Samsung Omnia II Official Twitter v2.20 (UPDATED 04/05/2011)

Guest CrescendoFire

Guest nachoijs

could you upload the .exe and post the link??

thanks!,

nachoijs

I extracted the exe from the .cab using MSCEInf, I send the twitter app via bluetooth and it's working perfect, but in english and korean. I don't know whats the problem :-(

post-422176-1308849921_thumb.jpgpost-422176-1308850120_thumb.jpg

Guest CrescendoFire

Connection error? Is it failed to login like the old v1.2 that around?

----------------------

For error when running:

I think I managed to cornered the issue, why every apps can work OK without any proper cert in my Omnia II. Long time ago I was updating my Omnia II device policy, allowing it to open anything (it can run any program that's normally signed with some certs but unsigned. and it can run almost every signed program without needing to have a proper cert installed).

The name of the program is: Security Configuration Manager

The configuration preset for my device is: Security Off

The program also capable of signing any file with any certs...

Edited by CrescendoFire

Guest nachoijs

exactly, like the old one....

Connection error? Is it failed to login like the old v1.2 that around?

----------------------

For error when running:

I think I managed to cornered the issue, why every apps can work OK without any proper cert in my Omnia II. Long time ago I was updating my Omnia II device policy, allowing it to open anything (it can run any program that's normally signed with some certs but unsigned. and it can run almost every signed program without needing to have a proper cert installed).

The name of the program is: Security Configuration Manager

The configuration preset for my device is: Security Off

The program also capable of signing any file with any certs...

Guest nachoijs

nop.... "not signed" problem.....

thanks for your effort!!!!,

Try this file, I already unsign it and re-sign it with SDKCerts that you mentioned before in the Korean ROM development... Hope it'll work.... ^^

Guest eXPerience
Try this file, I already unsign it and re-sign it with SDKCerts that you mentioned before in the Korean ROM development... Hope it'll work.... ^^

I tried it before, it is not working, rapid81 said me that we have to remove the original certificate an resign it. but I don't know how to remove the original signature.

You need to remove the certificate, do whatever you want, then sign the file again. You can found the signer here in the forum, with the SDKCerts 2010. The remover is easy with google.

or maybe we have to use .mui files?

Guest eXPerience

mmm... I'm going to sleep

original unsigned twitter.exe success

now we can modify it, and run it with no problems. I think the solution is to unsign it before modify.

maybe now it can run on other devices, or maybe not XD

we can sign it again with sdk certificates

CrescendoFire I'll send you the original exe unsigned, please translate it, so we can try it again.

Edited by eXPerience

Guest eXPerience

OK guys... Done it!

-Thx. to CrescendoFire for his original translation, I used it to translate the Korean strings (I have no idea of Korean)

And here it is, based on the korean .exe file (extracted from the original .cab, posted by CrescendoFire), unsigned before modify it, translated using strings of the CrescendoFire translation, and here is the result:

Twitter.exe

Enjoy it! maybe I'll made a .cab but latter, or another day... who knows.

ok, non translated -> fonts sizes and autoupdate..., I don't find it on the exe to translate.... :-(

EDit: I used reshacker to translate it, is there any better software to do it? becose the translated twitter.exe is so unstable...

Edited by eXPerience

Guest CrescendoFire
OK guys... Done it!

-Thx. to CrescendoFire for his original translation, I used it to translate the Korean strings (I have no idea of Korean)

And here it is, based on the korean .exe file (extracted from the original .cab, posted by CrescendoFire), unsigned before modify it, translated using strings of the CrescendoFire translation, and here is the result:

Twitter.exe

ok, non translated -> fonts sizes and autoupdate..., I don't find it on the exe to translate.... :-(

EDit: I used reshacker to translate it, is there any better software to do it? becose the translated twitter.exe is so unstable...

YEAH!!! Sorry for awaiting my reply... Just back from my girl's home... Don't have any internet connection there, it's countryside... ^^

Hmmm.... Maybe it'll work with TouchPlayer.... I used Unsigner.exe from XDA-Devs to unsign the apps before translating, is that the program that you use?

