ZTE T-U880 (Variant Of Blade)

Guest solidchips

Okay, I got it all to work but when I try to install the Market Addon that you posted I get

"E:Error in /sdcard/addon_market_Zte_T-U880.zip

(Status 0)

Installation Aborted."

Any help?

Root:

- Download the file "Root_U880.zip" and extract it on your pc.

- Install the drivers on your pc.

- Execute the "Superonecick.exe" and root your phone.

Recovery

- Download the "recovery_u880.img" file, copy it on root of sdcard.

- Download "RecoveryManager_v0.36b.apk" and install it on phone.

- Open the application "RecoveryManager_v0.36b" and install the recovery manually.

Done, if you have any problem let me know.

recovery is done as hereunder discribed, how to install CWR on U880? Is it possible to use RecoveryManager_v0.36b.apk to install your ROM?

Edited by boy4k

Guest rajivparaj

recovery is done as hereunder discribed, how to install CWR on U880? Is it possible to use RecoveryManager_v0.36b.apk to install your ROM?

Thanks for the files and information;

Could any one provide me with step wise procedure, am new to this..

PLEASE!!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest rajivparaj
Root:

- Download the file "Root_U880.zip" and extract it on your pc.

- Install the drivers on your pc.

- Execute the "Superonecick.exe" and root your phone.

Recovery

- Download the "recovery_u880.img" file, copy it on root of sdcard.

- Download "RecoveryManager_v0.36b.apk" and install it on phone.

- Open the application "RecoveryManager_v0.36b" and install the recovery manually.

Done, if you have any problem let me know.

success.. perfect... but some bug still existing.. like there is no SMS box and internet browser.. have any one encounter such problems..!!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Georgui

Hey guys, could you explain a noob how to install ClockWorkMod Recovery to this phone without android market? I have a mac and pc and this phone and stuck. Direct me to the right place please.

So is it possible at all to run Cyanogenmod on this ZTE-T U880 at all, or only the modified ROM you made?

I can't get the ROM to work, it says 'Amend scripting is no longer supported. Amend scripting was deprecated by Google in Android 1.5.'

Do you know anything to do about this?

Edited by gottx

Guest MrJohnM

Hello,

I read all 3 pages for this thread, but I can't fully understand how to install this ROM.

Is there a step by step instruction on how to install this custom ROM on my ZTE T-U880 ?

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.

I bought myself this phone delivery from China. In Chinese Forum downloaded the latest firmware already working with the Android Market.

If you are interested I can upload the firmware, but there are many Chinese programs will have to delete them manually.

PS. Sorry for my english, im from Russia :rolleyes:

I also just bought this phone and now waiting for delivery.

Where did you find the latest firmware? Can you post a link or send me an pm?

Thanks!

Guest max_r_cheep

SolidChips-

I recently got a ZTE-T U880 and rooted it with SuperOneClick and installed CWR v2.5.0.9. I added your MOD solidchips_U880_v1.1. I wiped everything before flashing. The phone boots up OK, but now I get no signal (it says there is no SIM, or the SIM is locked - I tried 3 different SIMS none of them work), I cannot sign into my google account, and my PC no longer recognizes the phone. Any ideas? Please help! I am in China on China Mobile.

Thanks!!!

Max_r_Cheep

Guest solidchips

SolidChips-

I recently got a ZTE-T U880 and rooted it with SuperOneClick and installed CWR v2.5.0.9. I added your MOD solidchips_U880_v1.1. I wiped everything before flashing. The phone boots up OK, but now I get no signal (it says there is no SIM, or the SIM is locked - I tried 3 different SIMS none of them work), I cannot sign into my google account, and my PC no longer recognizes the phone. Any ideas? Please help! I am in China on China Mobile.

Thanks!!!

Max_r_Cheep

Honestly, i am not sure what's the problem with your phone.

One thing that comes to my mind is, maybe it's due to missing sim-toolkit apk.

I'm attaching "stk,rar", unzip it and copy "stk.apk" in "/system/app"

Let me know what happens?

Regards

Faisal

Stk.rar

Guest BladeMan2011

I have a problem with zte-T U880 , when I try to create a new apn with authentication, this don´t work. The same configuration and the same SIM card work fine in other phones (Android and others). Of course I have bought this phone in China but I have testing it in my country.

