Repartition NAND for optimal CM7 setup [2011-08-15]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest ozoner99

Thank you very much for your assistance with this repartitioned rom, it's excellent! Some paypal love will be comingyour way this payday :-)

But is there a simple way of changing the splash screen back to the green android guy (or anything else for that matter) instead of the new pic of the partitiontable?

Thanks a lot.

PS. my Optus mytab upgraded fine without any IMEI changing issues.

Guest Gaz14
Thank you very much for your assistance with this repartitioned rom, it's excellent! Some paypal love will be comingyour way this payday :-)

But is there a simple way of changing the splash screen back to the green android guy (or anything else for that matter) instead of the new pic of the partitiontable?

Thanks a lot.

PS. my Optus mytab upgraded fine without any IMEI changing issues.

Depends what you consider simple, you could simply open the splash.img file in /files with paint and the change it to whatever you want and reflash or make a new one and reboot into bootloader and use fastboot to flash it if you'd like I can make a zip file with a .bat file you can just run and it's done

Sent from CM7 V9 using Tapatalk

Edited by Gaz14

Guest ozoner99

I have never gone into bootloader before, or used fastboot. If it's not too much trouble, please can you make up a bat file, or point me towards an existing one. Any instructions will be appreciated. Thank you so much for your help.

Depends what you consider simple, you could simply open the splash.img file in /files with paint and the change it to whatever you want and reflash or make a new one and reboot into bootloader and use fastboot to flash it if you'd like I can make a zip file with a .bat file you can just run and it's done

Guest Gaz14
I have never gone into bootloader before, or used fastboot. If it's not too much trouble, please can you make up a bat file, or point me towards an existing one. Any instructions will be appreciated. Thank you so much for your help.

Rightio I can do that, I'm actually away with work at the moment but I'll be home on the weekend I'll try to remember to make it then and post it up for you

Edit unless someone else wants to make a batch file that flashes the splash and include fastboot and a copy of the stock splash in a zip file with before the weekend

Edited by Gaz14

Guest kraiklyn

Hi,

This look great, is there any way to enable 850/2100 support for my Network here in NZ (Telecom NZ)?

This was originally an Optus MyTab 2.2 (official firmware) from Australia. I'm sure the hardware supports 850 but it wont pick up my network provider here with the 3 different firmwares I've flashed.

Thanks in advance,

K

Edited by kraiklyn

Guest kiting

Halo...

Thanks to KK for the awesom rom, I really appreciate your hard work.

But there is a problem when I try to download applications from the market.

I can not download applications that size above 4 MB, is it associated with the cache layout that measures just 5 Mb? And how do i fix it?

Thanx for your attention....

Edited by kiting

Guest sane?

But there is a problem when I try to download applications from the market.

I can not download applications that size above 4 MB, is it associated with the cache layout that measures just 5 Mb? And how do i fix it?

Works fine with that cache partition size and Angry Birds (19MB), so I think your problem might be elsewhere.

Edited by sane?

Guest kiting

Works fine with that cache partition size and Angry Birds (19GB), so I think your problem might be elsewhere.

Please can you tell me where the problem is?

Guest Gaz14

install green android.zip

Rightio I can do that, I'm actually away with work at the moment but I'll be home on the weekend I'll try to remember to make it then and post it up for you

Edit unless someone else wants to make a batch file that flashes the splash and include fastboot and a copy of the stock splash in a zip file with before the weekend

Here it's a week late but unzip this somewhere and run it to reflash to the green android splash it'll come up with instructions when you run the install green android splash.bat file

PM me if you have any trouble i check the forum on my v9 a few times a day when i'm bored

Edited by Gaz14

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest pck.au

Hi, thanks for your work kallt_kaffe.

I have installed the zip through clockwork recovery and all good. However my V9 is still running on the old nand partition sizes. Is it correct if I do the following to use the optimised paritions:

1. Boot to recovery and then backup. After backup restart the tab

2. Install the OneClickStockRecoveryV9.apk ( it will replace the clockwork recovery by the original recovery I suppose).

3. Power off and then on with Volume down button held

4. Reinstall with the upgrade tool what will resize the partitions

5. Boot to recovery and restore from the backup created from step 1.

I am not sure about : will I get FTM in step 3? If it works then do I need to wipe data in step 5.

