[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest skunk 01

After 2 days :

Pro:

-Battery Drain

-UI

-Stability

Con:

-when i remove the sd and i plugged it in again , the SD it's unmountable and i've to restart

-Headphones

Guest cybergenie35

I just stumbled onto this android port. Didn't realize there was such a project even existed. I just downloaded CM Beta 1 and installed it. I'm pretty excited to see it working.

But I'm experiencing massive slow downs and a bit of a battery drain. Every Icon I click, it takes 3 - 4 seconds to start. Even the phone takes that long to come to the dial pad. What am I doing wrong? I used the auto install onto "My Storage" as instructed. From reading this thread, it looks like I might be the only one experiencing this issue?? Any hints would be great!! Thanks

for almost 48hrs only once

probably u have to many clicks and its overload

That is true . It happened to me the same as I was clicking too many times I saw that reboot.

I noticed another problem. I guess since the latest kernel update (After the zImage update from today, maybe also with CM6 b1) , my 3G is disconnected randomly, and the connection does not come back. Don't know if it's only with 3G or also happens with 2G. Anyone else having the same experience?

Will now return to wm JJ1 radio to see if this solves the problem with my carrier.

Guest alabama20

I noticed another problem. I guess since the latest kernel update (After the zImage update from today, maybe also with CM6 b1) , my 3G is disconnected randomly, and the connection does not come back. Don't know if it's only with 3G or also happens with 2G. Anyone else having the same experience?

Will now return to wm JJ1 radio to see if this solves the problem with my carrier.

For me is working both 2G and 3G... And I updated the kernel too...

For me is working both 2G and 3G... And I updated the kernel too...

3G is working in the beginning, but after a while suddenly the connection is lost. Guess it must be the radio image, since I didn't noticed this issue with b3 and the JJ1 image.

Guest RonLewis

time delay depend on launcher adw launcher little slow

i am using beta3 with beta 2 zimage less drain and more free ram

attached file include theme very fast also include clear ram fmr and taskiller and rootexplorer

Just wanted to state the new answer screen patch for CyanogenMod Beta1 works perfectly. No delay in answering calls anymore :)) and this is running from my SD card.

So now there only seems to be 3 issues remaining

1. Headphones not working

2. Battery charge not getting to 100%

3. Camera button not working

I wont include the timesync issue as you can simply set windows region to London, Dublin with your current date and time. Works perfectly for me.

Thanks Asider for your response in regards to Froyo Beta3. With this new release of CyanogenMod, I have to say, there is no going back to Froyo Beta 3 for me. CM Beta1 just seems to do leaps and bounds over Froyo Beta 3 and in so many ways. Speed, stability and even looks. It just goes great with the Omnia 2.

1 thing that did work really well for me in Froyo Beta3 was the camera button which does not work in CyanogenMod (but you can just use the widget ;))

often phone rebboot directly to android itself without any apparent reason.. someone noticed this issue ?

in 1 hour about 3x..

GPS is not working (also not in previous versions) , poor battery life

Camera works, and yes, it is fast!

hello at all,

first a big thanks for new cm6 b1.

i have a strange problem, if i do a call my screen went black and doesn't wake up after call...

only solution is to remove battery.

has anybody an idea?

Guest Kannan Ramaswamy

Hello there,

thank you for the post on automatic installation and after formatting the partitions as primary i got my sdcard installation done.

pleasant surprises galore and its my sdcard that shows as damaged and will try out mounting the local storage as suggested here

can u please point me as to how i can get things transfer from my storage to sdcard and install apps like i used to.

TIA

Kannan

Guest shockwavenl

omg...

i installed CM on internal storage. worked flawless.

only my sd card didnt work. so i cant take any pictures. i changed the thing in init.rc to the right one that gardakkan said.

then run haret.exe: Android does not boot. hangs on loading screen.

when i change init.rc back IT DOES THE VERY SAME THING?!??!??

can please someone help me?

or do i have to reinstall everything and all my apps again mad.gif?

Guest voyteckst

3G is working in the beginning, but after a while suddenly the connection is lost. Guess it must be the radio image, since I didn't noticed this issue with b3 and the JJ1 image.

Using JJ1 image disallow switching beetween 2g and 3g.

Guest akamel88

i want to thank devs alot for working on that great project we all have an o2 with a new life

i have a problem that my device got a locked gps , worked only with a gps fix installed on winmo

maybe if theres any way i can install or convert the .cab files that may solve the problem , thanks in advance

Guest s jithu

i install in 4 gb sd card but its show sd is 2.58 its ok but mystorage is just 527 mb y

my startup.txt is mmcblk0p2

Edited by s jithu

Just wanted to state the new answer screen patch for CyanogenMod Beta1 works perfectly. No delay in answering calls anymore :)) and this is running from my SD card.

