MEDION P4310 (ZTE SKATE) Android 2.3.5

Guest Wacky.ddw

Guest cryoglobe

for the A Gps patch .. it's not helping on my case ... ( fear it's a hardware issue )

That's why I really wants to re-install a stock rom ...

by the way der_floo ... thanks for the link ... but I think you wanted to say : "aldi ZTE Medion" ( instead of "aldi ZTE verdion" ) right ?

I'll try the stock rom .. if my gps issue is still there

If yes , I'll have to send my Smartphone to the Medion support !

and for this ... I'll have anyway to re-install a stock rom .... at least

( I'm not sure I'll be able to resize the partitions to the original size and remove the clockworkmod )

-- edit --

First trial is not that good ...

MD5 mismatch when trying to "restore" it :(

-- edit 2 --

I retry the download ... to be sure , but always the same error

Then I found another file : GB_BEL_MEDION_P743V1.0.0B02-update_signed.zip that seems to be a file to install with "install from zip"

But .. when trying to install the recovery , there is also an error

assert failed: write_raw_image("/tmp/recovery.img", "recovery")

E:Error in /sdcard/GB_BEL_MEDION_P743V1.0.0B02-update_signed.zip ( status 7)

Installation aborted.

Anybody with a good idea to get this re-installed ?

Edited by cryoglobe

Guest C3C0

You should check the partitions. Looks like you have repartitioned memory. Use tpt helper from market. Note that after you restore stock from backup you'll have to still reflash the stock recovery. They won't be very happy seeing clockworkmod there :)

Easier would be to use stock tpt.

Guest cryoglobe

oups ... I think I'm even more in troubles ..

I used TPT Helper to set back the partition ( v2 ) , which means the less space for data & max size of system .. ( but I think it's not yet the "original sizing )

As I still had the two errors ( Md5 mismatch , and assert failed )

I wanted to restore my backup to have a working phone for the day ... restore successfully done .. but at boot time it's stuck on the "Medion" first screen

If I press the down key when I power on the phone , the luminosity of the screen ( medion ) is increasing then go black and is showed again and I hopefully can reach clockworkmod ...

What next ?

-- edit --

I found an older backup on my SD ... that successfully installed ( as the other ) but this times .. could boot correctly

Is the boot blocked because of the boot.img or the system.img ? I could then try to restore my normal backup and do an advance restore to overwrite the boot or system file from the backup that fully boot.

Edited by cryoglobe

Guest cryoglobe

hello guys ... my return "label" to send back my Medion Skate to Medion is only valid two weeks ... and already 5 days over !! 5 days trying many roms , partitioning , etc ... to get back a "stock Medion Skate"

But ... still block ... and even sometime with issue to restore a backup I did some time ago

TPT Helper could indeed help me to resize the partitions , but I still have the same error ( assert failed: write_raw_image("/tmp/recovery.img", "recovery")

But out of the 4 choices for the partitions , I think there is not the original sizing of the partitions ( right ? )

Do you have tip & tricks to help me to successfully "reset" as out of the box , the skate so I can send it to the Medion support ?

Kind regards

Edited by cryoglobe

Guest cryoglobe

HERE ARE THE LINKS LINKS FOR THE MEDION P4310

GB_BEL_MEDION_P743V1.0.0B02 (Thanks to v1pEr and me)

This is complete stock, flash trough ADB.

LINK: http://min.us/mTDUBIpFa#1o

Hello

I'm a bit suprise ... the file is a rar , but when I have to use adb .. it's always stating a zip !

I decided to unrar and create a zip with the files , but the flash is failing I have this error :

E:Unknown volume for path [sDCARD:name_of_the_zip_file.zip]

E:Can't mount SDCARD:name_of_the_zip_file.zip

Installation aborted

Do I missed something ?

Guest Der_Floo

Hello

I'm a bit suprise ... the file is a rar , but when I have to use adb .. it's always stating a zip !

I decided to unrar and create a zip with the files , but the flash is failing I have this error :

E:Unknown volume for path [sDCARD:name_of_the_zip_file.zip]

E:Can't mount SDCARD:name_of_the_zip_file.zip

Installation aborted

Do I missed something ?

do you flash it via ClockWorkMod or via adb?

Edited by Der_Floo

Guest cryoglobe

I tried both ... and even via the windows tool "ADB Made easy"

I must miss something ... I should really find a stock rom for the medion , but TPT .. I could install it via the "normal" menu in android

Do you have the adb commands to use ... so I can retry with those commands and be sure It's still not ok , or it is ok :)

Edited by cryoglobe

Guest tillaz

I tried both ... and even via the windows tool "ADB Made easy"

I must miss something ... I should really find a stock rom for the medion , but TPT .. I could install it via the "normal" menu in android

Do you have the adb commands to use ... so I can retry with those commands and be sure It's still not ok , or it is ok smile.png

flash this http://files.podtwo.com/roms/stock/zte/skate/

its stock medion with stock recovery partition.. flash via recovery like a normal rom

Guest cryoglobe

which one ( there is a long list ) : GB_BEL_MEDION_P743V1.0.0B02-update_signed.zip ?

edit : must be the good one ... yes .. as it's the only one with "Medion" :)

edit 2 :

it's failing because of the "assert failed : write_raw_image("/tmp/recovery.img, "recovery")

E:Error in /sdcard/GB_BEL..........zip

(status 7)

Installation aborted

Someone told me it was because of the partition size .. .Indeed it's not the one as out of the box .. but it's anyway to one with the more space for system out of the 4 tpt available ... but is there a specific partition size for the recovery that is touched when installing the CWM ?