Thanks for any help and the great work.

Guest kiting
Updated to 2011-08-15 version. New package also installs Clockwork 4.0.1.4 automaticly.

Compass pointing to the wrong direction, can you fix it...

Thanx.....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Stephen J. Knill

Cheers bud.. yeah i had stumbled across the hexedit uyour channel.nvm , which ive now done .. looks correct now but still having APN issues (changed from prepaid to postpaid optus sim in the process of doing this rom update ..) i can make calls and sms's , which is a start... just cant 'browse'.

I feel your frustration.

It's obviously an APN issue but I don't know any optus settings other than those shown in the whirlpool wiki., I suppose I shouldn't be surprised there is a different set for post paid. When you find out it would be great if you would post it because you're not going to be the only one going to post paid.

Thanks in advance

Dec

Decado is right, there are different APN setting between Post-Paid and Pre-Paid... change the APN from "connectcap"/"preconnect" to "yesinternet" and it should work.

Edit for referance: http://ausdroid.net/apns/#optus

Edited by Stephen J. Knill

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Pushpak

Update done successfully, but lost the IMEI. Followed the exact process given here by Decado. But all i get is fail in restore NV. I reflashed again and this time the process did not went through the back NV and Restore NV steps at all.

Will do some more experiment as I have not seen this in any of the updates I did (for other also) :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi

OK, two part answer here and it just comes from my own experiences.

Firstly, A Possible prevention

I've now done 7 or 8 of these and only on 2 of them was the IMEI number ever changed. I *think* the reason is as follows

Most people just use the patched Sales tool to flash their tab. It's quite true that you can just click on the .exe file and ignore a few error messages that appear for some and it will flash the ROM for you. It also changes the IMEI or at least it does for me. I "think?" it is just the patched salestool .exe that KK has included in the link above.

I found that if instead I started off installing the tool from the unpatched tool in the first link here by Sebastian404 (click here for link) which does a full install process and THEN copy the patched .exe to the install folder and made a link to the patched .exe that the tool FIRST backs up your Channel1.nvm file which contains the IMEI number BEFORE FLAHING the rom and then restores it afterwards.

Secondly, A cure

If it is too late and you have you have already changed your IMEI number then if you've installed the "sales tool" as outlined above and copied the patched exe accross then you can choose "Backup NV" and run the tool. A file called "Channel1.nvm" will be created in the folder where the sales tool installed to in the \program files directory.

Take this file (it will be about 70kb in size) and with any free hex editor edit the IMEI which can be found at offset 0x1205 (it will begin most likely with 3a) to your correct one and then save it.

So for example, if your real IMEI number from the case was

then you will find the characters at 0x1205 starting with 3a and replace as follows

3a 54 76 98 10 32 54 76

Yes, it's back to front which is why the 3 at the front (03) becomes 3a

Once edited, save the file and place the edited file back into the sales tool's install folder and run "Restore NV" and your IMEI number will be restored.

Hope this helps

As KK and all the crew say, perfom this proceedure at your own risk yada yada. Having said that, it works for me.

Hope this helps

Dec (aka vk4ari from whirlpool forums)

I am having sometrouble with this, can you help me or can i send you the file and the imei number?

Tanhks

• 3 weeks later...

Layout: /system 136Mb /data 300Mb /cache 5Mb

Installs CM7 2011-08-15 + google apps 20110613 from http://goo-inside.me/gapps/

NOTE: Just like the leaked 2.2 update (or any official 2.2 update) this will convert the device to Gen2 and there is no way back to Gen1 and Android 2.1

Download: http://www.mediafire...hi7rhddjb2j33iv

Instructions

• Turn the device off and then turn it on with Volume-down pressed.
  • If you have a stock recovery you will see the text FTM on the screen. If not it will get "stuck" on the splash-logo. Both alternatives are OK.
  • Connect the device to the computer with an USB cable
  • Find out (with the Device Manager) on which COM port the DFU interface appears (ZTE Handset Diagnostic Interface (DFU))
  • Start Sales_MultiDL_MSM7227_patched.exe
  • Choose Option->Port Config and configure the COM on Line 1 -- DIAG to be the one that the DFU uses. Click OK when finished.
  • Choose "Backup NV" and click "Start All". Now a file called Channel1.nvm will be created. Make a copy of it for safekeeping! It can be useful if the IMEI becomes corrupt. (If you allready have a copy of it then you can skip this step)
  • Switch to "Download" and click on "SW Directory". Choose the "files" folder.
  • Click "Start All" and pour a cup of coffee.
  • After 3-4 minutes it should have finished flashing. Disconnect the USB cable and remove the battery.
  • Put the battery back and power up the device.
  • Enjoy your coffee while it boots.

