[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest shoarmabakpao

You can try Button Savior from Google Play/Market:

https://play.google....com.smart.swkey

It's a screen button app. I use it to save my lock (back) button that isn't that good anymore.

I use my end-call button as a home button. What it does is it brings it to home and the second time I press it, it will lock the device ^_^

Guest ErcanPolat

Finally the project stopped :( .Bad news. I am fallowing this forum for about one year. Thank you developers for helps for i8000 community. I hope this project will continue to maintain by other developers.

Guest xheretic

Hi guys I need a little bit help'

1) In a past I successfully install cm_beta2 ...it's very easy after all :)

2) But for reason unknow when my Omnia was restarted MY STORAGE was gone!

3) I found on a Modaco good advise here: http://windows.modac...-omnia-ii-i800/ and MY STORAGE is back now.

4) I wanted take a new install of Android by guide from AoSra1n at the page 253

5) Every time when I run androidinstall.exe from My Storage after some while when console is running it throw me a message Can't mount internal FLASH!!!!!!!! Rebooting in 10sec

It have something to do with fact that I formated My Storage as Fat32 Primary and no label??? Or it is somewhere else???

Pls help if U can, thx for advance!

EDIT: I figure it out! I must flashed WinMo Rom to Samsung Stock Rom - and hidden partition 512Mbyte is finally back and Android install now work correctly

Edited by xheretic

Guest sgmem88

All credits for working Android port on Omnia 2 are going to (alphabetical order):

- almar (Marc)

- bsbsbs (Sándor)

- Egon

- phj (János)

News:

04.05.2012 Because we do not have time for development, we had to stop it. All sources except FMRadio (which will be avalable if we will have time) are available via github and o2droid svn. If there are people who can take care of it, do not hesitate to contact us (as far as I've seen there are some developers who successfully modified kernels/android sources).

Thanks Voyteckst and all developers!

It is a great achievement that this project comes so far.

just that it is a pity to stop so close in making it complete.

guess there is less and less i8000 user now as more and more android phone come out, especially with launch of S3 the 3rd flagship phone after i8000

Guest andylau

long time not care about this topic, but i hope new developers can take over this project

Thank all of you great developers!!!

Guest andylau

Hello everyone, PSP3000 made a new theme with a background, he asked me to upload it here, thanks

Replace framework.apk in system/framework before change its permissions, and reboot your phone.

On your on risk, don't forget to backup your original file, enjoy yourselves!

These are some screenshots of it:

post-700111-0-59187500-1336223323_thumb. post-700111-0-45198100-1336223335_thumb.

post-700111-0-61846600-1336223344_thumb. post-700111-0-32778100-1336223351_thumb.

post-700111-0-23082800-1336223357_thumb.

framework-res.zip

Edited by andylau

Guest shoarmabakpao

I know that has nothing to do with what is discussed here but still best way to test and install ice cream sandwich in our PCs.http://www.android-x86.org/

Haha XD I already got an ICS tablet, also another phone with ICS running :P I am used to it and it's great, especially on good phones/tablets :P

Pretty fun to check it out if you don't have a device with ICS on it :P

Guest xheretic

Hi there,

I've only one question to Chainfire3d ...which version are You using?

Because when I do this: --> In Default OpenGl settings check 'Reduce texture quality' and 'Reduce texture size'

Then my Angry Birds won't work - Angry Birds run only in one quarter top left screen and Angry Birds Rio shows only light blue screen

I'm using Chainfire3d Pro 3.3

Guest shoarmabakpao

Hi there,

I've only one question to Chainfire3d ...which version are You using?

Because when I do this: --> In Default OpenGl settings check 'Reduce texture quality' and 'Reduce texture size'

Then my Angry Birds won't work - Angry Birds run only in one quarter top left screen and Angry Birds Rio shows only light blue screen

I'm using Chainfire3d Pro 3.3

you need to configure it PER APP! Angry birds goes crazy with those 2 options!

Guest thanh_nha0706

Finally, the project is about to off. I truly thank you guys very much to take lots of time to develop such an old device for a long time. I have plenty of memories about this project and about my Omnia II i8000 but it's time i have to let it go and get a new one. Thanks dev team once again!

Guest nikkotsoi

Me too.

This project brings our i8000 to a new level

Let me enjoy android

Let me learn about partition, linux, ubuntu , android system

Other than enjoying the android system ,the games, on our phone

I learn a lot from this project

And lastly , I can see that the developer are selfless

They do so much and contribute to our i8000 and don't ask for any returns

Really, Thank you very much ,sincerely

Guest MasterGodW

Hi!

I have a lot of problems with android on omnia.

1) Is impossible to install on my storage with the installer, because the install stop in loading (after finish and restart).

2) In the external SD works, but the camera don't works and the system is veeeeery slow. (especially the dialer and the launcher).

3) If I install in the My storage and put my external SD out, the system works (with a External SD without AndrOmnia, the system Stop in Loading), why?

