[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest cybergenie35

Is there a trick to getting the camera to work? when I click on the camera icon, I get

"The application Camera (process com.android.camera) has stopped unexpectedly"

thanks

Guest shoarmabakpao

The new update causes the system not to boot android. Services.jar is only 45 bytes!

The original file is 635kb

I assume the changed lines at the new services.jar has been saved with only the changes and without the rest I assume.

Guest voyteckst

The new update causes the system not to boot android. Services.jar is only 45 bytes!

The original file is 635kb

I assume the changed lines at the new services.jar has been saved with only the changes and without the rest I assume.

Upload error. Download again.

Guest marios32

I too have a 45b services,jar file, after 2 - 3 downloads getting the same.

its fixed now, thanks a lot voyteckst :)

Edited by marios32

Guest shoarmabakpao

Booting android sure take a while after applying this update.

Would it be possible to include DSPManager in the future builds?

Edited by shoarmabakpao

Guest voyteckst

Booting android sure take a while after applying this update.

Would it be possible to include DSPManager in the future builds?

I don't see the cause for using it.

Guest shoarmabakpao

I don't see the cause for using it.

Mabey I am not the only one but it improves the sound quality of your headset/headphone alot. Just by enabling the virtual room effect the sound from your headphone feels alot more real and full.

In general most official cyanogenmod mods have it built in. I would just like to see this with the virtual room effect. I was able to install this also on older beta's but all of those versions were without the virtual room effect (the only effect I was looking for which makes it sound like SRS WoW HD)

If many people would like to see this could you please build this in?

For instance: the equalizer in PowerAmp doesn't even come near the quality of what we have in windows mobile or what we would have with DSPManager with all those effect options.

I still prefer the sound quality of SRS WoW HD so I useally switch to windows mobile for listening music and for everything else I go to android. To be always in android I prefer to see dspmanager. :(

Edited by shoarmabakpao

Guest voyteckst

Mabey I am not the only one but it improves the sound quality of your headset/headphone alot. Just by enabling the virtual room effect the sound from your headphone feels alot more real and full.

In general most official cyanogenmod mods have it built in. I would just like to see this with the virtual room effect. I was able to install this also on older beta's but all of those versions were without the virtual room effect (the only effect I was looking for which makes it sound like SRS WoW HD)

If many people would like to see this could you please build this in?

For instance: the equalizer in PowerAmp doesn't even come near the quality of what we have in windows mobile or what we would have with DSPManager with all those effect options.

I still prefer the sound quality of SRS WoW HD so I useally switch to windows mobile for listening music and for everything else I go to android. To be always in android I prefer to see dspmanager. :(

It probably needs some kernel changes like enabling DSP or something? We will see.

Guest shoarmabakpao

It probably needs some kernel changes like enabling DSP or something? We will see.

Yes I think it needs some kernel changes. I tested the apk out with its libaudioflinger.so file

Backed up the old file and replaced it and then installed dsp manager. The app doesn't force close and such.

I now tried rebooting and now it won't boot. So I assume it must be the libaudioflinger.so file making it not boot or it has to do because the kernel doesn't support it.

Guest marios32

Adding DSPmanager would be awesome and it would really make sound quality even better in headphones.

Also for some reason after the headphones + kernel update the phone is a lot faster than before.

*EDIT

After many reboots headphones aren't recognized.

**EDIT

Made it work.

Not sure if fixed by restarts or something else!

Edited by marios32

Guest xerioncete

Good evening friends.

This beta is fine, but I have several problems.

- On power up I get 1 hour less, I have to change settings.

- The battery charge never exceeds 97%.

- The battery consumption at rest is exaggerated. Yesterday I went to work with 80% of the battery, the 4 hours I had 1% and had to carry.

- The wifi is normally active, but sometimes does not work and I have to give 2 or 3 times to activate.

- Applications are not updated, after 2 days I still have the old version of Android Market and all other applications.

- When making a call, takes to give a signal, the receiver has already received 2 tones.

Sorry for my English. (Google translate) Thank you very much!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buenas noches amigos.

Esta beta está muy bien, pero tengo varios problemas.

- Al encender me sale 1 hora menos, tengo que cambiarlo en ajustes.

- La carga de la batería no supera nunca el 97%.