The curious is if you create a new apn (with name WAP in my case) without authentication this work perfect.

Where Android save the APN configuration? I have a file in etc and system/etc with name apns-conf.xml but this is not.

Someone has set a new APN , outside china?

Guest Georgui

Hi guys

Any ideas why wifi isn't working?

it gets connected to my wifi fine.

But not a single app recognizes it. For instance google maps say that a proper internet connection is required. market says the same s***. Cannot get my sync set up.

Tried to change encryption on wifi to wpa psk and then to wep, changed channels - no luck with that.

Device is rooted and has the mod from here.

Edited by Georgui

Guest Georgui

Okay, now wifi issue is solved due to having original firmware with google apps installed on it. Now going for 2.3.5 original firmware but no idea how to yet.

Time Division Synchronous Code Division Multiple Access (TD-SCDMA) or UTRA/UMTS-TDD 1.28 Mcps Low Chip Rate (LCR),[1][2] is an air interface[1] found in UMTS mobile telecommunications networks in China as an alternative to W-CDMA.

It wont work in Europe as it doesn't have GSM or the version of 3G that we use.

I just got this model from DealExtreme(I live in Europe) and the description includes WiFi/GPRS/EDGE/HSPA/TD-SCDMA as Data connections. HSPA is not working in Europe?

So far I just tried to make a regular phone call and it worked.

Got the same problem. After flashing the phone (needed several attemps) everything is working EXCEPT the phone function. It says NO SIM installed. I do have WIFI access.

I checked the system\app directory, there was no stk.apk. I copied the file into the folder and rebooted, but it still says No Sim.

Tried to click on the stkjun.apk but there was a problem with parsing.

Edited by hk300

Okay, now wifi issue is solved due to having original firmware with google apps installed on it. Now going for 2.3.5 original firmware but no idea how to yet.

I rooted and install the mod published here, but I'm also having issues with wifi, it works fine with maps but trying to sign in with google account gives a "Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server". There's no browser included, but I installed Boat from apk and it works fine. SMS are not working (when I select "Text contact" I get "Unsopported action, That action is not currently supported").

Did you manage to fix those issues? Did you install other firmware?

Guest caiorick

Hi Soliship,

I installed your rom and is working good, but autorotate screen is not working and does not have a undroid default mail app.

Do you now how to fix autorotation and how to install defaul mail app?

Thak you so much!!!!!

Hi Guys

Here is the ROM Link, Download

Download the .zip file, copy it to the root of your sdcard and flash it with CWR.

Cheers.

No SIM - issue

In the About Phone menu it says: Baseband Unknown

How to flash the baseband or reflash back to stock?

I can get into CWM and can the phone works (e.g. WIFI works), except the phone call/receive calls does not work

Guest solidchips

Hi Soliship,

I installed your rom and is working good, but autorotate screen is not working and does not have a undroid default mail app.

Do you now how to fix autorotation and how to install defaul mail app?

Thak you so much!!!!!

Download the attached file, unzip it

Copy ""MMS.apk" to /system/app (use rootexplorer or some other software of your choice).

Copy "akmd2" to /system/bin

Hope this will fix the issues, let me know how it goes.

regards

Faisal

Solidchips_Mail_Rotation_Fix.rar

Download the attached file, unzip it

Copy ""MMS.apk" to /system/app (use rootexplorer or some other software of your choice).

Copy "akmd2" to /system/bin

Hope this will fix the issues, let me know how it goes.

regards

Faisal

Hi Solidchips, I followed your above instructions but autorotate is still not working. Do you know how can I fix the wifi issue and make the SMS work again? (despite I'm in Europe they used to work with the original ROM).

Hi Solidchips, I followed your above instructions but autorotate is still not working. Do you know how can I fix the wifi issue and make the SMS work again? (despite I'm in Europe they used to work with the original ROM).

SMS are back by installing an SMS app, Go SMS Pro. Still having problems with wifi.

Guest solidchips

For auto rotate fix, flash the attached file using clockwork recovery.

regards

Faisal

Accelrometer_Fix.zip