[APP] Button Backlight Alert

Guest lilHermit

Guest davey4444
Without seeing your work for the n1 I'm just wondering how customisable this app can actually be...

1) How does it know which apps have the ability to send notifications? Is this list currently hard-coded? is there scope to add custom apps, such as plume, or even a "soccerscores" type app for games I'm mointoring / watching?

2) Again, from a customisation perspective.. what's the likihood on supporting different button lights for different notifications? - For example, if I had a missed call I could have the menu, home & back buttons lit up... for a text message I could have the home button and search button lit up? Obviously the complexity comes when there's mulitple notifications...

Appologies if the above suggestions / queries sound ungreatful - what you've done to date is fantastic and imho is a feature LG should have incorporated with their stock ROM.

Good work :-)

Will definately be sending some beer money your way

The Optimus 2x LED app in the market can do #1, I think it just depends what the apps give out as a marker to notify. My problem with that app is that it is not always reliable for whatever reason in terms of either telling me when there is a notification or not going off when I've cancelled one.

As for #2 I believe that it's all or none for the illuminations as far as I have read. Would love for that to be proven wrong though.

Guest lilHermit
Without seeing your work for the n1 I'm just wondering how customisable this app can actually be...

1) How does it know which apps have the ability to send notifications? Is this list currently hard-coded? is there scope to add custom apps, such as plume, or even a "soccerscores" type app for games I'm mointoring / watching?

Currently they are hardcoded but in the database, you will be able to add and delete apps as necessary. (It will remember a list of apps that have set notifications.)

2) Again, from a customisation perspective.. what's the likihood on supporting different button lights for different notifications? - For example, if I had a missed call I could have the menu, home & back buttons lit up... for a text message I could have the home button and search button lit up? Obviously the complexity comes when there's mulitple notifications...

That is not possible, its a hardware restriction.

3) also a 'breathing' type as per this:
really would be the icing on the cake! :-)

Yes that will be called pulse (Just clarifying for others)

~

Guest Jay_Snake
My problem with that app is that it is not always reliable for whatever reason in terms of either telling me when there is a notification or not going off when I've cancelled one.

I'm having the same problem. Sometimes the buttons don't light up after an sms. I'm using handcent.

Guest lilHermit
App works good so far :D will it work on gs2?

Once its done and working on the LG2X I'll work on adding SGS2 support. I've written it modular so adding support for extra phones will not mean a major rewrite.

Although I don't think the SGS2 will be easy looking at the kernel.

Guest goulloux

Quick question : "uses a modified framework already included MoDaCo (since 13 May Fr16) allowing for notifications to be indicated"

What are you referencing to ? Haven't read anything concret about this functionality :s

Guest lilHermit
Quick question : "uses a modified framework already included MoDaCo (since 13 May Fr16) allowing for notifications to be indicated"

What are you referencing to ? Haven't read anything concret about this functionality :s

I have written a modification to the NotificationManagerService class which is build into the framework of Android, this allows the app to function without battery drain. Paul has kindly included it in his ROM and I hope to get it included into other ROMs, with the help of some chefs. Paul has listed it in his change-log, "Low level changes for a forthcoming notifications product

" (13 May Fr16)

~

Guest jambezuk

Just reporting in... seems to work well so far. No noticeable effect on battery. Looking forward to pulse and the other flash option to come available.

The flash once isn't particularly helpful for me personally as if I'm not already looking at the phone I miss it... and in that case the screen turns on briefly anyway. the constant on is great though. Interested to see the battery benefit of the light going on and off intermittently.

Keep up the good work!

Guest Jay_Snake

Had a few sms messages just now, but the app didn't turn on the lights. I had this issue a couple of times with sms. I'm using handcent as sms app. Maybe it down't work with handcent???

With missed calls it's working perfectly.

Edited by Jay_Snake

Guest lilHermit
Had a few sms messages just now, but the app didn't turn on the lights. I had this issue a couple of times with sms. I'm using handcent as sms app. Maybe it down't work with handcent???

With missed calls it's working perfectly.

It should work with any app that sends a notification. Does it not work at all with handcent or is it sometimes?

~

Guest Jay_Snake
It should work with any app that sends a notification. Does it not work at all with handcent or is it sometimes?

~

I guess you can say it doesn't work at all with handcent. Just went to Xmen First Class and my girl had sent me an sms and again no lights.

Guest lilHermit
I guess you can say it doesn't work at all with handcent. Just went to Xmen First Class and my girl had sent me an sms and again no lights.

And do you have handcent configured to send notification? I've installed handcent on my test LG 2X and it had an option to enable/disable notification. I've not tested it myself as I currently don't have a sim in my test unit. I'll test this tomorrow.

beta2 is nearly done, Multiple flash and Pulse all working. Also added On and Off times plus a limit to number of flashes. Just some tidying and adding a few warning dialogs :D

~

Guest withoutwings
And do you have handcent configured to send notification? I've installed handcent on my test LG 2X and it had an option to enable/disable notification. I've not tested it myself as I currently don't have a sim in my test unit. I'll test this tomorrow.

beta2 is nearly done, Multiple flash and Pulse all working. Also added On and Off times plus a limit to number of flashes. Just some tidying and adding a few warning dialogs :D

~

Cool, well I'll wait for beta2 to give you a full review (interface/usability, bugs, suggestions); but for now notifications seem to be functioning well in beta1.

Guest davey4444

~

In regards to Handcent, it seems to work fine for me. I have notifications turned off in the native messaging up and on in Handcent.

Guest Jay_Snake
In regards to Handcent, it seems to work fine for me. I have notifications turned off in the native messaging up and on in Handcent.

I did the same from the minute I bought this phone, but stil....no notifications with this app.

Update: Reinstalled Handcent and this BBA app and it seems to work now!

Edited by Jay_Snake

Guest gpou
I did the same from the minute I bought this phone, but stil....no notifications with this app.

Update: Reinstalled Handcent and this BBA app and it seems to work now!

Any room for another beta tester????

I am using custom FR17 with 64MB Hack and Gilg@mesh edition 1.7

Guest lilHermit
Any room for another beta tester????

I am using custom FR17 with 64MB Hack and Gilg@mesh edition 1.7

Unfortunately beta phase is nearly over, I would expect it to be on market Saturday/Sunday

~

Guest ermacwins
Unfortunately beta phase is nearly over, I would expect it to be on market Saturday/Sunday

~

When can we test if need be? Also will it suppot cm7 or are you gonna wait for an rc release? Also how you gonna tackle the gs2 version? with all the kernels etc?

Guest lilHermit
When can we test if need be? Also will it suppot cm7 or are you gonna wait for an rc release? Also how you gonna tackle the gs2 version? with all the kernels etc?

I'm looking for someone to maintain the cm7 framework for it. It really depends how much the kernels differ from stock but I don't think there will be any issues.

~

Guest lilHermit
If you want i can make a spanish translation for the app. and also test it if you need

Spanish translation would be excellent, once I've finished the bulk of the strings I'll upload them for you to translate.

~

Guest nestor toledo
Spanish translation would be excellent, once I've finished the bulk of the strings I'll upload them for you to translate.

~

Perfectly, keep waiting. anything else i can do to help you let me know