[ROM][GEN1-2-3] Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie RLS9 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

Sorry to bother you, KonstaT, but it seems that problem I encountered while trying to add new contact ending in "android.process.acore" fc'ing is universal - it happens everytime I want to add new contact any way. I tried to delelete all my contacs and the restoring them from .vcf backup, but that endeded the dreaded acore force closing. So now I am basicly left without any contacts and ability to add them. The only thing I hope to find out is if my problem is isolated by means of any user of this rom trying to add a new contact. Anyone willing? :)

Are you using the CM7 dialler/contacts or have you installed the ZTE dialler/contacts add-on? If you installed ZTE dialer add-on, did you do a full wipe? Adding new contacts works just fine for me. There is nothing much I can do, because I can't reproduce this in my phone. All I can recommend is full wipe, it should work just fine after that.

It also might be worth checking that you have set up your google-account properly. First thing it asks me when adding new contact is under which account it will be created (I have couple of accounts).

Guest KonstaT

And can anyone say if the bug of green led still buggin' in rl3?

It's a small kernel bug and it isn't fixed in RLS3. Still happens to some people sometime, but doesn't bother me much...

I can build you a kernel that has a red LED sticking problem instead of green, if you prefer that. ;) But seriously, I'm looking into a actual solution/fix for this problem and it requires some editing to the kernel source code. And when I edit this code, GPL license requires me to release this source code too. Setting up github or whatever is a bit of a hassle too. We'll see if (how soon) it gets fixed and released.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest Cyclothunder

It's a small kernel bug and it isn't fixed in RLS3. Still happens to some people sometime, but doesn't bother me much...

I can build you a kernel that has a red LED sticking problem instead of green, if you prefer that. ;) But seriously, I'm looking into a actual solution/fix for this problem and it requires some editing to the kernel source code. And when I edit this code, GPL license requires me to release this source code too. Setting up github or whatever is a bit of a hassle too. We'll see if it ever gets fixed and released.

I would prefer blued led but this phone doesn't have that colour tongue.gif just kiddin'!

Will try this rom now biggrin.gif

Thanks for your work.

Are you using the CM7 dialler/contacts or have you installed the ZTE dialler/contacts add-on? If you installed ZTE dialer add-on, did you do a full wipe? Adding new contacts works just fine for me. There is nothing much I can do, because I can't reproduce this in my phone. All I can recommend is full wipe, it should work just fine after that.

It also might be worth checking that you have set up your google-account properly. First thing it asks me when adding new contact is under which account it will be created (I have couple of accounts).

Thanks for reply, KonstaT. I have installed ZTE dialler/contacts add-on, did full wipe beforehand. As far as I can tell, my Google account was set up properly, exact same way as after previous ROM flashing. I have only one account set up on the phone. Maybe some non-Latin characters in contacts might have corrupted the thing. Well, I'll probably never find out.

Anyway, it's flashing time for me :) Keep up the good work!

Guest n4tsuko

Try removing these three lines from your /system/build.prop. I think that should do it. :)

persist.sys.usb.switch_pid=0x1354

persist.sys.usb.linux_pid=0x1350

persist.sys.usb.default.pid=0x83

Or flash this with ClockWorkMod. M-MHMP-RLS3-USB-Debugging-fix.zip http://www.mediafire...nxkkui8n8j4ocf8 MD5:C399CE0F48A937E439051916937501CC
You're a champion ;) It works perfectly now thank you very much
PS:

With your updater-scipt : install aborded:

show_progress (0.500000, 0);

.................................................. blank line

ui_print ("Installing ...");

(I do not know if the blank line or name too long

So I modified the two

I delete the blank line  and I renamed the. zip with a shorter name ( 

M-RLS3-USB-Debugging-fix.zip) 

show_progress (0.500000, 0);

ui_print ("Installing ...")

and install succesfull 

Guest KonstaT

You're a champion ;) It works perfectly now

thank you very much

Glad to hear it works. At least I have now some fixes for the next release (when ever that will be). ;)

Strange thing with that updater-script/package. I did try it and it installed without problems for me.

edit. Downloaded, checked MD5, flashed again without any problems.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest MidaMilunk

I wanted to test, if the phone can survive a day with full 3G enabled... Well, I think the answer is: NO. I have switched 3G data on (only calendars and contacts are syned for two boxes). At 7:00 battery was on 81%. At about 9 I have turned 2xbattery ON... now it is 11:15, the battey is at 55%, and I have switched 3G off. MEanwhile I have used the phone for a few minutes for navigation (google maps with traffic) and reading some news - I think some 10-12 percent battery alltogether.

It was very similar, or even worse using CM7-N220plus.

Is it normal, or my battery is just dying? Without data, it can (I guess) work for 3-4 days - depends heavily on actual phone usage.

Does it depend on the actual kernel? Is it worth to try the original one?

Edited by MidaMilunk

Guest KonstaT

I wanted to test, if the phone can survive a day with full 3G enabled... Well, I think the answer is: NO. I have switched 3G data on (only calendars and contacts are syned for two boxes). At 7:00 battery was on 81%. At about 9 I have turned 2xbattery ON... now it is 11:15, the battey is at 55%, and I have switched 3G off. MEanwhile I have used the phone for a few minutes for navigation (google maps with traffic) and reading some news - I think some 10-12 percent battery alltogether.

