[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Hi i have a B7610 myself. I tried to use the kernel from April 10 2011 it boots into Andriod. The phone or 3g doesn't work when trying to scan mobile networks it gives an error.

I expect its because the kernel is too old ?

Mind sharing your kernel for the B7610 ?

Regards oOze

My modifications for B7610 (GPIO mapping, keyboard and battery workaround for B7610) are available on the google project page.

Guest antonio junior

Hi guys,

i instally beta2 after almost a whole day,now i success and for those who want to install it on my storage,i give a way here,it is ext4 without journal

1.firstly ,make two logical partitions in my storage(the first one is fat32 and the latter is ext4 or any kind you like)

2. download this file and extract it in your my storage

3.put ext4.tar.gz of beta2 in the root of my storage

4.go to my storage/o2beta,click haret to install beta2,it last about 5 mins and will reboot your phone

5.delete the files in my storage and put the file below extracted to my storage

6.go to my storage and run haret,then you will able to enjoy beta2 with installing in my storage

please do as just what i said,the camera workd well,the file manager can see your my storage,but the time seems to be 1 hour later,and more things to be tested

ps:thank devs and all of you,i am so happy now with beta2's success :D .

installing android in linux almost makes me crazy!!!!!!

thanks a lot already it was giving up the installation, harms in this manner I obtained to install. debtor desenvolvedores my omnia 2 is super fast.

You should make a post out of this. It worked like a charm for me after 2 days of trying by myself!

For me time is right but wifi seems to not be working. Reestarting Android would help?

Guest mishatir

Mistahir or some else please make the ISO file

sd0.cpio.gz - My SDCARD

sd.cpio.gz - My Storage

rename ext4.gz to o2inst.tar.gz

and move to root dir My SDCARD or My Storage

(My SDCARD\o2inst.tar.gz or My Storage\o2inst.tar.gz )

start

My SDCARD\iso\haret or My Storage\iso\haret

Hi guys,

i instally beta2 after almost a whole day,now i success and for those who want to install it on my storage,i give a way here,it is ext4 without journal

1.firstly ,make two logical partitions in my storage(the first one is fat32 and the latter is ext4 or any kind you like)

2. download this file and extract it in your my storage

3.put ext4.tar.gz of beta2 in the root of my storage

4.go to my storage/o2beta,click haret to install beta2,it last about 5 mins and will reboot your phone

5.delete the files in my storage and put the file below extracted to my storage

6.go to my storage and run haret,then you will able to enjoy beta2 with installing in my storage

please do as just what i said,the camera workd well,the file manager can see your my storage,but the time seems to be 1 hour later,and more things to be tested

ps:thank devs and all of you,i am so happy now with beta2's success :D .

installing android in linux almost makes me crazy!!!!!!

It works, thanks man.. biggrin.gif noticing time display bug is still there.. is not fixed yet? unsure.gif

Guest voyteckst

just want to ask

With all sensor working, why there is no auto brightness option ?

thx

Enjoying my new life on beta2 :D

Probably no support in this froyo version. But it works, just install app which support this (ie. Elixir 2).

Edited by voyteckst

Guest MinaseTaki

weird enough... after i tried everything nothing worked.... so i decided to try with the partition size... i created 1000MB one (usually i always created EXT4 > 1024MB) now im at android loading logo.... and i think everything will work ok.

if you have problems installing try to create the EXT4 partition < 1024MB... this solved the pink screen and reboot into WM.

Guest Chelonian

I found only one problem with mine after a whole day of testing.

Everything works fine: phone, wifi, market, sdcard, camera, etc etc but if i leave it sleep for a period of about 2 hours, when i turn it on the phone dies. No sod or anything, everything works but the phone, it doesn't get signal so i have to reboot, everything is normal again but if i leave it sleep after 2-3 hours the phone part dies again. If somebody knows where is the log or how can i get it i'll review it and/orupload it here.

Edit: BTW, I tried turning off the wifi, rebooting the phone and don't turning it on just in case to see if it was related to the wifi+sleep bug in the notes but to no use, even if i don't turn on wifi during "a session" phone still dies after a couple of hours.

Edited by Chelonian

Guest voyteckst

I found only one problem with mine after a whole day of testing.

Everything works fine: phone, wifi, market, sdcard, camera, etc etc but if i leave it sleep for a period of about 2 hours, when i turn it on the phone dies. No sod or anything, everything works but the phone, it doesn't get signal so i have to reboot, everything is normal again but if i leave it sleep after 2-3 hours the phone part dies again. If somebody knows where is the log or how can i get it i'll review it and/orupload it here.

Edit: BTW, I tried turning off the wifi, rebooting the phone and don't turning it on just in case to see if it was related to the wifi+sleep bug in the notes but to no use, even if i don't turn on wifi during "a session" phone still dies after a couple of hours.

I see You have i8000L. Maybe there is a problem? I don't know what are hardware differences...

