[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest PuCiNhOOO

I've did a manual instalation, and everything is working like a charm ... camera, games, apps, batery lasts for about 24 or more hours ... I just don't understand wat is the problems with you guys ...

It has to do to what you are all doing ...

I didn't create the swap partition (oficialy). for now I'm using Swapper for root users and it works like a charm. I believe that it is a bit slow ... but for now is good. No lag, wi-fi super fast, 3G either ... it awesome ... Bt, works perfectly, I think that is just a bit slow on speed transfer ...

In the weekend, I will do the swap partition... and will give new feedback :)

Thak You Devs, for the great work ...

Guest MAIL.SUDHAHAR

Getting errors with automatic installer:

Error : Can't have overlapping partitions.

Couldn't find valid filesystem superblock

End?

I have formatted my sd card several times under Windows and under Paragon Partition Manager. What's the problem?

I've did a manual instalation, and everything is working like a charm ... camera, games, apps, batery lasts for about 24 or more hours ... I just don't understand wat is the problems with you guys ...

It has to do to what you are all doing ...

I didn't create the swap partition (oficialy). for now I'm using Swapper for root users and it works like a charm. I believe that it is a bit slow ... but for now is good. No lag, wi-fi super fast, 3G either ... it awesome ... Bt, works perfectly, I think that is just a bit slow on speed transfer ...

In the weekend, I will do the swap partition... and will give new feedback :)

Thak You Devs, for the great work ...

Hi Pucinhooo, appreciate you can share if manual swap partition works or not (on storage or SD, and how)

coz for me, editing the vold.fstab yields nothing (I was having manual B2 -> B3 upgrade at storage)

Guest andylau

Getting errors with automatic installer:

Error : Can't have overlapping partitions.

Couldn't find valid filesystem superblock

End?

I have formatted my sd card several times under Windows and under Paragon Partition Manager. What's the problem?

I also have this error before, then i format my storage as logical partition 1st and sdcard primary partition as default, you may have a try

Guest antonio junior

hi could someone help me about the swap partition. I wonder if all paths to follow if it is in perfect use.

I did the manual installation in internal memory

the partitions are all in primary

sdb1 fat 32; sdb2 ext4; sdb3 swap.

want to know how is the init.rc and fstab.

I did not know the change it self was right

the init.rc do not know how it should be because it has three lines that arises mmcblk0p2 or other value ...

fstab was mmcblk0p3

someone explain to me how should I put ...

Guest MAIL.SUDHAHAR

I also have this error before, then i format my storage as logical partition 1st and sdcard primary partition as default, you may have a try

could you please explain as how to do this? Thanks for your time and answer.

Guest andylau

hi could someone help me about the swap partition. I wonder if all paths to follow if it is in perfect use.

I did the manual installation in internal memory

the partitions are all in primary

sdb1 fat 32; sdb2 ext4; sdb3 swap.

want to know how is the init.rc and fstab.

I did not know the change it self was right

the init.rc do not know how it should be because it has three lines that arises mmcblk0p2 or other value ...

fstab was mmcblk0p3

someone explain to me how should I put ...

for init: k1p2

for fatab: /dev/block/mmcblk1p3 swap swap defaults 0 0

if you don't have a sdcard, maybe where k0 should be k1

Guest andylau

could you please explain as how to do this? Thanks for your time and answer.

use mini tools or diskgenius in windows, or gparted in ubuntu to make partitions as what i said

it's not difficult to do it, using google or searching for how to make partitions :rolleyes:

Guest PuCiNhOOO

if i play whit phone, 2 hours, normal use 4 hours , stand by 7 maybe 8 hours.

There is something wrong with you ...

I've unplugged my phone yesterday at 9pm, 30 sms latter, 20 or more calls about half hour of wi-fi, using 3G network and now I've got 33% battery left ...

Guest federicole

There is something wrong with you ...

I've unplugged my phone yesterday at 9pm, 30 sms latter, 20 or more calls about half hour of wi-fi, using 3G network and now I've got 33% battery left ...

I was also short-lived battery, some people lasts longer, but there are several short-lived us.

Guest shoarmabakpao

Beta 3 rocks! It is sooo quick!!!! Games run soo much faster! No more white squares. Angrybirds is very very very play-able. Only at the busy levels it gets a bit laggy but that also happens on my native android devices.

Beta 3 made my Omnia 2 an real Smart Phone. It just works. The Camera works very well and is very quick too.

I noticed one main thing: If I choose Reboot ->Recovery Mode and then boot back into android it feels quicker. The more I use it the quicker it becomes. I do not know if this will be permanent quick since I am still testing it out.

As far of battery life it is great! Listend music at school for 3 hours long. Played now at home angry birds for around 30 minutes. Downloading WhatsApp right now on Wifi.

