[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest emicba126

Les dejo a disposición un archivo adjunto creado por mi para instalar Android en la Memoria Interna del Telefono (ya que muchos lo han pedido). Ademas en el archivo adjunto dejo a disposición algunas aplicaciones como RadioFM (no funciona ya que hay problema con los auriculares) y para calibrar la pantalla. Ante cualquier duda, estoy a su disposición.

Por el momento el manual solo esta en español

I leave available to an attachment created by me to install Android on the phone's internal memory (as many have asked). You leave the attachment available RadioFM some applications like (does not work and there is a problem with headphones) and to calibrate the screen. When in doubt, I am at your disposal.

Manual only spanish.

Translate by Google

Inst-Android.zip

Edited by emicba126

Guest 92omnia92

Hi all, and thanks to Devs.

I've install the CM beta 1, and it's very fast and looks beautiful.

I've this issue:

- when a call arrive, take a big delay before turn on the screen.

- when I set a new wallpaper, it's go out the screen, it's too big...How i resolve it?

Sorry for my bad english and thanks for the answer.

Guest saeedena

I have two problems:

1-Screen resolution in some games is wrong (objects is smaller than actual size).

For example: Doodle Jump, Free Running.

2-Headphone jack is not working.

Thanks.

Guest voyteckst

To Voyteck:

The new CyanogenMod for Omnia2 is great. Is it possible to have those changes done:

1. Support for App2SD - it's needed by many applications

2. Bugfix - headphones

3. WIFI - authorisation WPA2

Best regards

1. It should work and it ISN'T needed by apps.

2. Will be fixed.

3. IT'S working

Guest shoarmabakpao

On CyanogenMod Beta1 I never recive activation sms from apps like KakaoTalk and Viber. Do u have same problem ? Thnx for replay.

I did today recieve an activation SMS from making an acount at DigiD (for university)

It's just like receiving an normal SMS :S

Guest shoarmabakpao

Would there be an way to integrate a system that forces some apps not to run. For example: Whatsapp starts at boot. So I have to go into settings->Applications->Manage Applications->Whatsapp->Stop Now

I also found out that most apps I just launched once just stay open and cause slowdowns. This is because the system keeps it in memory. I played Angrybirds but yet Market+ Destinia (cool game) were on. I pressed it and it launched the game automaticly. This caused the games to slowdown. When I have everything killed (also services like Whatsapp) the games and applications run alot smoother. Also no force closes at LauncherPro if I keep doing this.

Guest nikkotsoi

Would there be an way to integrate a system that forces some apps not to run. For example: Whatsapp starts at boot. So I have to go into settings->Applications->Manage Applications->Whatsapp->Stop Now

I also found out that most apps I just launched once just stay open and cause slowdowns. This is because the system keeps it in memory. I played Angrybirds but yet Market+ Destinia (cool game) were on. I pressed it and it launched the game automaticly. This caused the games to slowdown. When I have everything killed (also services like Whatsapp) the games and applications run alot smoother. Also no force closes at LauncherPro if I keep doing this.

autostarts

Guest crusssader

continio to not see my storage ..... 5 fresh automatik installs... where is the mistake..?

whats wrong in my partition ..sd card ? my storage?

bouth are the same format with minitool

fat 32, primary ,4 k cluster....

where is mistke?

anybody help ?

Guest skunk 01

SD card or my storage installation? Mine 490-517 on my storage.

339 , the problem is with 3d and 2d.....

how to fix ?? all the game are unplayable....

Edited by skunk 01

Guest shoarmabakpao

339 , the problem is with 3d and 2d.....

how to fix ?? all the game are unplayable....

Well, I think it's because you did something wrong when installing it. I just did the stock auto sd card installer and then changed init.rc so it could recognize my internal storage. That's all I did =S

Just go ahead and go for an clean install on your SD card and see for yourself. And 339 is REALLY low :o

For cpu I get around 1350

3D:90-95

2D:138-144

i/o: somewhere around 800-900

ram:300-350

those are my scores

By the way: My little brother's LG GT540 hits around 3000 for CPU on his 600Mhz AMRv5 cpu!!!! He is using android 2.3.7 now. At Android 2.3.5 he also scored that much!

