09 Aug: Superboot - root access for the ZTE Skate

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Johnny Hung

NO, my battery is working perfect im sure there is nothing wrong with my battery !

I provide the image.bin that I had already include the cwm-recovery , and rooted, its base on cm7 for skate.

you could to recovery your phone ,first . and then change other ROM ,if you want to do.

the download link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JY70Z8XU

download and then extract it ! put the image.bin to the path /image of sdcard.

hold the "vol up + menu" button and then press the power button together.

your phone will into T-Card flash system to recovery your system!

First time booting will take around 5~6 min .

After booting and initialize finished, your could into the recovery mode for flash other version ROM !

Anyway, this rule is Official rule for upgrade the system, so I think to recovery your phone should be no problem !!

Try it !! and Good Luck~

Guest waqar 786

I provide the image.bin that I had already include the cwm-recovery , and rooted, its base on cm7 for skate.

you could to recovery your phone ,first . and then change other ROM ,if you want to do.

After booting and initialize finished, your could into the recovery mode for flash other version ROM !

Anyway, this rule is Official rule for upgrade the system, so I think to recovery your phone should be no problem !!

Try it !! and Good Luck~

Thanks ill give it a try !! and then ill let u no !rolleyes.gif

Guest waqar 786

Try it !! and Good Luck~

and one more thing as im new to this upgrading stuff can u teach me how 2 do all that i mean do i have to connect the usb cable in and next........ ?? Can u give me a short tutorial plz huh.gif

THANK YOU !rolleyes.gif

Guest Johnny Hung

and one more thing as im new to this upgrading stuff can u teach me how 2 do all that i mean do i have to connect the usb cable in and next........ ?? Can u give me a short tutorial plz huh.gif

THANK YOU !rolleyes.gif

Its very easy rule to recovery your phone

1. download the image.bin

2. copy to the path /image/ of sdcard (if phone can't boot, your should put the card to card reader )

3. install the sdcard

4. install the battery

5. hold the vol up + menu button and then press power button

6. phone auto into the card flash system ,..

7. just waiting

8. phone auto reboot

9. system will starting......

Guest waqar 786

Its very easy rule to recovery your phone

1. download the image.bin

2. copy to the path /image/ of sdcard (if phone can't boot, your should put the card to card reader )

3. install the sdcard

4. install the battery

5. hold the vol up + menu button and then press power button

6. phone auto into the card flash system ,..

7. just waiting

8. phone auto reboot

9. system will starting......

Thank u VERY MUCH FOR UR TIME !! rolleyes.gif i jus wanted to ask u that what if i dont have the "image" folder in my sd card ??? Do i create one my self or what ?? i only hav these folders in my sd card :

1..android_secure

2..dataviz

3.Android

4.LOST.DIR

5.Playlists

These are all the folders i have ! and yeh as i mentioned before when i turn my phone on its jus the blank screen nothing else will this fix it ???

Guest Johnny Hung

Thank u VERY MUCH FOR UR TIME !! rolleyes.gif i jus wanted to ask u that what if i dont have the "image" folder in my sd card ??? Do i create one my self or what ?? i only hav these folders in my sd card :

1..android_secure

2..dataviz

3.Android

4.LOST.DIR

5.Playlists

These are all the folders i have ! and yeh as i mentioned before when i turn my phone on its jus the blank screen nothing else will this fix it ???

That's right! please create the folder by yourself ! and put the image.bin into this folder !

Guest waqar 786

That's right! please create the folder by yourself ! and put the image.bin into this folder !

I did as u guided me 2 do..... but No, its still the same sad.gif ........ i created a new folder in my sd card and named it "image" n then i dragged the image.bin file to it and then Volume up+menu+power ...... theres only a blank screen but the red LED remained on through out i waited 30mins but still the LED was on and screen was totally blank sad.gifsad.gif

Guest waqar 786

I did as u guided me 2 do..... but No, its still the same sad.gif ........ i created a new folder in my sd card and named it "image" n then i dragged the image.bin file to it and then Volume up+menu+power ...... theres only a blank screen but the red LED remained on through out i waited 30mins but still the LED was on and screen was totally blank sad.gifsad.gif and yeah one more thing when i normally start the phone up still the screen is blank and LED is one for about 2sec and as soon as the LED goes off i hear a tiny click sound from the back side of the phone its not coming from any speaker or anything like that and i can even feel it its no vibration jus a "tik" sound .. is that normal ???

Guest waqar 786

and yeah one more thing when i normally start the phone up still the screen is blank and LED is one for about 2sec and as soon as the LED goes off i hear a tiny click sound from the back side of the phone its not coming from any speaker or anything like that and i can even feel it its no vibration jus a "tik" sound .. is that normal ???

Guest Johnny Hung

and yeah one more thing when i normally start the phone up still the screen is blank and LED is one for about 2sec and as soon as the LED goes off i hear a tiny click sound from the back side of the phone its not coming from any speaker or anything like that and i can even feel it its no vibration jus a "tik" sound .. is that normal ???

Hold VOL UP+ MENU , and then press power (After into T-Card flash system, release the key)

Normally, it should be fast into T-Card flash system !!

Guest waqar 786

Hold VOL UP+ MENU , and then press power (After into T-Card flash system, release the key)

Normally, it should be fast into T-Card flash system !!

Yeah i did the same but still the same result.... no matter how long i keep hold of the buttons but its the same no response !!

