My last custom Rom for Pulse

Guest totiadrenalin

Guest Casterina

Is there the emotion message widget? ;) Can someone help me why the rom wont install on my phone.

I got the uk 2010 update, ive wiped everything (dalvik cache, data partition, wipe data/factory reset) and when i try to install this rom.. it goes on finding update, opening update and puts me back to the recovery screen :/.

Guest twrock
Is there the emotion message widget? ;) Can someone help me why the rom wont install on my phone.

I got the uk 2010 update, ive wiped everything (dalvik cache, data partition, wipe data/factory reset) and when i try to install this rom.. it goes on finding update, opening update and puts me back to the recovery screen :/.

If all you want is a widget or two, just unzip the rom, and copy those specific files to your phone.

Other than that, did you see my post above?

Guest pessta
Ok, I did some minor editing to the install script, and at least it installed without errors this time. I'll use it for a little while before I make any final verdicts on it. But I need to take my wife to dinner, so it'll be a few hours until I can really start testing it.

My main reason for interest is your claim of long battery life. If that really happens and there are no other unresolvable bugs, I'll start modding it to fit my needs.

Thanks.

Edit: If anyone wants to beta test this, here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/?111haq2u2mg5511

I make no promises of anything on this.

Pre-installation for me was a fresh flash of the UK 2.1 2011 updata.app (I was using the CHT8000 rom, and I wanted to test it on a more "prominent" system), boot once, reboot into fastboot and reinstall CW Recovery, reboot into Recovery to do a full wipe (cache, data, sdext), installed this ZIP.

After installing I got "CustomAPKsHidden has stopped unexpectedly....." again ;)

Guest Casterina
If all you want is a widget or two, just unzip the rom, and copy those specific files to your phone.

Other than that, did you see my post above?

I want the rom itself because of the battery life etc, But i cant open the file.. Is that the pre installation process you mention that i should follow?

Guest twrock
After installing I got "CustomAPKsHidden has stopped unexpectedly....." again ;)

For full disclosure, I did little more than install it and run it for a very short time. That might not have been long enough to encounter the problem you mentioned.

I started testing a few things, including Apps2SD settings. But I quickly ran into a problem with adjusting swap settings, and gave up hope. I had been working on something else, so I dumped this rom, and went back to work on my own rom.

I can't imagine trying to figure out what someone else (Toti) has done to modify this rom without some very specific details from him. Without that, there is probably little I can do to make it work well or fix bugs. Sorry.

If someone can make use of it, great. But that probably is not me.

Incidentally, I'm still not seeing any significant difference in battery life between any roms I am testing, including an "almost" stock UK 2011 rom.

Guest totiadrenalin
For full disclosure, I did little more than install it and run it for a very short time. That might not have been long enough to encounter the problem you mentioned.

I started testing a few things, including Apps2SD settings. But I quickly ran into a problem with adjusting swap settings, and gave up hope. I had been working on something else, so I dumped this rom, and went back to work on my own rom.

I can't imagine trying to figure out what someone else (Toti) has done to modify this rom without some very specific details from him. Without that, there is probably little I can do to make it work well or fix bugs. Sorry.

If someone can make use of it, great. But that probably is not me.

Incidentally, I'm still not seeing any significant difference in battery life between any roms I am testing, including an "almost" stock UK 2011 rom.

The problem in any custom rom, other then the stock 2011 is the kernel it self.

When you type adb logcat, and press the lock button, you should immediately get no debug log in logcat!

That's meaning that the processor is working almost nothing. And no other devices, like GPS, camera, network, or any other battery draining device is working.

If you get any debug log, then your battery is draining.

I've been using this rom for month and so.

And When I was going to bad, and sleeping for 8h the battery was drained only 05 or even less.

That's the point.

Because the idle state (sleeping) is really idle state.

No significant battery draining.

So that's why you will get your battery less longer.

And that is not the same in any of yours (Tworck), or or other (Toms - Antonio) Custom roms as it is in this rom!

From cm6 to cm7.

And even the flbmod 1.7

When you do the same with adb logcat and press the lock button.

You will get debug logs all the time, until you unlock the phone, and continue getting debug log in the logcat.

Because the idle state (sleeping) isn't really idle state.

And not only the kernel, but the android it self.

In froyo+ all we was activating jit to get our phone working faster.

Also a lot of services wore working and occupying the processor for nothing - draining the battery.

In 2.1 uk 2011 things doesn't work that way.