Well, a try a lot of possibilities, and finnaly woks after I install in my storage and in the external SD and change the startup.txt file. GPS works good, market works (but not update to Play Store). In both cases camera not works.

My questions:

1) Is good update the applications (Maps, search...)?

2) I try update my camera firmware in the wm6.5 but I have the last version. How can I make my camera works(I try to use anoter application, but not works too)?

3) Someone can create a "omnia.gho" or a new ext4.tar.gz with the tweaks?

4) the best is have a external SD formated with ext4 or FAT?

I have a Omnia i8000:

My storage 8gb with 3 partitions:

1-FAT 6.4GB

2-ext4 1.14 GB

3-swap 128mb

External SD 2 GB with 2 partitions:

1-FAT 700MB

2-Ext4 - 1.14GB.

I use the last compilation (2012-02-08: CyanogenMod beta 2).

I try a lot of times format and install a new. My tries are using automatic install (androidinstall.exe), just changing like is informed in README.txt (rename sd_ms.cpio.gz to sd.cpio.gz).

Finally, tanks for your time and your help.

Edited by MasterGodW

Guest shoarmabakpao

Hi!

I have a lot of problems with android on omnia.

1) Is impossible to install on my storage with the installer, because the install stop in loading (after finish and restart).

2) In the external SD works, but the camera don't works and the system is veeeeery slow. (especially the dialer and the launcher).

3) If I install in the My storage and put my external SD out, the system works (with a External SD without AndrOmnia, the system Stop in Loading), why?

Well, a try a lot of possibilities, and finnaly woks after I install in my storage and in the external SD and change the startup.txt file. GPS works good, market works (but not update to Play Store). In both cases camera not works.

My questions:

1) Is good update the applications (Maps, search...)?

2) I try update my camera firmware in the wm6.5 but I have the last version. How can I make my camera works(I try to use anoter application, but not works too)?

3) Someone can create a "omnia.gho" or a new ext4.tar.gz with the tweaks?

4) the best is have a external SD formated with ext4 or FAT?

I have a Omnia i8000:

My storage 8gb with 3 partitions:

1-FAT 6.4GB

2-ext4 1.14 GB

3-swap 128mb

External SD 2 GB with 2 partitions:

1-FAT 700MB

2-Ext4 - 1.14GB.

I use the last compilation (2012-02-08: CyanogenMod beta 2).

I try a lot of times format and install a new. My tries are using automatic install (androidinstall.exe), just changing like is informed in README.txt (rename sd_ms.cpio.gz to sd.cpio.gz).

Finally, tanks for your time and your help.

Why did you make ext4 and swap on My Storage!?!? Make your phone normal. My Storage normally has a hidden partition and a FAT partition. No more than that! Format your sd-card to fat32. Now just run ANDROIDINSTAL.EXE from o2beta folder and it will do everything for you!

There is nothing more than that to do =|

Guest nekue

Gracias por todo vuestro tiempo con I8000, desde España!

Thanks for all your time with I8000 from Spain!

Edited by nekue

Guest ipaq3870

Finally got some spare time to get back to this thread. It's kinda sad we are losing the very original developers for our phones. Without them, we couldn't have reached this stage. A big thank you to all of them.

I am still working on the kernel, mostly still on 2.6.32. Anyway, l'll try to address some issues posted awhile back:

how about wifi ?

My repo has fix to the libertas driver checked in, and I believe it can fix the wifi problem - at least to revert back to old behavior.

But I got SOD.

Try sticking with the conservative cpu scaling governor and don't do anything to limit the max freq of the cpu. Doing so is a certain way to get SOD. Make sure none of your apps or script or tweaks or whatsoever do it.

anyone found using the new kernel wil cause some electric sound when listening to music through earphone?

especially when pressing the hardware buttons and typing

This is well known for preemptive kernels due to how cpu cycles are sliced, and is only noticeable when your cpu is running with low freq, such as 66Mhz. You can set minimum freq to say 133000 by using apps such as setcpu or put the following line in init.rc

write /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq 133000
EDIT: I tried out many 360Launchers so far, some were almost smooth but it made my phone SOD -.-' Had to pull the battery for 4 times already so I deleted again that 360Launcher and went back to LauncherPro because for me, that is one of the few launchers that are 100% lagfree ohmy.png
And if the phone is not coming out of a black screen, you can trying pressing the power button, and then press Hold+VolUp+Camera buttons at the same time. If it reboots, it's probably a kernel panic instead of a SOD. I have the following line in my init.rc, together with a hardware watchdog so it will auto reboot in case of such problems:
write /proc/sys/kernel/panic 5[/code]

After the reboot, you can get the diagnostic log message from /proc/last_kmsg.

