20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Changelog

19th Jan - 13:45

• Fixed incorrect buttons on 'stock style' themes.
    19th Jan - 13:30

• Added test Button Backlight Alert support to the kitchen

I've tested BBA and it seems to be working fine.

I still have the zero signal strength icon flashing up in the status bar when the phone is getting a gps location on the stock gingerbread theme.

edit to add - the gps fix was really fast as soon as I walked over to the windowbiggrin.gif

Edited by rmein

Guest PaulOBrien

I've tested BBA and it seems to be working fine.

I still have the zero signal strength icon flashing up in the status bar when the phone is getting a gps location on the stock gingerbread theme.

edit to add - the gps fix was really fast as soon as I walked over to the windowbiggrin.gif

Ah yes, will fix that icon then I reckon we're ready to rock with Gr6 and any further improvements can go in Gr7.

P

Guest Brembo109
Just tried downloading from the market only to get an error of insufficient space.

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk

Reboot should solve this

Edited by Brembo109

Okay... not sure what this is connected with....

Just baked a standard GB rom, wipe and factory reset, flashed rom from sd card all the same as normal. Ext3, standard kernel, BB from previous GR5 install

Started setup, logged in to google (after wifi)

phone seemed quite normal.

Restarted the phone

and now boot loop.

so

wiped again, wiped dalvic cache too

re-installed same rom

and still boot loop

Just get the LG logo and then black screen goto line 1

any ideas?

Steve

edit:

connected to charger, same thing

left disconnected a few minutes

now it will not boot, black screen permanently on... is this a first?

left a few minutes and boot loop again.

I will try a KDZ install, but wonder why it broke after a reboot ??

Steve

p.s. this is not connected to the email issue, didnt even get that for lol sad.gif

Edited by g6hoq

so

wiped again, wiped dalvic cache too

re-installed same rom

and still boot loop

Just get the LG logo and then black screen goto line 1

any ideas?

Steve

edit:

connected to charger, same thing

left disconnected a few minutes

now it will not boot, black screen permanently on... is this a first?

left a few minutes and boot loop again.

I will try a KDZ install, but wonder why it broke after a reboot ??

Steve

Perhaps you try wiping system as well. For me, not doing this causes all kinds of problem.

Worth giving a try.

Perhaps you try wiping system as well. For me, not doing this causes all kinds of problem.

Worth giving a try.

formatted /system

wiped & factory reset

reinstalled GR6

bootloop again....

It isnt logical, it worked once, just not again since the reboot

formatted /system

wiped & factory reset

reinstalled GR6

bootloop again....

It isnt logical, it worked once, just not again since the reboot

Do you have an external SD card? If yes, remove it and try once again all wipes including system and see what happens.

EDIT.. Please make sure that you are not using CWM external SD card version. Almost forgot that mine is external SD version.

Edited by Divyan

Guest Stevvie

That's what usually fixes it, but not this time. Rebooted a few times.

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk

Just installed Spica'sHP Kernel and can now download from market again. I had cooked up with kernel MCK r28 (2.6.32.54).

Just installed Spica'sHP Kernel and can now download from market again. I had cooked up with kernel MCK r28 (2.6.32.54).

Oh..! Spica's kernel works for you? Which version is that? I tried SR2 version, but it gave me bootloop ( looks like something to do with EXT4, maybe? ). Using dr4go's FPS kernel now.

Guest RedeemerSK

I don't think Thanatos2x, as a ROM, is more 'fluid' than any other decent ROM I've used. It's only really the launcher that gives that impression.

Not for me. I always use the same launcher (GoLauncher EX) and with Thanatos ROM it's the first time it's fluid ALL the time. Even right after wake up. On V20o rebuild and Gr5 for example it took several seconds after wake up to get fluid screen scrolling. And it didn't last from that moment on, but there were always moments when it seemed like something running on the background was eating majority of CPU time which caused major animations lags.

Same goes for apps, with Thanatos it's instant, because all the apps I launch are preloaded (I check apps stats often, GB stock running apps activity). From ~70 MB "free", I can see 90% populated by stoped apps all the time. That was not the case with V20o.

Edited by RedeemerSK

About the Owain scripts, it mounts internal and external sd card differently. Perhaps in the phone's options screen there can be the selection where which sd card should be mounted, like it is in CM7.1? Or perhaps it can be an option in the kitchen?

Most (many) apps only support /sdcard so it is useful to be able to specify which card should go where.

One other option from CM I like a lot is the seemless 2G only/3G switching. It does so very fast and also without disconnecting the entire radio, as the Toggle2G does. But I haven't got a clue whether or not this can be implemented. It's just on my 'nice to have' list.

Otherwise I have it running now for over a day and it seems fine. I did however have a white signal icon without any arrow under the 3G/H icon just once, when I turned to screen on. So I was afraid it would eat my battery again but it didn't and just reconnected immediately, So it might have been a glitch in the matrix. Hope not to see this again otherwise I must go back to CM and I like mcr so much better...

So, thanks for your nice work!

Not for me. I always use the same launcher (GoLauncher EX) and with Thanatos ROM it's the first time it's fluid ALL the time. Even right after wake up. On V20o rebuild and Gr5 for example it took several seconds after wake up to get fluid screen scrolling. And it didn't last from that moment on, but there were always moments when it seemed like something running on the background was eating majority of CPU time which caused major animations lags.

Same goes for apps, with Thanatos it's instant, because all the apps I launch are preloaded (I check apps stats often, GB stock running apps activity). From ~70 MB "free", I can see 90% populated by stoped apps all the time. That was not the case with V20o.

I agree with that !! But I think that the lags are caused by I/O and not by CPU limits.

Edited by cloogy

Oh..! Spica's kernel works for you? Which version is that? I tried SR2 version, but it gave me bootloop ( looks like something to do with EXT4, maybe? ). Using dr4go's FPS kernel now.

I managed to wipe my internal SD card by installing Spica's SR2 ( at least I think that's when it happened). This has happened to me before when playing around with kernels and Gr5, so luckily I had backed it up yesterday! I'll have to check back into why that happens - I thought it was only a risk on the RC versions.

Guest ciarpame

Changelog

19th Jan - 14:20

• Added owain94's init.d tweaks to the kitchen (user request), version 3.5-.13. Tweaks include internetspeedtweaks, misckerneltweaks, batterytweaks, ext4journalismoff, perfectmountoptions, sdspeed, defragdb, f***thelogger, wehatenormalizedsleep, loopysmoothness, ramscript, zipalign and sick. You can view the original topic on XDA Developers for more details.

I don't understand if ext4 is required to use these tweaks, it seems so by reading the XDA thread.