CyanogenMod 7 for ZTE Skate (Updated 06/01!!)

Guest tilal6991

Guest donk165

New update coming tomorrow morning in a new dedicated thread. My latest build looks to be fully functional and having really good battery life.

That's awesome, looking forward to updating, is it using your S3 kernel?

New update coming tomorrow morning in a new dedicated thread. My latest build looks to be fully functional and having really good battery life.

Good news! I've found tilals current build very stable, so improvements on that will be great :-)

Guest C3C0

It's the latest repo sync. Smooth and stable. Just about to test the GPS and it's ready to go if OK.

Contains S3 kernel by default.

Edited by C3C0

Guest C3C0

I tried compass and works OK. Also orientation in satnav (Sygic) is perfect.

Google Sky behaves odd, though. For unknown reason.

Guest C3C0

I did some thorough compass tests and I am sad to report that the issue is still there.

There are 2 groups of apps:

1) Smart ones that are able to display the correct orientation in case sensor daemon gives wierd data

2) Normal apps that rely just on data received without analyzing if they are really OK

I will try to fix it...

Guest C3C0

No luck with compass so far. Do you want the rom anyway? I couldn't test Google maps navigation since it's not supported in my country. Sygic works perfectly, though.

Guest WiiSky70

Yes i want the 7.2 Latest RC cuz it will run fine and more stable than tilal last build and i tested in my Blade so no worries i think.

But why the compass doesn't want to work?

Guest C3C0

It works but partially. That means some apps that use compass run fine, some not. E.g. there may be an issue when Google maps navigation shows that you're going the opposite direction. I use sygic and this one hasn't problem at all. Works a treat also for by-feet navigation when it correctly shows what direction you are facing.

• 3 months later...
Guest silver01

I have the zte stock rom of android on my phone (2.3.5) and want to upgrade to 2.3.7 or even ICS. There is a really good simple step by step guide to doing similar on the orange san francisco (zte blade) but I can't find a similar idiots guide to do this on the skate. Can anyone help please?

Thanks

Guest omegavesko
I have the zte stock rom of android on my phone (2.3.5) and want to upgrade to 2.3.7 or even ICS. There is a really good simple step by step guide to doing similar on the orange san francisco (zte blade) but I can't find a similar idiots guide to do this on the skate. Can anyone help please?

Thanks

The one pinned to the top of the forum is pretty simple, though I'm not sure if it covers flashing ROMs specifically. Anyway, follow that guide and come back if you have any questions.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest silver01

Hi there. I'm having proximity sensor issues with CM 9 so wanted to go back to CM 7. Is it just a case of reinstalling the cm7-06012012.zip? Is there anything else I shopuld do first?

Thanks

Guest razzmataz1478
Hi there. I'm having proximity sensor issues with CM 9 so wanted to go back to CM 7. Is it just a case of reinstalling the cm7-06012012.zip? Is there anything else I shopuld do first?

Thanks

Format data, system,boot

Guest omegavesko

Thanks

Wipe data, advanced > wipe dalvik cache, format /system. Then flash the CM7 zip again.

Guest poludeli_kaktus

... and you should know that this one is pretty outdated. There's a newer one in my signature.

Or you could also try official cm night lies

Http://get.cm

What gapps go with mentioned official cm?

Edited by poludeli_kaktus

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Thank you Tilal6991 now i can download and install the Cyanogenmod 7 in peace, the Ceco final version has a very bad link from goo.im and i can't download it, at least it seems to be a stable version, also i will try if s3 kernel is working.