19 Aug Gr5 XXKH3: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II (stock-style/vanilla) with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest mynameisjon

Some ROMs allow you to disable 3G. This would be a great feature to save battery life. (I'd try to trigger it with Locale)

I believe that it's a limitation of the current builds of non-AOSP android. Which ROMs do you refer to because IIRC only AOSP roms are able to implement such an option (I presume you refer to a 3G/2G switch).

Some ROMs allow you to disable 3G. This would be a great feature to save battery life. (I'd try to trigger it with Locale)

From Pauls Twitter feed it appears that he's planning on building that in to his next ROM, but with the battery drain still present on the latest firmware, not sure when we will see it.

I had battery drain on ki3 but after wiping baterry stats and a few recharges everything is back to normal. After 20 hours of not too extensive usage (wifi enabled for 7 hours, gps for 15 minutes, voice talk for 20 and half an hour of web browsing I still have 70% of battery.XXKI3 is officialy available in KIES so it was rather well tested by Samsung.

Guest donatinho

What's with the slow and often unresponsive market? Is it an issue with the rom, or the new market in general? Anything I can do about it?

I am experiencing the same slowdown with several roms,. including AOSP roms like oygen or CM7, which are actually based on Android 2.3.7, so i tend to think it's due to market itself. ATM I am solving the issue using the webpage instead of the app itself.

Guest Coilfan

I am experiencing the same slowdown with several roms,. including AOSP roms like oygen or CM7, which are actually based on Android 2.3.7, so i tend to think it's due to market itself. ATM I am solving the issue using the webpage instead of the app itself.

I have done the same tests, and saw the same Market delay, besides the annoying small icons and small typeface in Market.

Guest Alkymia

poor ppl, change ur roms, here u gonna get no updates at all, almost 2 months later and Paul didnt even wrote here more than once , keep waiting for updates :)

Guest declanc

poor ppl, change ur roms, here u gonna get no updates at all, almost 2 months later and Paul didnt even wrote here more than once , keep waiting for updates :)

And you expect what exactly ? Paul is doing a wonderful job on so many different devices. You expect personal service ?

Jeeessshhh !

Guest kayceejayh

Well if you could point everyone in the direction of a stock ROM that has a kitchen, doesn't have a horrid theme and doesn't eat your battery I'm sure we'd be all ears..

I tried Leomar the other day. The kitchen app was nice and slick but I seemed to have issues applying some of the mods, e.g. 5 Dock Touchwiz. Also I chose no Samsung apps yet Samsung Email app plus others was still there.

I prefer my ROMS to be stripped and minimal allowing me to add tweaks and mods myself, which is why I chose GR5.

Hi when trying to install via cwm and select update from zip. it says error no such file exist.

Edit: used cwm manager and that worked :)

Edited by moler

And you expect what exactly ? Paul is doing a wonderful job on so many different devices. You expect personal service ?

Jeeessshhh !

That is true, but he is running Gr6 himself. Im about to give up waiting and switch to another ROM. I doubt ill renew my Adfree sub Hes is doing a good job, but i cant justify spending £10 on 1 ROM.