- El consumo de batería en reposo es exagerado. Ayer entré al trabajo con el 80% de la batería, a las 4 horas me quedaba el 1% y tenía que cargar.

- El wifi normalmente se activa, pero hay veces que no funciona y tengo que darle 2 o 3 veces para que se active.

- Las aplicaciones no se actualizan, despues de 2 dias sigo teniendo la version vieja de Android Market y todas las demás aplicaciones.

- Al realizar una llamada, tarda en dar señal, el receptor ya ha recibido 2 tonos.

Perdon por mi ingles. (Google translate) Y muchas gracias por todo!!

Guest marios32

Ok this is crazy.

If i start windows haret with headphones plugged in it recognizes them in android but if pull them out, it stays on as if they were still plugged

and if i start haret without headphones plugged in then android refuses to recognize them

@job21

Do you have any quick fix on switching from Android ime to others? Says Google PY?

Tried few ways but still cant get it.

ure such an early bird

A prev post mentioned instead of doing it at "keyboard" setting,in any text field,press and hold,and change the input method

Probably an issue with this cg6 b1?

Guest emicba126

Thanks so much for doing work voytecks ​​headphones and improve the time delay of the incoming call. The headphones work well even when using them a call and the button also works.

Qusiera tell you first that should solve the issue of the battery. I have downloaded many programs to calibrate it, but everyone says I need to be "root". Do not understand this because this is the default Android as "root".

Also in my mobile, as other users, the camera does not work, but that is working on that, I think he will do work for everyone. :)

The issue of FM Radio, I have downloaded many applications such as "Spirit FM Radio" or "FM twoo" (no streaming radio) and do not work.

Today I used my Android to make calls, receive, send messages, the internet and I have not really warmed up and the battery is not discharged quickly.

all are to be met.

I wonder if it is working or has investigated about doing a ROM to be installed permanently in the Android Omnia 2, bypassing Windows Mobile.

See you.

-

Muchisimas gracias voytecks por hacer funcionar los auriculares y mejorar el tiempo de retardo de la llamada entrante. Los auriculares funcionan bien incluso usandolos en el momento de una llamada y el boton también funciona.

Qusiera decirle primero que habria que solucionar el tema de la bateria. Me he bajado muchos programas para calibrar la misma, pero todos dicen que necesito ser "root". No entiendo esto ya que este Android esta por defecto como "root".

Ademas en mi movil, como otros usuarios, sigue sin funcionar la camara, pero se que esta trabajando en eso, creo que lo va a hacer funcionar para todos. :)

El tema de la Radio FM, me he bajado muchas aplicaciones, como "Spirit FM Radio" o "FM TwoO" (radios no streaming) y no funcionan.

Hoy he usado mi Android para hacer llamadas, recibirlas, manda mensajes, internet y realmente no se me ha calentado y la bateria no se descargo rapidamente.

todos, se que se va a cumplir.

Quisiera saber si ya esta trabajando o si ha investigado sobre hacer una ROM para tener Android instalado definitivamente en el Omnia 2, sin pasar por Windows Mobile.

Nos vemos.

Guest Kannan Ramaswamy

format sd card in minitool primary and fat32 and run auto installer it will word im sure

Collixsion,

installation is a breeze,it worked great and the phone works a charm now.

theres a post on automatic installer in the previous pages, which i followed. Make all partitions, fat/ext4/linux swap, as primary and do the installation.

i was more than just surprised to see, how easy it had been all through.

Warm Regards

Edited by Kannan Ramaswamy

Guest Marmach

The issue of FM Radio, I have downloaded many applications such as "Spirit FM Radio" or "FM twoo" (no streaming radio) and do not work.

My oh my, you people never read FAQ, never read first posts ;P

I even can't imagine how one can install droid without reading a single word about it :D

Edited by Marmach

Guest kamdevil

YES

it is enough for me

I use file expert to overwrite the Driodsansfallbacj.ttf at system/fonts but still cannot show chinese charater. Its there any other step required. Great thanks

Guest andylau

I use file expert to overwrite the Driodsansfallbacj.ttf at system/fonts but still cannot show chinese charater. Its there any other step required. Great thanks

the permission of Driodsansfallback.ttf also need to be all checked, using resco explorer