The unneeded services are killed by the os it self when the os need more memory.

Also you can't see how much your battery will lass when you are fully using the phone.

Especially when you are using the WI-FI, GPS, or the Compass.

How much of you have waked up in the morning and wake awed! Where's my battery went when I did not even touched the phone all night.

It was locked all the time!

That's the point!

All apps, except the emotion ui widgets from u8500 are the original apps from the original 2.1 UK 2001 UPDATA.APP

I simply took some bin and lib files from flbmod 1.7 and put them in this rom for ext2 support, and also I integrate the flashlite and flashlitePlugin in the rom.

Pullout the lib files from the apps and put them in /system/lib/

Any external device, like: Camera, GPS, Comass, Network, WI-FI, are draining a lot the battery.

And any phone is the same when we are talking about the overusing the phone.

The point is the processor.

Some processor are more energy efficiency, and some not!

Also, Samsung for example are using weaker transmitter network to save the battery.

Also they use SUPER AMOLED Screen which use much small amount of power energy from the battery.

;)

Stop blaming me please!

Super Man is only a movie star!

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest totiadrenalin

In the paste year I've learn one thing. We can modify the Android rom to fit our needs.

Change the look (themes).

Also add swap and ext2 support, or something like that!

Maybe a little overclocing the CPU?!

Busting the memory buffers.

But we can not make it working much better than the original.

I gave up from pulse because of the hardware.

I loved my pulse, but my everyday needs are looking for something more better and more stable.

To all of you guys:

Use your Pulse as phone.

Do not bother so much to make a super computer from Pulse.

If you want a super computer in you pocket, then simply buy some pocket super computer.

Pulse can never be a pocket super computer.

It's made for normal everyday users, and normal everyday usage.

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest twrock
I simply took some bin and lib files from flbmod 1.7 and put them in this rom for ext2 support,

Stop blaming me please!

Super Man is only a movie star!

No "blame" from me. I am only letting people know that I do not have the requisite skills to fix any problems in this rom. Since I don't know exactly what modifications you made, I don't even know what to try to look at. ;)

But the information on which libs and bin files you modified is probably useful for someone with more skills than I have. It would be very nice to know exactly which libs and bin files you used from FLB 1.7. Any possibility you can tell us?

From my previous understanding, you minimally must have modified the boot.img (ramdisk) to root the rom and get a2sd to work. But so far the kernel would still be unmodified.

But I also thought that in order to get swap to work, the kernel needed to be modified. Is this correct?

Maybe I am ignorant on these points, but that was my understanding.

I still intend to do more testing of your rom, but I was working on something else when you posted, and it is hard to be doing too much at the same time. "Too many irons in the fire" causes me to make mistakes.

Thanks for you efforts and offer of help.

Guest Casterina
From my previous understanding, you minimally must have modified the boot.img (ramdisk) to root the rom and get a2sd to work. But so far the kernel would still be unmodified.

Does this mean that i could put the boot img in a stock rom and root the phone to allow a2sd to work without using link2sd.

Guest twrock
Does this mean that i could put the boot img in a stock rom and root the phone to allow a2sd to work without using link2sd.

No, the boot.img doesn't contain everything needed to get apps2sd to work. But without a modified boot.img, apps2sd won't work. (There is a technical difference between the kernel and the boot.img, but I won't go into that here. Basically the kernel is part of the boot.img.)

And on your previous question, sorry I didn't notice that at the time.

Did you download the link I put up? Did you follow the instructions as I posted them above? I was able to install and run the rom for a short time without encountering the problems others mentioned. But I did run into an issue when I started to mess with swap. But that might not be something anyone else has a problem with.

So if you want to try this rom, I suggest you go back to my post above, download from that link, and then follow those instructions.

Guest Casterina
No, the boot.img doesn't contain everything needed to get apps2sd to work. But without a modified boot.img, apps2sd won't work. (There is a technical difference between the kernel and the boot.img, but I won't go into that here. Basically the kernel is part of the boot.img.)

And on your previous question, sorry I didn't notice that at the time.

Did you download the link I put up? Did you follow the instructions as I posted them above? I was able to install and run the rom for a short time without encountering the problems others mentioned. But I did run into an issue when I started to mess with swap. But that might not be something anyone else has a problem with.

So if you want to try this rom, I suggest you go back to my post above, download from that link, and then follow those instructions.

Ahhh okayyy! Thanks, i'll try and install the zip you put up:)