HONEYCOMB in Advent Vega RUNNING

Guest the_corvus

Guest sipart

Hi superheros :-D

Does Paul's tweet this morning and his thread help you/mean anything to you?

"MoDaco Custom ROM Hr4 (Honeycomb) for the transformer is now de-odexed. Tegra Honeycomb ports just got easier?"

http://android.modaco.com/content/asus-eee...ad-transformer/

Here's hoping is does make it easier for you? :-)

Edited by sipart

Guest Dickins

I can feel your wallet growing with donations already.

As soon as it works on my Vega i feel a donation coming you way.

- Olly

Guest mintvilla
I haven't even used your roms yet and feel like giving you a donation just for all your hard work.

Great job and great news:D

What's the general delay between a new software release and the source release from google? A few weeks or months?

its normally hours..... Honeycomb has bene the exception to the rule, as they didnt want people putting HC on phones as its not ready to be put on phones, basically they do not want two operating sytems, they just want the one, that will look a certain way on a tablet, and look a certain way on a phone, but is the same operating system.

They didnt have time to do this, so they cheated, and just did the tablet part, so that it could get onto the xoom and transformer etc to stop apple getting too big a lead in the tablet wars, at googles i/o which i beleive is tomorrow??? they will announce whats next for android, whether this being honeycomb for phones, which added support for dual cores, and the lovely scrollable widgets theyve produced, or if its a whole new version of android (icecream) which is basically a mash up of gingerbread and HC, they will then show it off, and say it will be available in the next few days weeks..... so it will probaly be june, then the source will be released and we should be able to have much better builds for our vega's

Guest rvdgeer
de-odexed ?

So to be thick , what does that mean ?

de-odexed is what they call a 'searchterm'...

More info on it can be found here...

:unsure:

Guest dbaseii
Yes, but i have some experience about manufacturers saying that will have 2.2, 2.3 or 3.0 and i dont trust them... i only trust what i see...

Y si, soy español.

Corvus.

En que provincia corvus?

Guest newbe5

OK guys NEW UPDATE!

Hardware acceleration is officially a-go :unsure:

Not long before beta (VERY BETA) release. We just need to get WiFi working and we will let you guys get your hands on it :)

newbe5

Edited by newbe5

Guest ViPaSoft

Bloody Hell! That was a fast update. Really looking forward to this. May be sooner than I thought. Brilliant work and the vid looks great.

Going on holiday on 17th to 21st so will probably wait until after that, but the way you guys work, it may be ready sooner...

Wow...

Guest newbe5
great job guys. looks like its pritty smooth. is it just wifi or bluetooth and camera as well?

At the moment, not a lot works :) But it boots, and moves fast, we just need to get the hardware up to speed. Ofc we will continue working on this as hard as we can :unsure:

Guest premieral
OK guys NEW UPDATE!

Hardware acceleration is officially a-go :unsure:

Not long before beta (VERY BETA) release. We just need to get WiFi working and we will let you guys get your hands on it :)

newbe5

Omg i had no idea that hc was so good now I am stupidly excited :P well done both of you

Guest Panayioti
At the moment, not a lot works :) But it boots, and moves fast, we just need to get the hardware up to speed. Ofc we will continue working on this as hard as we can :unsure:

Thanks again much appreciated!

Guest peter a

Wow that does look impressive, I guess there isn`t going to be much space left in the internal memory for programs.

So time to start ordering the 32 gb micro sd cards.

Guest newbe5
Wow that does look impressive, I guess there isn`t going to be much space left in the internal memory for programs.

So time to start ordering the 32 gb micro sd cards.

For now we have had to increase the Size of the System partition from 125mb to 300mb! :unsure: This will be shrunk down in future versions as we streamline the ROM :)

newbe5

Guest cjtkd

You guys are almost better than sex :P

Guest ThisisSparta

And thats why android is better than iOS.

So glad I got a Vega, r u saying the speed in the vid is slow :unsure:

• 5 months later...
Guest collabolla

Hi.

Great work guys.

The only problem is that I cannot install from market?

Probably something stupid that I have done, but after looking on various forum its quite a popular problem which, as yet I cannot get to sort.

Any ideas would be great!

Thanks for all you do, Will donate once it does what it should have done out of the box!!

Well with a lot work of newbe and me, got HC booting:

http://tabletroms.com/forums/showthread.ph...p=2965#post2965

Time to some rest.

Corvus.