An interesting tablet about which everyone is confused

Guest simonta

Guest MikhailM

Simonta's . He must be on their payroll :D

Perhaps the hardware improvements bear the hallmarks of a richardmlea design given they've pilfered newbe5s work too dry.gif

This is rather unfair to Simonta. He has been a regular and useful contributor to the Build 9n forum! The lady who posted the MEFOX sales pitch on various threads is another matter ....

+1

Simonta has been a great friend to Vega owners. Check out Audi and all his other valued contributions. People should do some deeper reading before commenting like this. I say a correction is warranted.

Guest Monleyfish

+1

Simonta has been a great friend to Vega owners. Check out Audi and all his other valued contributions. People should do some deeper reading before commenting like this. I say a correction is warranted.

+1 from me too, Simonta is a real asset to us Vega owners, piss him off at your peril coz he comtributes 1 billion times more than he takes (ps I gotta stop over exaggering, but you get the drift lol)

Guest IanTurner

Hmmm Emoticons seem to be overlooked :P (Click on lisaxu and you'll find he's on their friends list)

Anyway the admission that they're using vegacomb sinks them

Edited by IanTurner

Guest MikhailM

I have sent several requests for infortation to MEFOX about this tablet (Advent Vega 2), but recieved no reply - perhaps you can clarify for me and others -

1) Is the Honeycomb 3.2 an offical Google version, or is it Vegacomb 3.2?

2) Does it have full 3G support?

3) What is this comment about a protective cover - do they mean the rear panel, or a cover for the front glass screen?

4) How long is delivery to the UK?

5) How long does the battery charge last - how many hours?

I have now recieved replies from all three re-sellers of this tablet, which would appear to be in fact a Shuttle N10CN12 announced at an exhibition in May. The OS is apparently our beloved Vegacomb 3.2 (without credits being given to the Team, which has developed it!). Battery life is claimed to be 6 hours of playback. The protective cover is in fact the back panel of the tablet, which appears to be textured.

Sorry - this is somewhat of a repeated message, but it does contain some more infortation.

Edited by MikhailM

Be interested in checking this, but I don't think they are using VC if I'm being honest. I have an N10 (*cough*) and it has a "Beta" 3.2 ROM on it. This ROM isn't VegaComb, but unfortunately it also isn't very good right now, and needs a lot of work :P The 2.2 ROM that I also have for it works great though. I would be interested if MyeFox are using a variant of VC that works better than the one I have, unfortunately I haven't been able to do much work on the tab as of yet as the charger I have does not work correctly (and the battery life appears to be terrible :P). If anyone gets one of these please shunt me a ROM dump so I can see if it's different to the one I have!

newbe5

Guest simonta

Simonta's . He must be on their payroll :D

Perhaps the hardware improvements bear the hallmarks of a richardmlea design given they've pilfered newbe5s work too <_<

Despite the emoticons and feeling no need to respond, I will defend my integrity.

I have no idea who LucyXu is. Unfortunately, the forum accepts friend requests automatically and once in your list, I can find no way to remove them. I've rectified this by changing the setting so that I must accept requests.

I have no connection with this tablet or anyway selling it and I would never be involved in spamming or direct sales on this forum. I simply bumped into the ad and thought it interesting enough to post for discussion. Having learnt that they've ripped off Team NewCo, I've changed the topic title to make it clear that this is NOT Vega 2.

'nuff said except to thank those who supported me with such kind words.

Edited by simonta

Guest MikhailM

Be interested in checking this, but I don't think they are using VC if I'm being honest. I have an N10 (*cough*) and it has a "Beta" 3.2 ROM on it. This ROM isn't VegaComb, but unfortunately it also isn't very good right now, and needs a lot of work :P The 2.2 ROM that I also have for it works great though. I would be interested if MyeFox are using a variant of VC that works better than the one I have, unfortunately I haven't been able to do much work on the tab as of yet as the charger I have does not work correctly (and the battery life appears to be terrible :P). If anyone gets one of these please shunt me a ROM dump so I can see if it's different to the one I have!

newbe5

The various re-sellers of the tablet answered that the OS was Vegacomb 3.2. Obvously, Newbe, you are better placed than anyone to say that it is not (I quessed that you already were playing with the N10). I expect that the re-sellers did not really know and used the VC 3.2 to mean any unofficial HC OS.

Simonta, whether this is Advent Vega 2, or not, really depends on Dixons (or rather the parent company) and on whether it is the tablet they buy to sell as the AV 2 (with whatever OS they decide).

Guest IanTurner

Using the Vega reference is probably a trademark infringement and should be taken as a dodgy sign in itself of an attempt to lure in the gullible though chasing a bunch of chinese resellers would probably be a waste of resources. Unless information on a tablet gets beyond the dubious merits of a shop description into the realms of actual verifiable data it's not worth discussing. This tablet didn't even have an identifiable manufacturer before Newbe5s speculation.

Guest MikhailM

Simonta,

Perhaps you should change the title of this thread again, as after all (and despite the answers given to me by the three resellers) Newbe says the tablet he has been palying with does not in fact have Vegacomb 3.2, but a beta version of Honeycomb.

Clearly, we will not know, if this is in fact the Vega v2, until Dixons announce the new model, if ever. If and when it appears in this country we will also know what OS it comes with and whether Vegacomb or a newly ported ICS will run on it. The table does appear to have a number of attractive features (elsewhere Newbe commented that the screen was very good). Battery life is uncertain - Newbe writes above that it appears terrible (but he seems to have a faulty charger). The resellers claim 5 and 6 hours of continious video playback. We will know, when and if it arrives. I for one will not order one from the resellers to find.