HANNSpree HANNSpad 10.1" - £150.99 inc from Best Buy UK

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest chrisd1a1

Getting some accessories in advance of delivery. Silly question but what are the exact touch screen dimensions so I can get a screen protector?

Thanks

Chris

Guest shadeygeezer

on order and due on thursday:)

I ordered mine on Friday - and paid for the Saturday delivery option - since I wanted to play with it over the long bank holiday weekend..

I was gutted to find it was the naff 33 version, so have not even opened it..

It's going straight back to ebuyer.. but I hear they can't tell what you are getting if you order from the main store site.. I even asked on the phone to make sure it was the 53 they sent..

REALLY disappointment that it appears I could have saved £5 and got the 53 if I used their ebay shop... odd that they can send out current 53 stock if asked - but the main store can't? :(

Edited by shadeygeezer

Guest julian_1234

I ordered mine on Friday - and paid for the Saturday delivery option - since I wanted to play with it over the long bank holiday weekend..

I was gutted to find it was the naff 33 version, so have not even opened it..

It's going straight back to ebuyer.. but I hear they can't tell what you are getting if you order from the main store site.. I even asked on the phone to make sure it was the 53 they sent..

REALLY disappointment that it appears I could have saved £5 and got the 53 if I used their ebay shop... odd that they can send out current 53 stock if asked - but the main store can't? :(

The same happened to me after asking them if they're selling the 53 version on their e-note system. So mine's being returned.

They also couldn't guarantee the replacement would be a 53 model and I would have to pay return postage if I sent it back again.

Don't know whether to buy one from their ebay site, or maybe wait a couple more weeks to see what the Amazon tablets are like.

I assume they would have a camera which would be useful.

Anyone able to give me advice on how to get the market place on it?

Cheers :)

storm3y, have a look at the guide on:

slatedroid.com/topic/20232-guide-hannspad-rooting-updated-august-4th-2011/

They say its picked at random. But when u buy it, pit on the notes that you want a 53 model and it might increase your chances. It seemed to work for me.

Bought from ebuyer and got 33 model, returned it and bought from ebuyer eBay , pit on notes in capitals I WANT A 1653 model. And I got a 1653 model.

Mine is going back wednesday.

Day 2 sometimes after about 10 minutes the thing just froze. Sometimes you lost all touch control apart from the bottom 1/4 of the screen.

Then day 3 after downloading a load of apps so I could take it on holiday I turned it on and it had wiped them all and any ones I now download don't seem to work correctly. 1/2 of them throw you out of the program.....

Full marks to Ebuyer. They collected the old one, tested it and found it was faulty.

Sent a replacement yesterday and arrived this morning and its a 53 again....

I've just ordered one from ebuyer express, not sure why there was two listed, one at 155+ 10 PP and the other at 150 free pp, but I'm not silly I got the cheaper one.

Requested a 1653 lets hope thats what I receive.

quite looking forward to doing some hacking at it, havent played with a tegra yet.

Guest blazer666_uk

I bought mine from ebuyer on Thursday it was a shop spoiled one 10 quid less so I got it for 140! and its MINT - no marks or scuffs. Installed CWM and Cyanogen 7...great I now have a Tablet I can use. the Hannspree Version of android is SHITE...to say the least. But now I can access my google aaccount and have normal Android market with all the Cyanogen trimmings....yum yum :P

Edited by blazer666_uk

I am SEETHING with eBuyer.

I asked first whether it was the 633 or the 653 "Its the 653" they said. "Look - don't send me a 633, it'll be sent back" I said (I have nothing BUT negatives with eBuyer) "We have checked and its a 653" I asked again, and same.

It arrived Friday....a 633.

I went ballistic.

Of course they do nothing over the weekend. This morning I was told to send it back myself, it cost £4.41 - I got back home and an email saying "When do you want it picked up" then another saying "We might not have any 653's left by the time yours gets here.

I would like to have the chance to grab these Sheffield based people by the throat, I really would. The dispatch in paticular, who I blame for this. Not just me either. Whoever did as I did and asked paticularly for a 653 seemed to get a 633, if you didn't care, you got a 653.

Edited by PhilK5

According to best buy UK they won't price match with ebuyer, here is the email I got from them today

Thank you for your email.

Best Buy's price promise covers any item that is in stock in any UK store or their website. However, Best Buy do not price match against companies that are only based online, with the exception of Dixons and Amazon, the latter providing the item is sold and dispatched from Amazon directly.

Based on the above, Best Buy would not price match against ebuyer.com as they are an online based company.

Kind Regards

Andrew Conway

Best Buy Customer Services

I was going to pop down to closest best buy store and pick 1 up if they would match ebuyer's price but not sure right now. I've had a play with a Advent Vega and liked it so I was wondering is the Hannspad anything like the Vega?

Edited by FC360

UPDATE!: I have received my new HANNSpad from Ebuyer Express from EBay and IT IS a SN10T130R1653!

Now I am happy!

Hope to get the refund, from the returned item, then I will be VERY happy! :D

But I did put on the notes when I bought from ebay that I want it to be a 1653 version and NOT 1633. Hope that helped.

Most of us DID put that we wanted a 653 not a 633 - an overwhelming majority of us got the 633 though.

Their MD sorted the lazy B****'s out though and FORCED them to seperate the 653's from the 633's.

I'm expecting my replacement tomorrow. Still suspicious that it'll be another 633, or dead pixels, knowing how petulant and spiteful the eBuyer shopfloor ....types.....are like.

Sheffield. What else can you expect ?

• 4 weeks later...