After 14 hours with 3 hours music, 30min angry birds and 30 min other stuff on it. No phone calls made today but I sms'd around 15 times.

Stil 67% left. Mabey I am for once lucky? :D

Guest Gardakkan

Finally found time to install Beta 3 over Beta 2 that was already installed on internal storage

For those who want to know how I did it, it's easy I just ran linux and did a sudo tar zxvf ext4.tar.gz -C /media/system (from beta 3 autoinstall)

changed init.rc to point to the right partition for /storage

changed vold.fstab to point to right parition for /mnt/sdcard

used same startup.txt

used zImage from update package

I didn't need to create a swap partition because I already had one that I used with beta 2 so I didn't need to add /system/etc/fstab

Rebooted and voila! i'm at work right now but I could translate the tutorial I made in french on an other site, but I would like for voyteckst to look at it and approve it first. I'm gonna work on that during the weekend and send it to him.

Works fine, it doesn't get too hot and anymore running 3G with Bell in Canada on Omnia i8000 16Gb version

Guest rom_omnia2

how to update etc / fstab?

If you already created your swap partition you set it in fstab.

Just create it as a .txt file into /system/etc with this info:

/dev/block/mmcblkXpY swap swap defaults 0 0

x = your storage (sdcard/mystorage)

y = your partition

I'm sorry, i was wrong. It can't be a .txt file.

Easy to solve, running Android:

1) Dev Tools > Terminal Emulator

2) run this commands:

su

mv /etc/fstab.txt /etc/fstab

swapon -a

And then run "free" command:

free

It will show you some thing like this:

Mem:   	124188   	120000 		4188        	

Swap:   	128512      	180   	128332

Total:   	252700   	120180   	132520

If swap is not 0000, then is working. I thought it could be a txt file because in my desktop linux (Slackware) fstab is a .txt file. But in Android .txt didn't work.

Guest Collixsion

Wow! Beta3 is really awesome. I'm using bluetooth! Great Job Devs. I also have a question. Is there a possibility to overclock our Omnia 2 with this beta3 from 800 to 900 or 1000 MHz? I'm a freak about overclocking :P

Guest leonardodg

Hi Guys

First, sorry about my english.

Help?

I made a manual instalation of beta3 (I create a ext4 partition on Main Memory of 1Gb and format then a ext4 ). I extract the content of ext4.tar.gz on root and copy zImage and all stuffs to Main Memory too. When I boot the phone, his freeze in ANDROID blink logo screen, I made the process of instalation many times but still freeze in same screen. Somebody can help me?

Guest jingang

i want 1gb ram and good 3d performance like the galaxy s2!

CAN I???

Our i8000 's hardware is just too crap, there are not enough physical ram but not the software problem

the 3d drivers for the gpu used for other native android phone is still crap (i5700 from samsung , rubbish driver)

It is not that easy to write a new driver by just saying "beta need more ram and 3d performance dry.gifdry.gifdry.gif"

PAY FOR A NEW PHONE IF YOU WANT A PERFECT ONE!

Asphalt5

is able to run our i8000,now almost good,just need a litter 3d performance rise, and i really thanks for dev‘work,now beta3 is much better

@Devs

I've just bought a a sandisk 16gb microsd card, and after the installation, before the fat32 partition there is about 3.9gb unpartitioned part. its a bit strange :) i tried to resize the fat32 partition, but it damaged, so i had to reset everything.

Guest lipe123

I'm in the same boat as leonardodg

I just dont get why its so hard to install it to the internal "my storage" I managed to get beta 2 running from the SD card once with the auto installer but I really want it running from the "my storage"

I partitioned "my storage" [extended partition (fat32 12gb)], [ext4 2gb], [swap 256mb]

the partitions show as 1, 5, 2, 3 - 1 is the extended, 5 is the fat32, 2 is the ext4 and 3 is the swap.

So I set my startup.txt to mmcblk1p2 and I created the fstab file in /system/etc/ with the mmcblk1p3 stuff in there.

Downloaded the complete beta3 package from the o2droid site. Used ubuntu to extract the ext4 folder to desktop, then used: sudo cp -r * /media/android (i called the ext4 partition "android"). Run haret and then it shows "Now loading adroid on omnia.." for 1min and then shows a night rider style "ANDROID" in the center of the screen that sometimes dissapears and re-appears soon after, I've left it like this for more than 10minutes and nothing changes.

PLEASE PLEASE with cheeries and sex on top blinking help me to get this working, its driving me NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTS!!!!

Guest xibianliang

beta3 runs much slower than b2 due to insufficient RAM memory.for someone who don't play much game, will there be a version with more available system memory?thanks!

Guest xibianliang

beta3 runs much slower than b2 due to insufficient RAM memory.for someone who don't play much game, will there be a version with more available system memory?thanks!