So now there only seems to be 3 issues remaining

1. Headphones not working

2. Battery charge not getting to 100%

3. Camera button not working

I wont include the timesync issue as you can simply set windows region to London, Dublin with your current date and time. Works perfectly for me.

Thanks Asider for your response in regards to Froyo Beta3. With this new release of CyanogenMod, I have to say, there is no going back to Froyo Beta 3 for me. CM Beta1 just seems to do leaps and bounds over Froyo Beta 3 and in so many ways. Speed, stability and even looks. It just goes great with the Omnia 2.

1 thing that did work really well for me in Froyo Beta3 was the camera button which does not work in CyanogenMod (but you can just use the widget ;))

I agree with you :rolleyes:

Guest alaamac199

it works absolutely great .. and really fast .. HUGE thanks devs :-)

however I've noticed 2 issues ..

1. the device doesn't recognise headset (I think people have referred to that before)

2. I've installed 2 keyboards and enabled them in settings .. but I just cant change to them .. whenever I try to change them and press (input method) nothing happens ..

thanks again :-)

Guest PuCiNhOOO

I'm using the new release in offline mode, and it is draining my battery too fast! =0

I already have an N9, but want to keep the live in my Omnia2, and this is very bad, the battery has drained from full to empty in less than 8 hours with no usage..

Have I done something wrong?

Guest s jithu

i install auto for 2gb sd card ( i formatted mystorage primary fat32 include hidden part )

sd show 774 mb and internal memory show 0.98gb available 533 only

mystorage is total was 8333mb

mystartup.txt is k0p2 where im doing mistake

Edited by s jithu

Guest Collixsion

Can anyone help me please. I have this Error when I try to install android in my SD Card. It's a 4 gb Class 4, also I have another problem with another card like this. Both cards have the same gb amount and same class, but I how I said, I have two differents problems. Also both cards are new and before trying android I formated both cards that is normal when are new.

Problem 1:

"Error: The location 4194 is outside of the device /dev/block/mmcblk0

Creating ext4 and swap partitions.

EXT4 partition size: 1024 MB

Error: Can't have overlapping partitions.

tune2fs: No such file or directory while trying to open /dev/block/mmcblk0p

Couldn't find valid filesystem superblock.

Usage: e2fsck [-panyrcdfvtDFV] [-b superblock] [-B blocksize] (more things like this and after that..)

SWAP partition size 128 MB

End?"

Problem 2:

"Error: The location 4194 is outside of the device /devv/block/mmcblk0

Warning: You requested a partition from 1728 to 2752 MB.

The closest location we can manage is 2894 to 2894 MB.

Is this still acceptable to you?

Yes/No?"

And that's it... Maybe I will never be able to boot Android in my phone. Two differents cards and two differents problems.... Mybe is just my phone. If I don't find out how to boot this Cyanogenmod beta I will just gave up.

Thanks for your time.

Guest marisaleh

I still don't know how to check for available RAM in CM B1,

In Beta 3 from Settings - About Phone - and you see somthing

like 48MB/122MB.

Anybody any idea how to check it in CM without using external Apps

Thanks Guys.

Guest s jithu

Can anyone help me please. I have this Error when I try to install android in my SD Card. It's a 4 gb Class 4, also I have another problem with another card like this. Both cards have the same gb amount and same class, but I how I said, I have two differents problems. Also both cards are new and before trying android I formated both cards that is normal when are new.

Problem 1:

"Error: The location 4194 is outside of the device /dev/block/mmcblk0

Error: Can't have overlapping partitions.

tune2fs: No such file or directory while trying to open /dev/block/mmcblk0p

Couldn't find valid filesystem superblock.

Usage: e2fsck [-panyrcdfvtDFV] [-b superblock] [-B blocksize] (more things like this and after that..)

SWAP partition size 128 MB

End?"

Problem 2:

"Error: The location 4194 is outside of the device /devv/block/mmcblk0

Warning: You requested a partition from 1728 to 2752 MB.

The closest location we can manage is 2894 to 2894 MB.

Is this still acceptable to you?

Yes/No?"

And that's it... Maybe I will never be able to boot Android in my phone. Two differents cards and two differents problems.... Mybe is just my phone. If I don't find out how to boot this Cyanogenmod beta I will just gave up.

Thanks for your time.

format sd card in minitool primary and fat32 and run auto installer it will word im sure

Guest voyteckst

I still don't know how to check for available RAM in CM B1,

In Beta 3 from Settings - About Phone - and you see somthing

like 48MB/122MB.

Anybody any idea how to check it in CM without using external Apps

Thanks Guys.

It's wothless, because some part of ram is reserved for virtual machine and even if not shown is available.

BTW. Headset fix will be published up to 30 minutes ;-)

EDIT: Is available.

Edited by voyteckst