No need the cab file, it basically only the exe that should be copied to Windows folder... The setup.xml in cab file says that...

And about the font and autoupdate thing, maybe it need the hex editor to edit that, its not visible in the strings.

And You can try to use XN Resource Editor to edit the 'other language' apps... Since ResHacker can't read the font. But, use XN Res Editor for READING THE STRING ONLY. And apply it using ResHacker. Its more reliable than XN beside font issue...

And can you describe the unstable thing? What's the problem and steps to reproduce, maybe I can help... Because it run fine on my Omnia2, I left it running overnight without any problem at all... ^^

Guest eXPerience
YEAH!!! Sorry for awaiting my reply... Just back from my girl's home... Don't have any internet connection there, it's countryside... ^^

Hmmm.... Maybe it'll work with TouchPlayer.... I used Unsigner.exe from XDA-Devs to unsign the apps before translating, is that the program that you use?

No need the cab file, it basically only the exe that should be copied to Windows folder... The setup.xml in cab file says that...

And about the font and autoupdate thing, maybe it need the hex editor to edit that, its not visible in the strings.

And You can try to use XN Resource Editor to edit the 'other language' apps... Since ResHacker can't read the font. But, use XN Res Editor for READING THE STRING ONLY. And apply it using ResHacker. Its more reliable than XN beside font issue...

And can you describe the unstable thing? What's the problem and steps to reproduce, maybe I can help... Because it run fine on my Omnia2, I left it running overnight without any problem at all... ^^

the unstable problem is when I'm using it for a few minutes 2 min o3 at max, the application exits without showing any message.. I don't know what happens :-(

it happens to me with the original signed app... maybe is because I'm using it in other folder

HAPPY TO SE YOU HERE AGAIN XD

Edited by eXPerience

Guest nachoijs

i am not lucky.....

i still have "The username, email or password do not match", message, i tried with 2 different accounts, i am typing right.....

OK guys... Done it!

Twitter.exe

Guest CrescendoFire
the unstable problem is when I'm using it for a few minutes 2 min o3 at max, the application exits without showing any message.. I don't know what happens :-(

it happens to me with the original signed app... maybe is because I'm using it in other folder

HAPPY TO SE YOU HERE AGAIN XD

Yes, it also happened to me when I tried to move it to my storage and run it from there.... And when I did that, I think it break some registry settings. Its become unstable even though I re-move it back to Windows folder... I'll restore my device now and see if it'll be OK...

Guest CrescendoFire

I just found out that the unsigned Twitter.exe actually can run perfectly on my O2.... But hasn't check for stability yet...

Guest CrescendoFire

I'm gonna re-flash my O2 with JG5...and gonna try this Twitter again...

It never happened before with old JC ROM (the network problem, I encountered once last night. the 2 minutes auto-exit problem, it's haunting me now.)

Guest CrescendoFire

Anyone here experiencing auto-exit issue?

---------------------------

Thanks eXPerience... But the registry is nothing to do with the auto-exit-problem.... I've tried to delete it but it still like that...

Yesterday I managed to open it for 15 minutes before it auto-exit...

Edited by CrescendoFire

Guest CrescendoFire
yes, i know, i am sure that i am typing ok letter by letter

I know this problem when I HRed my phone and tried to run it from my fresh O2... It simply can't login.. Maybe it got something to do with OAuth again (Twitter side problem maybe?)

But when I restored my backup, it simply can run again but with auto-exit per 1 minutes....

Currently using JH1 but still experiencing that issue.... Anyone using the older ROM or else than stock ROM please advise if this program can run OK in your device... Thanks....

Guest CrescendoFire

CONFIRMED!!! Twitter OAuth changed again. Echofon also throw an error saying that Twitter has changed their authorization system.

SCREENSHOT ATTACHED!!

Untitled_1.bmp

Edited by CrescendoFire

Guest CrescendoFire

it only work OK around 2 weeks for me then this damn twitter broke the Auth system again... Why twitter love to change their auth system every now and then?