[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest nikkotsoi

You have to write it into init.rc. There's a line there for mount my storage, just put iocharset=utf8 after /storage.

sorry,,

isn't the mounting option now changed to "loadmod" ?

there is an "#" inside the line of mounting my storage in the initrc now..

THank you,,

I am not sure but now i am giveing a try

thanks anyway

Guest Maliasbaggio
At the beginning: all credits for working Android port on Omnia 2 are going to (alphabetical order):

- almar (Marc)

- bsbsbs (Sándor)

- Egon

- phj (János)

News:

08.02.2012 CyanogenMod beta 1. Introducing CM beta 2, whole recompiled from sources. It has same functionality as CM beta 1 + working FM Radio.

Thank you all for your great work!! You allow us to experiment & to still enjoy our old Omnia II!!!

Looks great, feels even greater this version of Android!!

P.S. Does the battery drains faster? I left it charging all night long (last night) & in the morning i found the phone switched off, when i started it ans entered in windows mobile it was showing battery of 70%??

How is it possible when swiched off & still charging for the battery to be at 70%??

Any proposals?

Thank you all again!!

thank you for responding, i obviously know about widgets etc, thats stuff i did immediately.. so winmo is 'off'.. hmm, i was hoping that i can increase the system reactions a bit, coz its not really responsive (i mean its ok, but sumtimes i haf to wait more then 10 secs before some of the apps finally opens)..

do you think there is any speed/ram mngmnt improvement in beta2 version? because if not, im not (just because of fm radio - i wont use it anyway) goin to update...quite happy with everything in beta1, its only those response lags..

According to devs CM beta2 == CM beta1 + Updates + Radio so should be the same.

In my case both works the same, and as you say sometimes some apps take longer to open but i'm ok with that. Calls are faster for me now!! before my phone rang twice before the answer screen appears, now it's better.

Guest shoarmabakpao

According to devs CM beta2 == CM beta1 + Updates + Radio so should be the same.

In my case both works the same, and as you say sometimes some apps take longer to open but i'm ok with that. Calls are faster for me now!! before my phone rang twice before the answer screen appears, now it's better.

Try running this on a Class 10SD Card. Beta2 is alot faster then Beta 1 =)

Apps open alot faster aswell.

good morning all

i have downloaded and installed the latest version for Android in my omnia 2 it is much better then beta1. i have a small problem when i install the beta in the internal storage using guide by Gardakkan the installation is success full but once i open the file manager the sdcard and the storage card are showing the same contents e.g if i have a folder call games in the sdcard it also appears in the storage card i tried to change the partition number in Linux but still the same thing

can any one assist me in this

and once again thanks the DEV team for bringing the best release of android in our Omnia

Guest shoarmabakpao

good morning all

i have downloaded and installed the latest version for Android in my omnia 2 it is much better then beta1. i have a small problem when i install the beta in the internal storage using guide by Gardakkan the installation is success full but once i open the file manager the sdcard and the storage card are showing the same contents e.g if i have a folder call games in the sdcard it also appears in the storage card i tried to change the partition number in Linux but still the same thing

can any one assist me in this

and once again thanks the DEV team for bringing the best release of android in our Omnia

Just buy an Class 10 8GB SD card for like 10 euro which is alot faster than the Internal Storage install =)

Guest raiwakei

hello everyone..

just install CM beta 2

but got a little problem , i can't access the android market, and also the radio turns off after I lock the screen

help please..

but it's much better than CM beta 1 with updates , in beta 1 i can't install free apps or anythings from the market..

Guest shoarmabakpao

hello everyone..

just install CM beta 2

but got a little problem , i can't access the android market, and also the radio turns off after I lock the screen

help please..

but it's much better than CM beta 1 with updates , in beta 1 i can't install free apps or anythings from the market..

Do a clean install. Format first your SD-card and then install CM Beta 2

Guest hovensy

sorry,,

isn't the mounting option now changed to "loadmod" ?

there is an "#" inside the line of mounting my storage in the initrc now..

THank you,,

I am not sure but now i am giveing a try

thanks anyway

I also had a problem with this changes:

before in cm1, I have manage to use "My Storage" as mnt/sdcard and SD card as mnt/storage by changing initrc but now I cannot do it anymore because storage was changed in loadmod.

Please help me because I need to use my 16gig as SD card since I am using a lot of storage space.. thanks in advance

Thanks for the devs for all the great work!!

Grr, Beta 2 is beautiful..but I have instaled it twice ! and still..I have problem with SD card, droid is still saying, that my SD card is broken..CAN ANYBODY GIVE ME SOME ADVICE PLEASE? Thank you..

Guest shoarmabakpao

As someone said in previous posts, dsp manager shows up properly, but it does not affect the output sound.

Yes, you are right. I think it only works with android 2.3 or higher since it has a different Libaudo.so

Other than that I also do not know a solution to it.

Guest marios32

Thanks for the info synescu i will tell you how it goes once i try it.

For now, i am getting a few bsod's and soft resets. Beta2 although fast, seems kind of unstable.

Edited by marios32

Guest shoarmabakpao

Another bug I found. After I finished studying in the living room I went back upstairs to my room. Then I saw that the flashlight of my phone was on. I do not know for how long it has been on though.

Guest Fishkal

I just have to say, exellent work guys, thank you! You shouldn't be so modest by saying that is only beta1+updates+fm radio. It is much better than beta1!

Altough is been said copule of times, class 10 sd card is must have, it works much much better than on class 4 card or on My storage.

Once again, thank you for your work, especially to my neighbours from Hungary.