Guest jamarita

hi

i have a spanish movistar zte skate with 2.3.5

i make it work with blade drivers found before in this forum

thanks a lot to all

you can get them from the android sdk here http://developer.and.../sdk/index.html download the .zip extract it to desk top (easier to find) then run the sdk manager .exe

cancel the choose packages to install pop up.

click on available packages / then open third party tab / then the google inc tab / then select google usb driver package.

then press install selected.

when its finished the drivers will be in the folder where you extracted the android sdk

under--> android-sdk-windows /extras /google /usb_driver

now how to install the google usb drivers from the android sdk

uninstall the - handset_usb_driver.exe - that is installed from the phone before starting.........

when you plug the phone in and it pops up to reinstall the .exe just close it, go to my computer right click it and safely remove so it disappears.

this will work using vista / XP

make sure usb debugging is turned on ----- on your phone.

follow the superboot guide until you get to the point where it says waiting for device and phone stops at green android logo. leave it like that and continue below

now press start & right click on my computer or computer witch ever yours says then click manage.

select device manager.

now under other devices it should say androidphone double click the androidphone then the driver tab & open update driver.

select browse my computer for driver software.

use the ---- browse for driver software ---- to direct it to the usb_driver folder from the android sdk.

then underneath click let me pick from a list of driver devices on my computer.

the box will be empty so press have disc.

now select the drive you have the android sdk installed on for me it woz C:\

now direct it threw the android sdk to the usb_driver folder.

for me it woz ----> android-sdk-windows / extras / google / usb_driver

open the usb_driver folder & select the android_winusb.inf press ok then next.

windows will give some warning saying if you want to proceed just ignore it & press yes and install.

now there might be two androidphone devices in device manager (one under the other) disable the one that has the yellow triangle next to it by right clicking then pressing disable.

soon as you do that the process should continue and the phone will reboot after a minute or two and should be rooted.

if not, run the superboot process again and it should work.

when your rooted & have clockwork you can reinstall the handset_drivers.exe from the phone, and will not need do this procedure again as the androidphone drivers are now installed. smile.gif

Edited by jamarita

Guest sainteedean

For Android 2.3.4 only!

Don't try this instructions on a phone with an other Androidversion, it will bootloop.

Don't waste your time messing around with drivers for Windows xxx. If it doesn't work for you under Windows, just do as described here.

None of the previously posted procedures worked for me but this way it worked flawlessly (Stock Staraddict)

Step-by-step HowTo install Superboot for everyone (with LINUX)

No need to install any driver for whatever. No need to install LINUX.

This should work with any LINUX (preinstall or boot from CD or USB pen-drive).

- Activate USB-Debugging on your phone (as described in a previous post)

- Turn off (remove the battery once turned off) and unplug your phone

- Start the LINUX distribution of your choice

- Download Superboot from post #1

- Unpack the downloaded file (right-click and select unpack here) and remember the path where you did unpack it to

- Open a terminal (command box)

- Enter sudo su to become root (1)

- Enter your password (2)

- Change to the directory where you unpacked Superboot to ( cd ~/Downloads/r2-OUK_P743TV1.0.0B05-skate-superboot/ in my case)

- Enter the following command to start the Superboot-script: ./install-superboot-linux.sh (3)

- Wait until the daemon has started. You should see the message: < waiting for device >

- Plug your phone onto an USB-port of your computer

- Place the battery into your phone

- Switch your phone on by pressing simultaneously [Vol-] + [Home] + [Power] (4)

- As soon as you feel your phone vibrating, release (only) the Power-button

- Keep [Vol-] and [Home] pressed until you see the green Android

- As soon as you release the two buttons, you should see the following message on the screen: sending 'boot'

- A few seconds later, the following message should appear on your screen: rebooting...

- Your phone should restart

- After your phone has restarted, you should find the App Superuser on your phone

You're done!

1Some distributions don't like the sudo command. If sudo su doesn't work for you, just enter su (without sudo )

2If you had to enter su (without sudo), you will need to enter the root password here

3This command will not work without the dot ( . ) preceding the slash

4 For Staraddict only: Since the buttons Home and Menu are inverted on the Staraddict, you must press the Menu-button instead of the Home-button

(Did i ever mention that I love LINUX?)

Any comments and/or suggestions are welcome.

Any idea why when I enter ./install-superboot-linux.sh i get a message 'No such file or directory'? this is really starting to annoy me, i cant get it to root no matter what method I try!

Guest Chris_67

Seems like you are not in the right directory.

Try:

- Change to the directory where you unpacked Superboot to ( cd ~/Downloads/r2-OUK_P743TV1.0.0B05-skate-superboot/ in my case)

then ./install-superboot-linux.sh

Guest sainteedean

Seems like you are not in the right directory.

Try:

then ./install-superboot-linux.sh

Thanks alot for that, ive got it working now

Huh, I installed the ZTE drivers that came with the phone on the usb disk, the computer then saw it as adb interface. I ran the bat file and now the phone is sitting at flash recovery clockworkmod.img <waiting for device> and the phone is stuck at the android logo. Did I do something wrong? I'm not sure whether it's safe to unplug or not,.

Guest tilal6991

Huh, I installed the ZTE drivers that came with the phone on the usb disk, the computer then saw it as adb interface. I ran the bat file and now the phone is sitting at flash recovery clockworkmod.img <waiting for device> and the phone is stuck at the android logo. Did I do something wrong? I'm not sure whether it's safe to unplug or not,.

Safe to unplug - look on the CWM thread for drivers or my unlocking tutorial thread.

Safe to unplug - look on the CWM thread for drivers or my unlocking tutorial thread.

I installed those very drivers along with the ones which come with the Android SDK, Both allow this to reboot the phone, but then device manager sees a device called 'android' and it has no drivers.

What should I do? Thanks for your help :D