It works, thanks man.. biggrin.gif noticing time display bug is still there.. is not fixed yet? unsure.gif

i've a problem after partitioning and copy all files in the correct place. Starting the haret from o2beta folder the process stop announcing that is unable to mount the internal flash !!! But the label for this mount is mmcblk0p5 and not my mmcblk1p2 ........

for me my internal storage partition are mmcblk1p1 for my FAT32 partition and mmcblk1p2 for the EXT4 partition that i want to use for install Android system. Is simple, i've doing the same installation for the beta 1 too without problem.

if someone can help me i thanks him,,,,,,,

Guest vakaloka

Hi Devs,

I installed android in my Omnia II and it's works very well!!! :lol: But when I open folder "storage", it's empty. What Do I to see my 8Gb storage?

For those who can't see INTERNAL storage what you have to do is to modify this line in init.rc:

mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p5 /storage

Change the second number with the partition number, wich can be known by going to Dev Tools>Terminal>type "cd /dev/block/" and then type "ls" For those who can't see SDCARD what you can try is uncomment(delete the #) this line in init.rc and putting the right partition number:

#    mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p5 /sdcard

Edited by vakaloka

Guest eXPerience
For all who are tired of using Ubuntu,to make My Storage installation,do this:

1.First download this and unrar it to the root of My Storage as is. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LMDVA130

2.make sure you have at least 1,2 GB free space on My Storage and copy the file fs.iso from here to the \iso folder. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5LAOKBYI

3.start haret.exe from the root of My Storage & enjoy the new Froyo.The 3d drivers are inside,also calllight and task manager.iso file is 1,1 GB now for more apk installation space ,also trick: when you istall some apk's ,just copy the fs.iso file to your hard drive to have a backup if anything goes wrong,just copy the file back to iso folder.

Once again many thanks to all developers who are making this great work for us.

Regards.

http://o2droid.phj.hu/index_en.php

Hello! This post is taken from the previous thread. Is there anybody who can create the set-up file like this ^ again? I think it's simpler for everybody. Hope this can help people who are still unable to boot up correctly.

mmm. interesting! I like it too

Edited by eXPerience

Guest Chelonian

I see You have i8000L. Maybe there is a problem? I don't know what are hardware differences...

Supposedly there is none :S

And actually that's the weird thing, I have absolutely no problem besides that. The phone part works flawlessly for a couple of hours, i put the phone to sleep and wake it after 30 mins and everything keeps working, the problem is with very prolonged sleeps, it just doesn't get network signal after awaking... everything else keeps working, camera, wifi if i switch it on, everything.

Edited by Chelonian

Guest shoarmabakpao

I have the same exact problem. But I have an i8000 just like you have.

Mabey this has something to do with the phone part (like jj1 or JF1 from windows mobile, just like it affected the battery life on previous android beta)

I got phone part JF1 on windows mobile.

I know haret shuts WM off but still it had a effect (and sometimes a huge effect) on the previous beta android.

My GPS isn't working on android aswell, it can't find any satelite (It does work on Windows Mobile).

Guest voyteckst

I have the same exact problem. But I have an i8000 just like you have.

Mabey this has something to do with the phone part (like jj1 or JF1 from windows mobile, just like it affected the battery life on previous android beta)

I got phone part JF1 on windows mobile.

I know haret shuts WM off but still it had a effect (and sometimes a huge effect) on the previous beta android.

My GPS isn't working on android aswell, it can't find any satelite (It does work on Windows Mobile).

Phone part shouldn't matter, because we now load it ourself. But, just for testing You can change it and test.

Guest voyteckst

Will there be an automatic installation in future, just like froyo beta1.

Since you can't use the 02beta folder of froyo beta1 (pink screen of death)

Will be. But have You tried testing kernel to see what's going on (or just tapping pink screen?)?

Guest Pazuzu666

Hi.

First of all, thanks you to the devs for the hard work. Glad that the new beta is finally out. But I have a bit of a problem. This is the first time I will put a new operating software on my phone, and I have absolutely no clue how to do it. I read every post in this thread up to page 18, but there was nothing that I could understand. So what I understood so far, is that I have to create two partitions on my SD card, a fat32 and an ext4, put the fat as primary, install froyo on the fat32(, and hope to god it works). Then I have to edit the startupfile thing by putting in the primary partition.

Please let me know where I would go wrong and what I still have to do to get a working froyo beta 2 on my phone. I've got a plain I8000.

Then I have another few questions:

-What is the ext4 partition for? and which partition should be the bigger one? (I have a 8gb card, what would the "optimal" sizes be?)

-Can I use Gen.Y DualBoot with the beta 2? As I understand it, this would enable me to boot Android without botting WinMo first?

Thank you for your replies. I hope the answer to my questions can help other clueless basta.... like myself free themselves from WinMo.

Again, thanks for developing froyo beta 2

Edited by Pazuzu666