NOTE! This install will also install Clockwork recovery 4.0.1.4.

EVERYTHING IS DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK (as usual)!

Hi i do everthing you say here but i am stuck in ftm mode i cant go in recovery mode with volume down i power button and no start up (no android start up) :S

Guest Reversedhex

is it possible to only change partition table and then restore backup through recovery?

like this;

create backup from the cm rom

restart in bootloader mode

fastboot flash boot boot.img, taken from the files folder

reboot in recovery and restore backup

Edited by Reversedhex

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wsl2011

Layout: /system 136Mb /data 300Mb /cache 5Mb

Installs CM7 2011-08-15 + google apps 20110613 from http://goo-inside.me/gapps/

NOTE: Just like the leaked 2.2 update (or any official 2.2 update) this will convert the device to Gen2 and there is no way back to Gen1 and Android 2.1

Download: http://www.mediafire...hi7rhddjb2j33iv

Instructions

• Turn the device off and then turn it on with Volume-down pressed.
  • If you have a stock recovery you will see the text FTM on the screen. If not it will get "stuck" on the splash-logo. Both alternatives are OK.
  • Connect the device to the computer with an USB cable
  • Find out (with the Device Manager) on which COM port the DFU interface appears (ZTE Handset Diagnostic Interface (DFU))
  • Start Sales_MultiDL_MSM7227_patched.exe
  • Choose Option->Port Config and configure the COM on Line 1 -- DIAG to be the one that the DFU uses. Click OK when finished.
  • Choose "Backup NV" and click "Start All". Now a file called Channel1.nvm will be created. Make a copy of it for safekeeping! It can be useful if the IMEI becomes corrupt. (If you allready have a copy of it then you can skip this step)
  • Switch to "Download" and click on "SW Directory". Choose the "files" folder.
  • Click "Start All" and pour a cup of coffee.
  • After 3-4 minutes it should have finished flashing. Disconnect the USB cable and remove the battery.
  • Put the battery back and power up the device.
  • Enjoy your coffee while it boots.

NOTE! This install will also install Clockwork recovery 4.0.1.4.

EVERYTHING IS DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK (as usual)!

Hi, Kallt Kaffe.

I have a ZTE V9 from 3AT. with 2.1 rooted. I want to flash update 2.2 on it. But i can't get into the FTM mode. I tried with Volume - with Power, only in Recovery Mode; with Volime + and Power i got device started again, And idea?

Thanks in advance

• 5 months later...
Guest Cyndi13

Okay I'm at my wits' end. I have a "Wintec Filemate Light" (aka ZTE V9 gen 2 with Froyo 2.2 stock). When trying to fix google Play, the damn thing froze. The only "stock" ROM I could find with working links was for the Optus MyTab. So I flashed it with that. It worked. For a day. Then, the screen stopped responding as well as the three bottom buttons (Power and Volume still worked). Was able to get back into the FTM screen and flashed again with CM7. Still no touch screen. Flashed again with instructions in this forum, so now it's partitioned AND has Clockwork Recovery on it, but it doesn't flipping matter because I still can't use the flipping touch screen! I tried rebooting with the Vol + pressed, no luck. Tried simple reboot, no luck. I'm thinking I just have NO LUCK.

100 karma points to anyone who can help me get this working. I need it for nursing school and really can't afford another!!! :angry2: :blush: :( :excl: :excl: :excl:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest SmithyTrek

Hi, retard here :D

I've got the lastest version of CM7 for ZTE V9 (stable, 7.2) .

Can i use this method for repartition my Light ?

In first post you're recommend a cm from 18.05.11 :D

Sorry for my bad english :P

Edit : Okay, it works, i'm stupid :P

Edited by SmithyTrek