Edited by shoarmabakpao

Guest crusssader

Well, I think it's because you did something wrong when installing it. I just did the stock auto sd card installer and then changed init.rc so it could recognize my internal storage. That's all I did =S

Just go ahead and go for an clean install on your SD card and see for yourself. And 339 is REALLY low :o

those are my scores

By the way: My little brother's LG GT540 hits around 3000 for CPU on his 600Mhz AMRv5 cpu!!!! He is using android 2.3.7 now. At Android 2.3.5 he also scored that much!

exuse me man ....but how did you rekognize your internel storage? please need help

Guest voyteckst

those are my scores

Read before posting not true things... It has ARMv6 It's not about MHz speed of CPU, but also specific features of it.

Pleas stop posting in this thread things about Your "little brother's LG GT540". You make people confused.

CM6 beta1 works excellent, Thanks Devs!!!!

My camera is also working, no problem there.

One thing I found is that we have installed ES File Explorer, and I'm only able to see /sdcard, I can't access / or /storage, do I need to manually configure that?

Thanks.

Guest rom_omnia2

Just thinking....

What about try to apply Cyanogenmod performance improvements in beta 3 release?

I tried to apply some scripts (init.rd) from this release in beta 3, noticied some improvements but not as much as Cyanogenmod release. Maybe we have some big change at this kernel? If i use the old kernel to run Cyanogenmod, performance will drops a lot. But, so far, "we" don't have the kernel source to explore it.

I'm not pushing... just saying that, in a perfect world, we would have beta 3 release (that have every thing working) + Cyangenmod performance improvement.

Guest alabama20

Read before posting not true things... It has ARMv6 It's not about MHz speed of CPU, but also specific features of it.

Pleas stop posting in this thread things about Your "little brother's LG GT540". You make people confused.

Voyteckst has right and quadrant lies too, recently i bought a tablet with 1GHz ARM v11 processor and i get very low score in quadrant and in that tablet i have GingerBread and 256MB ram...

1. It should work and it ISN'T needed by apps.2. Will be fixed.3. IT'S working
First of all big thanks for CM1. It's awesome. I like it very smoth and fast. I couldn't install on my storage (internal one) but it was very easy on sd card(after wiped off old partitions and made a fat32 new one) I noticed an message while intalling " need to change etc/fstab" . I don't know what to change ? I wanted to install MEDSCAPE APP from market (which is entirely for sd card) and it said Installation fail . Eventually I installed a spare one extracted by ubuntu from Froyo beta 3 ,but didn't let me download the extra content needed.I couldn't also see my storage (internal one) What should I change in order to see it?

post-804980-0-92574500-1322594767_thumb.

post-804980-0-27740200-1322598788_thumb.

Edited by bf5

Guest crusssader

anybody help pls?

ok thank you for help ....apprishiate ....

i will waiting fully working reliise ..or by android phone ..thank you all for amazing help

devs great work

ok thank you for help ....apprishiate ....

i will waiting fully working reliise ..or by android phone ..thank you all for amazing help

devs great work

read the post , u may find something edit of init.rc like something..

Guest harrypotter222

Using it with class10 microSD, it seems faster than class6. But hasn't tested with class6 much since the 'upgrade'

Applied the chinese fonts, and the chinese characters display works now.

However, not sure about chinese keyboard input, if it is still related.

I installed a couple of additional keyboards from the market, but I still can't change any of them away from the default android keyboard.

It is a known bug?

Chainfire3d [root] can be installed directly from market now

Guest crusssader

read the post , u may find something edit of init.rc like something..

thank you ...a have read all posts ...and somethig missing ...

cant see init.rc

now instalig ABD ...

thak you again

Guest pes1313

Many thanks to you for what you are doing! :rolleyes: hope that the project will reach the nand flash in the future! it will be a second life for the omnia 2

p.s. sorry for my English is not my native language :)