It was very similar, or even worse using CM7-N220plus.

Is it normal, or my battery is just dying? Without data, it can (I guess) work for 3-4 days - depends heavily on actual phone usage.

Does it depend on the actual kernel? Is it worth to try the original one?

No, that doesn't sound normal. You can use this app to see if there is something keeping your phone awake:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1179809

Might be also worth checking your CPU governor settings. Make sure you haven't selected performance or lagfree governors (those tend to keep the CPU freq high). I recommend using SmartAssV2 or ondemand governors.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest Hataka_Fuusen

Hello,

This ROM works perfectly, thanks KonstaT ! But I have a problem with the keyboard, i can't remove the suggestion feature !! In GO SMS app i always have suggestions when i'm writing a sms. Please can anyone give me the solution for this problem. I look at all options and settings.

Thanks

Fantastic ROM, but with a couple of problems on my OLED Blade.

First, the camera & camcorder don't seem to work at all - just a black screen.

Second, twice today, the notification bar has completely disappeared - followed by apps with notifications FC'ing, then everything hanging. Had to pull the battery both times.

Has anybody else had either of these issues?

Other than that, I love this ROM.

Guest ThrashMan

Sorry to bother you, KonstaT, but it seems that problem I encountered while trying to add new contact ending in "android.process.acore" fc'ing is universal - it happens everytime I want to add new contact any way. I tried to delelete all my contacs and the restoring them from .vcf backup, but that endeded the dreaded acore force closing. So now I am basicly left without any contacts and ability to add them. The only thing I hope to find out is if my problem is isolated by means of any user of this rom trying to add a new contact. Anyone willing? :)

RLS3 lets me add contacts ok.

Guest MidaMilunk

No, that doesn't sound normal. You can use this app to see if there is something keeping your phone awake:

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1179809

Might be also worth checking your CPU governor settings. Make sure you haven't selected performance or lagfree governors (those tend to keep the CPU freq high). I recommend using SmartAssV2 or ondemand governors.

Well, I check regulary the sleeping state by pressing the home button. I consider the phone sleeping well, if it keeps sleeping when pressing any other than the power button. I'm going to check the app you have recommended, thanks!

The current governor is interactiveX...

Guest Cyclothunder

Just installed this rom a few hours a go and i've got the same problem as cm7.1. Wifi turns off when screen is off after a some minutes.

I've set the policy to "never".

When i installed the rom i wiped everything. Am i the only one with this problem in this rom?

On cm7.1, some people question the same thing so i thought it was rom related. sad.gif

Another question, is it possible to use a partition to install apps. I know i can choose to "move to sd card" but on cm7.1 i had install the app S2E that can mount the partition i have on my sd card. I've tried this but with no success. Any tips about this?

Edited by Cyclothunder

Just installed this rom a few hours a go and i've got the same problem as cm7.1. Wifi turns off when screen is off after a some minutes.

I've set the policy to "never".

When i installed the rom i wiped everything. Am i the only one with this problem in this rom?

On cm7.1, some people question the same thing so i thought it was rom related. sad.gif

I have the opposite situation, which is quite strange...

As I understood, WiFi on the Blade has the hardware limitation - the connection cannot be maintained by no means while the phone is in deep sleep (deep sleep being the state in which the screen cannot be turned on by Home, Menu and Back buttons). Thus, it is not ROM related...the only way to have the WiFi constantly on is to prevent Blade from going into the deep sleep, and there are many apps on the Market built to this purpose. This workaround takes heavy toll on battery life...

Yet, somehow the WiFi stays on for me always, even if the screen cannot be awakened by lower buttons (sometimes, it can be brought on by "Back"...this is random situation, I cannot figure out any pattern for this behaviour). I have no WiFi lock apps active... Strange... Is something preventing Blade from deep sleep?

can we use uot kiutchen with this rom??

Yes. You can use it with all ROMs. You need to extract and upload framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk from the ROM (or the theme you wish to base your changes upon) then play with any settings you fancy in the kitchen, submit it and install.

Edited by nrev

I've just tried MMHMP RLS3 but I am getting the same issue that I got with GSF (B19-B27) and BM 2.4 with the network operator ID being stuck on my home provider's name when roaming. I posted about this in the other ROMs' threads but I'll paste it below for convenience:

I'm running B27, but I have had this issue as long as I can remember on GSF (I started around B19). I am on T-Mobile and the network operator is always shown as "T-Mobile" on the lock screen, even when roaming on Orange in the UK. I have also been roaming in two different EU countries recently and no matter to which network I was connected it always displayed "T-Mobile" on the lock screen.

I have tried an Orange SIM in my phone and it shows "Orange" on Orange and "Orange T-Mobile" on T-Mobile. I have also tried a foreign SIM here in the UK and it correctly displays the name of any of the UK networks it roams onto. So it only seems to be an issue with T-Mobile SIMs. I have even tried a friend's T-Mobile SIM to rule out a possible issue with my specific SIM card but GSF still shows "T-Mobile" on the lock screen when on Orange. I installed Phono and this correctly shows the roaming network operator name with all the SIMs, including the T-Mobile ones.