[i]Only problem I face is it has no phone signal on some boots. I fix this by trying to toggle airplane mode (doesnt actually change) then reboot. Then again trying to toggle airplane mode and reboot. Usually on second boot i am successful. If anyone knows the solution, please tell me.[/i]
It must be some race conditions triggered somehow by either a faster kernel, or a newer compiler that I was using. It never occurs on my phone though I can investigate. Can someone having the problem post a dmesg? You can use the following command in the Terminal app to get the file in your sd card:
[CODE]dmesg > /sdcard/dmesg.txt[/code]

I'll probably be posting new testing kernels. The followings are in my repo already: 24bit display, ahb overclock, zcache memory compression (~2.5x), extra memory upto a total of 160MB. You can build it yourself from my repo and I can do binary builds if anyone is interested.

Guest erikcas

Ipaq, good to see you here again :-)

About the last issue, it must be your compiler. I tried your sources and it didn't occur to my phone.

Guest MasterGodW

Why did you make ext4 and swap on My Storage!?!? Make your phone normal. My Storage normally has a hidden partition and a FAT partition. No more than that! Format your sd-card to fat32. Now just run ANDROIDINSTAL.EXE from o2beta folder and it will do everything for you!

There is nothing more than that to do =|

Because in README.TXT file is writed:

3b. To install on internal storage - rename sd_ms.cpio.gz to sd.cpio.gz, but You MUST have partitions created earlier properly (fat32, ext4, swap)!.

Tank you

Guest nikkotsoi

Finally got some spare time to get back to this thread. It's kinda sad we are losing the very original developers for our phones. Without them, we couldn't have reached this stage. A big thank you to all of them.

I am still working on the kernel, mostly still on 2.6.32. Anyway, l'll try to address some issues posted awhile back:

My repo has fix to the libertas driver checked in, and I believe it can fix the wifi problem - at least to revert back to old behavior.

Try sticking with the conservative cpu scaling governor and don't do anything to limit the max freq of the cpu. Doing so is a certain way to get SOD. Make sure none of your apps or script or tweaks or whatsoever do it.

This is well known for preemptive kernels due to how cpu cycles are sliced, and is only noticeable when your cpu is running with low freq, such as 66Mhz. You can set minimum freq to say 133000 by using apps such as setcpu or put the following line in init.rc

write /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq 133000
And if the phone is not coming out of a black screen, you can trying pressing the power button, and then press Hold+VolUp+Camera buttons at the same time. If it reboots, it's probably a kernel panic instead of a SOD. I have the following line in my init.rc, together with a hardware watchdog so it will auto reboot in case of such problems:
write /proc/sys/kernel/panic 5[/code]

After the reboot, you can get the diagnostic log message from /proc/last_kmsg.

It must be some race conditions triggered somehow by either a faster kernel, or a newer compiler that I was using. It never occurs on my phone though I can investigate. Can someone having the problem post a dmesg? You can use the following command in the Terminal app to get the file in your sd card:

[CODE]dmesg > /sdcard/dmesg.txt[/code]

I'll probably be posting new testing kernels. The followings are in my repo already: 24bit display, ahb overclock, zcache memory compression (~2.5x), extra memory upto a total of 160MB. You can build it yourself from my repo and I can do binary builds if anyone is interested.

glad to see you back here

so why the orginal kernel don't get the electric sound ?

anyway, looking foward for you new kernel

Edited by nikkotsoi

Guest ErcanPolat

glad to see you back here

so why the orginal kernel don't get the electric sound ?

anyway, looking foward for you new kernel

I hear same electric sound while using s3clock on windows mobile;(i cant say it really works.) . If this sound caused by cpu scaling and original kernel doesnt cause this, it may be why original kernel has high power consumption.

Guest erikcas

I hear same electric sound while using s3clock on windows mobile;(i cant say it really works.) . If this sound caused by cpu scaling and original kernel doesnt cause this, it may be why original kernel has high power consumption.

I don't agree. I think the powerconsumption is caused by android.

On an image built from recent sources I am 12 hours detached now with 43% battery left. On original kernel. Please keep in mind that this is on Omnia Pro, so without wifi.

To compare, on same but outdated sources from december, my phone lasted only max 9 hrs max detached.

If someone likes to test for omniaII, I can compile and provide an image (Android ext4) with working wifi for OmniaII to test. No FM radio as I am waiting for Voyteckst to publish sources for FM. He will do so as soon as he has them available he assured earlier.

Just send me PM if you like to.

I tested Ipaqs changes on this one, but I didn't like it (no offense Ipaq ;) ). I suffered many of the mentioned problems (also significant heating of phone) and I prefer things to be solved in his sources first above tweaking and hacking around in android.

Edited by erikcas

Guest ErcanPolat

Because of no service and no wifi issue on kernel 2.6.3, I couldn't test battery life. I will do it after ipaq fix it.

Guest PACOSH

big thanx to all involved in this development, it is unbelievable what you achieved here.. really appreciate it, i still use my old omnia2 as a main phone :) good luck with anything you are gna make in the future!