19 Aug Gr5 XXKH3: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II (stock-style/vanilla) with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Due to the fact that Paul hasn't visited this discussion since september 6 (his first and only post after the GR5 release on august 19) and none of the recent questions have been answered, I think this moment has come:

(from the first post) "By providing this ROM I am not implying in any way that future updates will follow. Due to limits on my time and the fact that I have a large number of devices for short periods of time, it isn't possible for me to continue providing ROM updates indefinitely"

Indeed. Wished that was because of holidays... but at this point, looks like the time has come :)

I want to keep this rom, but I need just two things fixed:

- the market that shows no download button near some apps.

- Home button wake up lag fix

Does someone have a solution?

Guest donatinho

He may just be working hard with his job and doesn't have time for Modaco romming

I tend to think he's still developing for sgs2. First all all , since he posted here what we would have liked for gr6, would be quite surprising to quit developing all of a sudden.

Second, although he's not promising endless development, I suppose he would drop a few lines saying sorry, end of support for this phone, khave a nice day.

Guest Junior Bear

Browser brightness to be same as device brightness has to be done! more power options in the power menu. And maybe a switchpro like power bar house notification area?

Guest WearTheFoxHat

I tend to think he's still developing for sgs2. First all all , since he posted here what we would have liked for gr6, would be quite surprising to quit developing all of a sudden.

Second, although he's not promising endless development, I suppose he would drop a few lines saying sorry, end of support for this phone, khave a nice day.

I agree, generally Paul does state when he's sold his devices and thus unable to support them further. For instance he no longer supports his Xoom mods, since he's sold his Xoom, and because of that he posted on XDA devs to state "end of support".

Edit: Didn't see Paul had replied ! DOH!!!

Guest WearTheFoxHat

Well last night I finally bit the bullet and installed GR5. Loving it!

Minor bugs:

Google clock, causes the alarm config page to FC whenever setting an alarm. No biggie, as once it's configured, it's ok.

Also having "issues" with Wavesecure. I'd burned it into the rom, and won't let me register a new device. ... still trying to suss that out.

Other than that, nice snappy rom; with newer features like the new app store; google talk for nexus s (with video); etc.

Woohoo!

What can we expected in Gr6?

It will contain XWKI4 update :)

on XDA paulobrien wrote:

Yes, I was planning to wait for XWKI4...

P

Edited by BoneMaa

KI4 comes with a very awful kinda bold default font. Paul, could you include the old default font in a future update to KI4? Thx.

Does it? Ewwww. I'll definitely look at 'optionalising' that. :D

P

Does it? Ewwww. I'll definitely look at 'optionalising' that. :D

P

or maybe we can just backup /system/fonts folder and restore it after Gr6 flashing.

Edited by BoneMaa

Guest JamieTom

Hi - I am new to MoDaCo rom and SGS2 custom rom's although I have rooted my SGS2 with CF-Root and flashed a frankenstein rom . The phone now has the CWM app in the app drawer. Can I use the CWM app to flash the update.zip from MoDaCo kitchen rom or should I reboot into recovery and will the CWM app still be on the phone after I flash to the MoDaCo rom?

TIA,

JamieTom

Guest donatinho

Hi - I am new to MoDaCo rom and SGS2 custom rom's although I have rooted my SGS2 with CF-Root and flashed a frankenstein rom . The phone now has the CWM app in the app drawer. Can I use the CWM app to flash the update.zip from MoDaCo kitchen rom or should I reboot into recovery and will the CWM app still be on the phone after I flash to the MoDaCo rom?

TIA,

JamieTom

I personally would reboot in recovery, do a full wipe including dalvik cache, and then install a new rom.

A test free kitchen is now up for Gr5 here!

Gr6 is still on the way, i'm actively developing it now (along with the O2X ROM).

GSII is still my device of choice. :D

P

how does the work continue ?? :)

Just baked a ROM without Swype in with the intention of installing the Swype beta - I've installed it but it's FCing whenever I get near it, is there something I missed?

EDIT: Spoke too soon - restart, uninstall, restart, install and enable seems to have it working. Not sure which was the crucial bit.

Edited by gumbald

Guest prusling

Paul, it would be great if you could include the ability to change the auto-brightness levels; I find auto is always too bright so have to use Screen Filter.

Thanks for all your work.