I don't get this with SS5 or CM7, just GSF.

Is any one else seeing this when roaming with T-Mobile? Any ideas for a work-around?

Any ideas?

Guest KonstaT

Hello,

This ROM works perfectly, thanks KonstaT ! But I have a problem with the keyboard, i can't remove the suggestion feature !! In GO SMS app i always have suggestions when i'm writing a sms. Please can anyone give me the solution for this problem. I look at all options and settings.

Thanks

Apparently you can't. In CM7 keyboard there is option to disable suggestions. This ROM has stock android keyboard to which I added dictionaries and layouts. Why do you want to disable it anyway? It doesn't auto-correct or do anything annoying. You can always use some keyboard from the market instead.

Fantastic ROM, but with a couple of problems on my OLED Blade.

First, the camera & camcorder don't seem to work at all - just a black screen.

Second, twice today, the notification bar has completely disappeared - followed by apps with notifications FC'ing, then everything hanging. Had to pull the battery both times.

Have you installed the stock kernel add-on? I think it kills camera for anyone else but newer Libra owners.

Have you installed any themes/add-ons that are not made for this ROM? I think notification bar disappearing is most of times related to bad SystemUI.apk. Normally this shouldn't happen. Wipe and reinstall (check md5).

Another question, is it possible to use a partition to install apps. I know i can choose to "move to sd card" but on cm7.1 i had install the app S2E that can mount the partition i have on my sd card. I've tried this but with no success. Any tips about this?

Darktremor a2sd is included in this ROM. If you have ext partition on you sdcard, your apps are already automatically installed to sd-ext.

Guest Lemolabass

It doesn't auto-correct or do anything annoying. You can always use some keyboard from the market instead.

In fact it does auto-correct and that can't also be turned off. And it is very annoying, this problem was not on earlier releases? But yes, installing another keyboard solves it.

Guest MidaMilunk

- I have also experienced a camera - black screen problem. But it has gone with two exit/start again loops.

+ Usually it works with no problem, uptime is now more than 60hrs [quite a lot for me :) ]

+ Bluetooth is very quick, and do not have to enter the "0000" for the Nokia car set! Sounds very good, I wonder if it can work with different, but identically named car sets as well! It is a problem for all the ROMs I have tried until now.

I did a battery calirration, and changed governor to smartassV2, IO sched to BFQ (what is the recommended one?) Going to try the 3G performance again, but not today. Also I have lowered the update frq for Beautiful widgets... it was one hour anyway, I do not think it is in connection with the heavy drain while using mobile data. Also deactivated Latitude.

How can I take a look what is actually using the data, and more interesting: what did use it?

Guest KonstaT

In fact it does auto-correct and that can't also be turned off. And it is very annoying, this problem was not on earlier releases? But yes, installing another keyboard solves it.

I guess I had some data left from the time it still had CM7 keyboard. Maybe I should wipe too. ;) Cleared data for the keyboard and it does indeed auto-correct. That is very annoying. I'll see what I can do.

Edit. auto-correct will be disabled in next release.

Edited by KonstaT

Have you installed the stock kernel add-on? I think it kills camera for anyone else but newer Libra owners.

Have you installed any themes/add-ons that are not made for this ROM? I think notification bar disappearing is most of times related to bad SystemUI.apk. Normally this shouldn't happen. Wipe and reinstall (check md5).

I haven't installed any add-ons or themes and I did a full wipe (system/cache/dalvik) before flashing.

Also, I set the governor to Smartassv2 last night and the battery went from 88% to 0% in 7 hours (airplane mode, sleep). I'm going to keep watching this thread because I like the rom, but I've had to revert to Swedish Spring for now.

Keep up the good work, and I'll be having another try when I'm not relying on my phone as much as I am right now.

Guest KonstaT

Updated to RLS4.

Moldovan-Mile-High-Mountain-Pie-RLS4.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?5shvxedwo16mkm6

MD5:7B4BBDDC96F51817DFEDC3E47A0CD165

Vanilla version:

Same as above, except:

-no circle battery mod

-no notification power widget

-no power menu reboot options

-no transparent notification area

-no CRT screen off animation

-default wallpaper

Please don't ask for add-ons to add this or that combination of the above features, I'm not going to make any.

Moldovan-Mile-High-Mountain-Pie-RLS4-Vanilla.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?9tbsm4ylju4mtcg

MD5:3957A5382697A5FA3BF449085F1F17C1

RLS4 changelog:

-new kernel (see kernel info section in the first post)

-fixed problem with stuck green LED (fully working notification LEDs)

-fixed default proximity sensor values (fewer users have to calibrate their proximity)

-fixed usb-debugging problem

-disabled auto-correct from keyboard

-replaced FM-Radio (thanks to andorko)

-few other tweaks

Guest MidaMilunk

I have flashed RLS4 over RLS3 (wiped only Dalvik cache) - so far so good! Detailed reports later :)

Edited by MidaMilunk