Unlocking The Orange Monte Carlo

Guest lordjubblydave

Guest dadashi

I bought my OMC from a local Orange shop where I had told the salesperson to put one aside at the next delivery. I managed to get one from him some days later. They're being sold before they hit the shelves straight from the back of the shop...

Anyway my OMC was marked for contract, not pay as you go. The kind sales person stuck a pay-go sticker over the contract sticker on the OMC box and sold it with the usuall compulsary £10 top-up fee... He transfered my old Orange sim number from my OSF purchase last year onto the new pay-go sim...

So I seriously thought I might have an unlocked contract OMC....alas no, it's sim locked.....

Does anyone have an a free telephone numder to Orange costumer service, I might be able to wrangle the simlock code seeing as it was supposed to be a contract phone...

Guest wrtease

well avoid them as i had tried them and they couldnt even get the correct code .they refunded me back.they are hopeless.tottally...lessons learned wait for it to happen here is the word.

well avoid them as i had tried them and they couldnt even get the correct code .they refunded me back.they are hopeless.tottally...lessons learned wait for it to happen here is the word.

But you try to get the OMC sim unlock or with other phone? As I read they try to get the code and if they cant get you the correct code they'll refund your money back.

Guest dadashi

I wouldnt just hand out my imei number over the net without knowing for sure the unlock would work...you never know it might get black listed or used for something...

Guest wrtease

ive learned not to trust those sites anymore .il just wait .got all the time in the world .waited this long why not.someone will find a way soon.and yes it was for the OMC .WHAT A WASTE OF TIME.

ive learned not to trust those sites anymore .il just wait .got all the time in the world .waited this long why not.someone will find a way soon.and yes it was for the OMC .WHAT A WASTE OF TIME.

Ok. Thanks for your opinion

to be honest i dont think anyone other than zte know the unlock codes as they apparently have random numbers entered in them to stop any kind of algorithm been made...

i would just avoid all them sites and wait for an unlock from here or orange (3 month £20) its the safest way.

Guest dadashi

When I try a different sim I get the request for:

"SIM network unlock PIN"

I think it means its not just sim locked, it's hardware locked to Orange...in which case Orange is responsible

Edited by dadashi

Can these converted into more readable versions :) This smali output is not easy to get the hang of. Still with my limited understanding, in QcNvItemTypes$NvLockCodeType in method public getLockCode() it appears that some sort of indirect references are being used to fetch some values from memory to put together a code...

If there is a deodexed version of the ROM somewhere you could use dex2jar and jd-gui and get quite readable code.

I'm just not successful in deodexing it right now -.-

When I try a different sim I get the request for:

"SIM network unlock PIN"

I think it means its not just sim locked, it's hardware locked to Orange...in which case Orange is responsible

surly orange would not say 10 to 15 days if they had the codes....

Well I'm going to receive my OMC tomorrow.

I'have been searching a way to unlock the OMC and I didn't found any way. Then I want to help to find a way to do it, I'm informatic engineer but I don't know how to find any clue. If anybody can help me to start to search I would appreciate it.

Guest stiefanu

Hi community.

Unlockallcellular.com has just emailed me this:

Dear customer:

Your code was not found in the database.

Unfortunately, the unlock code for your mobile phone could not be calculated or NOT Available. Therefore, we will refund to your original form of payment either thru Paypal or Credit Card. The refund will process within 72 hours. If you did not receives your refund within 72...

>.<

Guest sid8001

I applied on the 27th August and was told to top up, i have recieved nothing as yet

did any of the other people in here who contacted orange for unlock code actually get one ?

Guest dadashi

Since I cant use the OMC with my sim, I've boxed and stuck it away untill an unlock comes along. If that doesn't happen in the next few weeks I'm going to sell it on ebay....

or sell it after I unlock it seeing as its just been sat doing nothing...

silly buying it and not being able to use it, I was sure it would unlock like the OSF from last year...

Edited by dadashi

Since I cant use the OMC with my sim, I've boxed and stuck it away untill an unlock comes along. If that doesn't happen in the next few weeks I'm going to sell it on ebay....

or sell it after I unlock it seeing as its just been sat doing nothing...

silly buying it and not being able to use it, I was sure it would unlock like the OSF from last year...

exactally wot i have been thinking, sad.gif

I phoned Orange yesterday and told them I was seriously going to sell my phone if I couldn't unlock it soon....they told me company policy says they can only give the unlock codes three months after the sale, no top ups or £20 credit or anything like that required..just proof I've had it more than three months...

.... they will then contact the Manufacturer, ZTE in our case and be supplied with the unlock code for that particular IMEI from ZTE directly....then they'll forward that to the costumer...

Edited by dadashi

I phoned Orange yesterday and told them I was seriously going to sell my phone if I couldn't unlock it soon....they told me company policy says they can only give the unlock codes three months after the sale, no top ups or £20 credit or anything like that required..just proof I've had it more than three months...

.... they will then contact the Manufacturer, ZTE in our case and be supplied with the unlock code for that particular IMEI from ZTE directly....then they'll forward that to the costumer...

I don't think Orange would give a damn if you sold the phone or not its still an Orange phone so wouldn't make any difference to them.

they will when nobody buys the phone because of there stupid 3 month policy, i mean are orange seriously thick as s***.... do they really think the OSF done so well because orange are that good of a network lol i think %75 of sales were unlocked and gone from orange forever. laugh.gif