<< LINK2SD GUIDE >> (UPDATED PLEASE READ)

Guest tillaz

Guest hvis1608

they should be abl to be moved. You don't need a custom rom but do need to be rooted

How can I "be rooted"? What program should I use? Medion has android 2.3.5.

Tillaz I can't get my SD card thing to work with your guide, when I have done everythign in the wizard tool and then rebbot the phone and go back to 'LinkSD' app, it doesn't ask for me to select FAT32.

My storage info is showing the following:

Internal: Total 162MB, Used:162MB, Free 24KB

SD Cardl: Total 6.96GB, Used:12.00KB, Free 6.96GB

SD Card 2nd part.: Total 507MB, Used:2.00KB, Free 507MB

Also...I am getting 'Force closes' every second and is irritating the hell out of me now.

Edited by Navie

My storage info is showing the following:

Internal: Total 162MB, Used:162MB, Free 24KB

SD Cardl: Total 6.96GB, Used:12.00KB, Free 6.96GB

SD Card 2nd part.: Total 507MB, Used:2.00KB, Free 507MB

Also...I am getting 'Force closes' every second and is irritating the hell out of me now.

I think I have fixed it now.

I think I have fixed it now.

I haven't fixed it yet, I thought I had.

Everytime I reboot the phone it gives me a mount warning in the notification bar, my widgets dont show up, why is this happening? I think its because of what I mentioned in post #29 as it never asked me to select FAT32.

The mount warning says the following:

"Since the 2nd partition is not mounted during boot time it has been monuted after the system finishes loading.

Therefore your linked apps are not visible to the system at the moment.

To make them available again, please try 'Quick reboot'."

I have tried 'Quick reboot'...no luck.

Edited by Navie

Someone must have an idea of a solution apart from Tillaz surely? He is offline at the moment so I don't want to wait for him as I need to sort this out asap :) thanks.

Guest tilal6991

Someone must have an idea of a solution apart from Tillaz surely? He is offline at the moment so I don't want to wait for him as I need to sort this out asap :) thanks.

OK - what ROM are you on?

OK - what ROM are you on?

Bluemonte V1.8D, I am seeing if I can complete the steps in Tillaz's guide, I think its because I haven't propely completed the Link2SD guide, when I unlink the widget apps from the SD card (not linked) they work just fine and don't disappear after a reboot, when I link them back to the SD card and reboot then they display a message saying widget can't be loaded.

Edited by Navie

Guest tilal6991

Bluemonte V1.8D, I am seeing if I can complete the steps in Tillaz's guide, I think its because I haven't propely completed the Link2SD guide, when I unlink the widget apps from the SD card (not linked) they work just fine and don't disappear after a reboot, when I link them back to the SD card and reboot then they display a message saying widget can't be loaded.

OK. The widget problem is beacuse the SD card is mounted AFTER the phone boots and not before. So the widgets dissapear.

You shouldn't really have widgets on SD card.

Guest painkiller_93

I also have similar problems with Link2SD using my ext3 partition. I link some apps to sd partition and after that if I reboot the phone all the apps that I had linked have dissapeared magically from the phone.

OK. The widget problem is beacuse the SD card is mounted AFTER the phone boots and not before. So the widgets dissapear.

You shouldn't really have widgets on SD card.

I did have them on before and have always had it that way.

Guest cryoglobe

I also have similar problems with Link2SD using my ext3 partition. I link some apps to sd partition and after that if I reboot the phone all the apps that I had linked have dissapeared magically from the phone.

Hello everybody

I'm using Link2SD on my ZTE Skate ( Android 2.3.5 ) since a week now.

I was quite happy with all this until I did shutdown and restart of my smartphone

After that , the second partition ( Ext4 of about 1gb ) is not mounted anymore , and of course all apps that were linked to it are unusable !

When I check in Link2SD , it says that the second partition in not mounted , it asks again for the kind of partition it is as the first time I started link2sd.... but this time with an error message saying it can't mount the partition.

I checked and the partition is still there , and the content as well ( via a windows application that can mount and browse ext4 partitions )

Why is the mount not ok after a reboot ?

Does someone already had the case ?

What must I do to mount it properly ... and ensure it will be ok after any reboot of the phone ?

Kind regards

Hello everybody

I'm using Link2SD on my ZTE Skate ( Android 2.3.5 ) since a week now.

I was quite happy with all this until I did shutdown and restart of my smartphone

After that , the second partition ( Ext4 of about 1gb ) is not mounted anymore , and of course all apps that were linked to it are unusable !

When I check in Link2SD , it says that the second partition in not mounted , it asks again for the kind of partition it is as the first time I started link2sd.... but this time with an error message saying it can't mount the partition.

I checked and the partition is still there , and the content as well ( via a windows application that can mount and browse ext4 partitions )

Why is the mount not ok after a reboot ?

Does someone already had the case ?

What must I do to mount it properly ... and ensure it will be ok after any reboot of the phone ?

Kind regards

I think I may know the answer, did you follow all the steps in Tillaz's guide on the first page in this thread?...if you never please tell me which steps you never completed.

Guest cryoglobe

Hello Navie

Thanks for the answer ... I re-read again the full "procedure" .. and I think I've not missed anything..

However here are the differences :

1) 507.54 MB --> for me , my second partition is a bit less than 1Gb

2) change file system to: fat32 --> In my case , I used ext4 and not fat32

3) last remark : SD card format "operations" done using a microsd usb device ( not via the cable )

Edited by cryoglobe

Guest cryoglobe

not all roms support EXT4 that's way i say use FAT32 as all roms support it

Hello

But , if it was not supported ... I would never be able to create the mount point and link about 25 apps ? right ?

My problem only appears after a shutdow / restart of the phone.

Hello

But , if it was not supported ... I would never be able to create the mount point and link about 25 apps ? right ?

My problem only appears after a shutdow / restart of the phone.

wot rom are you using