10 Nov 3.48.405.1 - Installing Honeycomb on your Flyer - the complete guide

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest rbebber

ok here is my issue:

followed the hc flashing instructions, , flashed all until the htc unlocker, wouldnt let me hit yes with the power button, can get to fastbook and bootloader.

tried to run the sprint ruu from the sticky, but it gives a bootloader version error, now i am stuck, any ideas? i am still able to fastboot and bootloader it.

hboot 1.11.006

radio 1.05.11.0531

usa sprint view 32gb

Guest CortezProductions

So I am in revolutionary CWM c4.0.1.4 and pushed stock-hc-flyer-hboot_1.11.0006.nb0 with no problems but when I get into shell then run

'dd if=/Users/curtismclaws/Desktop/HC/stock-hc-flyer-hboot_1.11.0006.nb0 of=/dev/block/mmclbk0p18'

I get the error

'dd: can't open '/Users/curtismclaws/Desktop/HC/stock-hc-flyer-hboot_1.11.0006.nb0': No such file or directory'

Running Mac OSX Lion and everything up till now worked.

HTC Flyer 16GB Wifi

I'm almost there and am just wondering how to get through this point. NOTE this is the same location I used to push my file over and it did it with no problems.

Guest ItWorksOnMyMachine

Generally the instructions were top notch. I might adjust them a bit like this:

• You are now in a state where you must unlock the bootloader using the HTC tools - visit http://www.htcdev.com/bootloader/ and follow the instructions (Flyer compatability isn't listed, but it'll work)
  • Run adb reboot bootloader after unlocking via the previous setp. If you don't you will find yourself in a continual boot loop
  • Flash your device's recovery with the patched-to-work-with-new-hboot revolutionary recovery - 'fastboot flash recovery revolutionary-cwm-4.0.1.4-flyer.newhboot.img'
  • Launch ClockworkMod recovery - navigate to the 'bootloader' menu then select 'recovery'
  • Flash the Honeycomb system zip by copying / pushing to sdcard (adb shell mount /sdcard && adb push stock-hc-flyer-system.zip /sdcard/). Be patient, it takes a while to get the file unto your sdcard.
  • Then using the on screen menus, erase data / cache using the on screen menus
  • Reboot the device and you should be done!

Ok, so I missed this post and the part about running adb reboot bootloader after unlocking from htcdev would have been useful... So now I'm in a bootloop. Is my only recourse to wait until the battery dies?

Ok, so I missed this post and the part about running adb reboot bootloader after unlocking from htcdev would have been useful... So now I'm in a bootloop. Is my only recourse to wait until the battery dies?

I got stuck in the bootloop too. If you haven't already, I think what I did was just keep pressing the power button until it powered off. Then, I went into the bootloader by turning it on while pressing the volume down button, then continue from there.

I'm still sort of a noob, though I've had previous rooting and adb experience with the nook color. I did read this entire thread, plus the one on xda before I jumped into this because I had the US WIFI 16gb flyer, and I knew there would be no turning back once I got started. I'm glad I made it out alive.

Guest ItWorksOnMyMachine

I got stuck in the bootloop too. If you haven't already, I think what I did was just keep pressing the power button until it powered off. Then, I went into the bootloader by turning it on while pressing the volume down button, then continue from there.

I'm still sort of a noob, though I've had previous rooting and adb experience with the nook color. I did read this entire thread, plus the one on xda before I jumped into this because I had the US WIFI 16gb flyer, and I knew there would be no turning back once I got started. I'm glad I made it out alive.

Do you have the Best Buy Flyer? That's what I have. You followed this guide step for step? I ended up getting out of the bootloop and finished flashing everything but when I rebooted it went back into a bootloop. I'm going to flash the European WiFi RUU since there's no RUU for the Best Buy version. I've read several posts that say it works. Then I'll start over again.

Guest liyakhatalikhan

Everyone with HTC Flyer Bestbuy Wifi only version and stuck with boot logo issue, this is what i found out.

You need to have an SD card in your flyer. Insert an SD card, copy the zip file using the move method, install the zip file from sd card from recovery list, clean the cache and reboot.!!more questions

[email protected]

Dears,

Today, I've managed to make the HC update.

Until the HTCDEV part, everything went ok, I didn't get any issue.

But during unlock bootloader via HTCDEV, it didn't go as the website directed. When I entered "fastboot oem get_identifier_token", I got a msg like this:

"... INFO [ERR] Command error !!! OKAY [0.007s] finised. total time: 0.008s"

This wasn't normal according to HTCDEv web page, but I somehow went to the next step #15, 'fastboot flash recovery revolutionary-cwm-4.0.1.4-flyer.newhboot.img', again everything seemd ok.

