WP7 Sliding Keyboard

Guest Hermit Dave

Guest awarner

Latest update and it's working really well now.

One suggestion, can we add words when we need them? I notice you can not use "app" but have to use "application" spotted that in the video demo as well, adding words would fix that.

Guest Hermit Dave

Latest update and it's working really well now.

One suggestion, can we add words when we need them? I notice you can not use "app" but have to use "application" spotted that in the video demo as well, adding words would fix that.

well word addtion has been around since 1.5 but thanks to a user i realised that i wasn't persisting those entries (so when you restarted, you had to add them again). Fixed that in 1.9. Might try to push it out today evening

I think i have further improved the speed. Got some positive reviews finally :)

Just because i used a company, people think there's like a team of developers - not a single dev who's using all the spare time :( oh well

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Hermit Dave

Been away for a bit, since the last few updates it's working better than ever

I am glad. Thank you for being one of the first few customers :) total paid users now 585

The last release 2.2 when live some time over the weekend. I haven't touched the word match engine for since 1.9. It is pretty good now. Next i am going to work on word prediction when manually entering (useful for not supported languages.

Guest Hermit Dave

One of my friends has it; he is so impressed with that. He gave me a grate feedback as well. So definitely looking to switch to it.

2.3 with word prediction has been submitted for testing. Glad to hear a good word :)

Guest Hermit Dave

Just got to hope MS eventually decide to give access so we can use this as a default keyboard UI.

its not difficult... based on what i have seen i am 99% sure that the default keyboard is XAML keyboard and there's no reason why they can't allow others to use similar framework - though current keyboard requires old CE style COM hooks into the OS, Microsoft has got to make it simpler if they want to keep devs on silverlight only.

Yes can only hope that Microsoft will eventually give up extensive control :)