But .. I maybe have another alternative ... My mother in law comes today and she has a Medion not "touched"

What adb command should I run to take a backup of her rom ?

What adb command should I run to re-install it on my phone ( and what other tasks to do .. before if any needed )

What can I do to check the sizing ( on her phone ) of the cache , system , data ... partitions

I'll use TPT Helper to create a Custom tpt to resize my phone with those initial values

Regards

Edited by cryoglobe

Guest tillaz

which one ( there is a long list ) : GB_BEL_MEDION_P743V1.0.0B02-update_signed.zip ?

edit : must be the good one ... yes .. as it's the only one with "Medion" smile.png

edit 2 :

it's failing because of the "assert failed : write_raw_image("/tmp/recovery.img, "recovery")

E:Error in /sdcard/GB_BEL..........zip

(status 7)

Installation aborted

Someone told me it was because of the partition size .. .Indeed it's not the one as out of the box .. but it's anyway to one with the more space for system out of the 4 tpt available ... but is there a specific partition size for the recovery that is touched when installing the CWM ?

But .. I maybe have another alternative ... My mother in law comes today and she has a Medion not "touched"

What adb command should I run to take a backup of her rom ?

What adb command should I run to re-install it on my phone ( and what other tasks to do .. before if any needed )

What can I do to check the sizing ( on her phone ) of the cache , system , data ... partitions

I'll use TPT Helper to create a Custom tpt to resize my phone with those initial values

Regards

yes, some of the TPT's on this http://www.modaco.co...zte-skate-tpts/ page have smaller partitions for boot and recovery

if i remember right option 2 is the only one with stock sizes for boot and recovery (5mb)

so it should work if you use option 2 in the link above

Guest tillaz

Hello again

It's the option I used before trying to install the Tom.

So something else must be blocking...

open the rom.zip

delete the recovery.img

go to > META-INF/com/google/android

open updater-script with notepad++ (anything else will brake it)

delete this

ui_print("Writing recovery partition...");
format("MTD", "recovery");
assert(package_extract_file("recovery.img", "/tmp/recovery.img"), write_raw_image("/tmp/recovery.img", "recovery"), delete("/tmp/recovery.img"));
[/CODE]

this will let you install the rom, then you can install the stock recovery via the first post on here

you may need to re-install clockwork recovery since trying to flash the rom would have formatted the recovery partition before failing

Guest cryoglobe

When waiting your reply, I tried this .. but with pspad .. and not deleting the recovery img file before recreating the zip archive ... but I got some error ( I do not remember by hard )

I'll try again with notepad++ ( i have to download it somewhere ) ... and without the recovery.img in the new zip

edit:

Same effect ...

Finding update package

Opening update package

Installing update ...

Installation aborted

Edited by cryoglobe

Guest cryoglobe

Ok ..

I'll try again with the modif you did in the Meta.inf

It's zipping the new archive ... result as edit in 2 minutes

edit .. same "Installation aborted" ... with your Meta.inf

Edited by cryoglobe

Guest cryoglobe

It's really not working, despite several trial ....

I should maybe come back to the option with the phone of my mother in law ...

Do you have some tips / commands ,etc ... to extract the rom as is ... and inject it to my phone ?

( adb , or CWM ... ) ?

Edited by cryoglobe

Guest tillaz

Ok ..

I'll try again with the modif you did in the Meta.inf

It's zipping the new archive ... result as edit in 2 minutes

edit .. same "Installation aborted" ... with your Meta.inf

are you unziping the rom?

you should just open the rom.zip then drag and drop the folder into it, unzipping it will brake it

Guest cryoglobe

then .... it's a broken archive ....

I'll try with a direct "touch" of the zip ... (never tought this way could be possible )

Guest cryoglobe

Hello Tillaz

Indeed , it's a bit better that way .. but ... yes it's not yet ok

It's now complaining about the splash.img

Same error ... "assert failed : package_extract_file("splash.img", "/tmp/splash.img ) ...

Should I also remove that splash.img from the zip and from the script as for the recovery ?

Guest tillaz

Hello Tillaz

Indeed , it's a bit better that way .. but ... yes it's not yet ok

It's now complaining about the splash.img

Same error ... "assert failed : package_extract_file("splash.img", "/tmp/splash.img ) ...

Should I also remove that splash.img from the zip and from the script as for the recovery ?

yes, remove the code rom updater-scrip and delete the splash.img

Guest cryoglobe

I have to find a way to edit the script from within the zip ... 7zip seems not to edit the file as this ... unless I extract the file , modify it with notepad++ and copy / paste it directly into the zip ?

Guest tillaz

I have to find a way to edit the script from within the zip ... 7zip seems not to edit the file as this ... unless I extract the file , modify it with notepad++ and copy / paste it directly into the zip ?

yeah, 7zip wont let you edit the file inside the archive, thats why i use winrar.

but you can you just drag and drop the script out of the archive, edit it then drag it back inside

Guest Redstarr1

Yes, you can take stuff out off the zip and back in. But you can't take everything and make a new zip, that wouldn't be flash-able.

Why didn't you just flash the 4 images with adb-made-easy? Did that give error? just following now. Going to send my phone back as well in a few days. Got some sand behind the screen and it's bugging me. Anyone else got sand behind their screen?