Nest step, clockwork mode - recovery THIS IS WHERE I GOT STUCK. When I "click" recovery on bootloader screen it goes to HTC screen and stuck there. I can get back to bootloader screen again by pushing power button long and then vol down - power; but I can no longer continue to CWM, therefore can't flash honeycomb syetem.zip.

When power down and vol-down+power to access bootloader menu, switching between fastboot and bootloader, there's a quick screen (it passes so quick that I couldn't figure out completely) where it says PG41IMG.zip not found.

So what do you suggest? What's that PG41IMG.zip? Can I continue further or shall I roll back to GB 2.3.4? If so, what's the best way to do it?

Many thanks.

Ok, at least manage to resurrect the device to 2.3.3

I downloaded the PG41IMG.zip, transferred to the root of the MicroSD card and booted. At the bootloader screen, this time it installed the filen and then later asked me if I wanted to update. Said "yes" with vol- and it updated the system after 5-6 mins.

As the installation ended, device opened but with 2.3.3 (Previous fw was Turkish ROM with 2.3.4 and with this 2.3.3, Turkish language was available only for Germany, Austria and Switzerland and not for Turkey.

Anyway, it is working now as a brand new EU device :)

Now I think I have to repeat all the steps again.

By the way, your comments are highly appreciated not to face similar problems.

EDIT:

* Now the baseband has been changed to 20.3501 from 20.3504

* Recovery mode completely gone, cannot enter to CWM

* Still S-off

* Hboot became 6.10.1002 from 1.11.1003 and cannot get back to old one

I tried to re-install HC, but this time failed in radio writing, stuck there. Any idea how to re-install? How to get back to old HBOOT?

EDIT-2:

* Used RUU_Flyer_HTC_WWE_2.23.405.3_R_Radio_20.3504.30.089BU_3809.07.04.06_M_release_204108_signed if anything could revert back but only updated to 2.3.4

* HBOOT same and still cannot go recovery (first a phone icone with green arrows appear than a phone icon with red exclamation sign shows up), no recovery or CWM, so cannot go anything other.

Edited by kego

thank's paul, i follow yout step and now my flyer success runing with honeycomb, but ihave little problem in here..

how i can s-off and root my flyer ? :(

thank;s and regards.. :D

Guest BrumBrum74

Now updated to 3.41.405.1!

Note that you WILL need to roll back to Gingerbread (details in first post) to install the new version, sorry!

P

So we have to go back to GB and do all the stress again? :) I remember how I struggled last time :)

Note that you WILL need to roll back to Gingerbread (details in first post) to install the new version, sorry!

P

what fun........... ;-)

Guest barry99705

P

So there's no way for the Best Buy Flyer users to get the latest Honeycomb???

Guest Tarin Paul

Can anyone provide mirror download link for file 'stock-hc-flyer-system-3.41.405.1.zip'?

I can't download pass 3% since last night. I tried multiple times and it all fail..

Thank you

Tarin Paul.

Edited by Tarin Paul

I'm on the step where you need to unlock the bootloader, but the HTCdev.com page keeps saying that I'm not logged in even after putting my login in a number of times...

Guest Elfuente

People my htc flyer stucks in a bootloop after I tryd to roll back to Gingerbread. I have a wifi only. The flyer starts with fastboot and immediately reboots.

please I really need support to get the flyer work again.

The last step before the loop was "fastboot oem lock"

Edited by Elfuente

Guest Elfuente

After the step 15

"Flash your device's recovery with the patched-to-work-with-new-hboot revolutionary recovery - 'fastboot flash recovery revolutionary-cwm-4.0.1.4-flyer.hboot0010.img"

The flyer doesn´t boot anymore in recovery. I ca go to Bootloader or Fastboot. No adb possible. When I try normal boot, Fyler stucks in White Htc logo.

To run ruu for going back to GB is not possible because I get an Error "Battery less than 30%" after charging the fyer all night

please I need help guys.

thanks a lot

Guest ashyk36

is there a guide for dummies to do this? I've never done anything like this before but i am interested however the guide doesnt make any sense to me.

Thank you in advance

Guest jmboettger

MD5 of stock-hc-flyer-system-3.48.405.1.zip fails i always get A82F05D28BD4D02BF546A2144CBA8963 and not ae610dd4ee709c1122c3c55f056c8f42 is ist maybe not completely uploaded?

(Downloades 3 times and checked 3 times as well)

Thx Jakob

Edited by jmboettger

Guest Elfuente

Size of the Honeycomb stock-hc-flyer-system-3.48.405.1.zip is only 329,520 MB

in comparison with stock-hc-flyer-system-3.41.405.1.zip 491,597 MB

and isn´t there after step 18 in the instructions a step missing?

install zip from sd card?

thanks