[OLD THREAD SUPPORT ONLY] [ATOMICMOD]

Guest tillaz

Guest painkiller_93

I currently use Bluemonte 1.8d (2.3.4), thinking of switching to Atomic 1.5 (2.3.5). Is it better and how do I update properly without messing up my skate since I am going from 2.3.4 to 2.3.5? Thanks

this is enough: wipe data, wipe cache partition, advanced->wipe dalvik cache and format system

Guest Dukelord

So how do I properly format? Never used that feature in clockwork mod before. I see no format system option in clockwork mod.

Edited by Dukelord

I currently use Bluemonte 1.8d (2.3.4), thinking of switching to Atomic 1.5 (2.3.5). Is it better? Thanks

I'd be interested in the answer to this as well, although for me I'd be going straight from the original Orange stock ROM on a new Monte Carlo. Can anyone give me a rough idea as to the differences? If Atomic is being updated, would I be as well waiting for that? As somebody who's not familiar with smartphones, I'd prefer to do the minimal amount of adaptation in case I make a mess of it.

Guest TouchyAndalou

So how do I properly format? Never used that feature in clockwork mod before. I see no format system option in clockwork mod.

clockwork - mounts and storage -format system. It also gives you the option of formatting data, cache and boot. Sometimes when I want a really clean install, I'll do all four in addition to the usual three wipes.

Guest TouchyAndalou

I'd be interested in the answer to this as well, although for me I'd be going straight from the original Orange stock ROM on a new Monte Carlo. Can anyone give me a rough idea as to the differences? If Atomic is being updated, would I be as well waiting for that? As somebody who's not familiar with smartphones, I'd prefer to do the minimal amount of adaptation in case I make a mess of it.

Yeah, wait for the new one. As far as I know, the only avantage Monte has over Atomic is that retains Dolby sound from the original rom. Unless that's a deal breaker for you, you'd be best getting the latest rom.

Guest Dukelord

i just installed atomic. I see no dolby digital sound settings, no cpu and gpu overclock and when I switch orientation twice in the main menu, everything becomes muddled up (bug). I basically am gonna be using my skate for some hd gaming, so I think I'm gonna safetly switch back to bluemonte.

Guest Dukelord

Back on bluemonte. installed samurai 2, tried starting, getting this error-->> the application Samurai II: Vengeance (process com.madfingergames.SamuraiIIAll) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Please advice.

Guest painkiller_93

Back on bluemonte. installed samurai 2, tried starting, getting this error-->> the application Samurai II: Vengeance (process com.madfingergames.SamuraiIIAll) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Please advice.

I think it requires armv7

Guest Dukelord

So it means I can't play it on the Skate? tillaz once posted a youtube video of him playing Dead Space HD on the skate. Is dead skate not armv7? I heard of a graphics emulator plugin called chainfire. will it work on this scenario?

Guest painkiller_93

So it means I can't play it on the Skate? tillaz once posted a youtube video of him playing Dead Space HD on the skate. Is dead skate not armv7? I heard of a graphics emulator plugin called chainfire. will it work on this scenario?

Dead Space works on armv6 devices, it also worked on ZTE Blade. There is no way to get armv7 apps working on armv6 devices

Guest PedroVader
new version nearly finished... its looking good

not liking the new windows 7 OS kind of preferd vista lol

Really? Hated vista, it was as bad as WIN ME (yes I'm that old!) Too system hungry, none of my gear ran vista well, all great on 7, and windows 8 works better than 7 on my 5 yo lappy.

Guest dibbles

Really? Hated vista, it was as bad as WIN ME (yes I'm that old!) Too system hungry, none of my gear ran vista well, all great on 7, and windows 8 works better than 7 on my 5 yo lappy.

I suppose it is what you are used to. Any GUI can take time to adapt. Any WIMP interface has to be better than using the syntax of DOS. I even preferred the Amiga Workbench to the equivalent of what the PC's had in that time, around 1985.

Guest Wacky.ddw

New version of this is gonig to have better cpu profaramce than bluemonte, new drivers for the gpu & themed to look like Ics... blutemonte may get the same update... not sure when though as im selling the device very soon (December)

Nooo :( Why are you selling the device? Everyone will lose support for the best roms on the OMC... So the next update will be the last then?

Will flashlight be supported?

yes, & its mostly from stock ICS wink.gif

Judging from the time of that post, you're hard at work getting it done ;)

Particularly if it's going to be the last version would you consider doing a De'odexed version of it, so that others can modify it and add RTL language support etc, and possibly adding cache redirection to either SD or TMPFS (Ramdisk) out of the box so that it'll work better with those that have repartitioned their Skate's to 2mb cache.

Thanks for all your work on this.

ok.. so there woz going to be 2 versions, deodexed & odexed, but now i think i will just stick with deodexed versions only...

odexed roms are kind of restricting to wot you can actually do to them...

not to keen on the new ics notification sounds...

hopefully this will be up before 12 wink.gif

Edited by tillaz