[ROM] StreakDroid GingerStreak 2.4.4 RELEASE R1

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest richardstreak

I seem to be getting tearing( like a vsync off issue) when scrolling down the screen in landscape, I particularly notice it in tweetdeck but also does it in the browser.

Anyone else seen this ? any solution?

Guest mingonn

Anyone else having FCs with the mail app (not gmail)? I am on exchange and it looks like its a new mail notification which causes the FC. I read somewhere that it worked in 2.4.3 and someone had copied the email .apk over to 2.4.4 which fixed it. Any suggestions?

That and a laggy gallery are my only issues, no other problems in two days, battery use is about the same compared to stock 2.2.2 for me, might give setCPU a go now my Streak is rooted.

Cheers

Derek

Guest boonkui

Anyone else having FCs with the mail app (not gmail)? I am on exchange and it looks like its a new mail notification which causes the FC. I read somewhere that it worked in 2.4.3 and someone had copied the email .apk over to 2.4.4 which fixed it. Any suggestions?

That and a laggy gallery are my only issues, no other problems in two days, battery use is about the same compared to stock 2.2.2 for me, might give setCPU a go now my Streak is rooted.

Cheers

Derek

I fixed Exchange Email FC by extracting from GingerStreak 2.4.1. Just replace /system/app/Email.apk.

Guest mingonn

I fixed Exchange Email FC by extracting from GingerStreak 2.4.1. Just replace /system/app/Email.apk.

Thanks boonkui, that sounds easy enough. Will give it a go, hopefully Steve will have it fixed in the next version.

Derek

Guest Azurren

those of you suffering from wifi problem or/and sleep of death, remove "pm.sleep_mode" from your build.prop. it worked for me.

Worth a try I guess :unsure:

Guest niallmoran

I could not get my dealextreme streak cable to charge/sync with PC/Car charger after upgrading to 2.4 (onwards). Is that normal?

Did not see this issue on dell supplied cable though :(

Anyone had this same issue? can it be fixed? kernel update?

Any help is much appreciated...thx

I've had this since i updated to GB - both the el-cheapo dealxtreme cable in the car (which worked before) and the deal extreme cradle won't charge....the cradle kinda works in USB mode but not very reliably. I might downgrade and see if it is related to the GB rom but at the moment i'm loving the new rom...especially the CRT animation (i'm sad, i know) :D

Guest (InsertNameHere)

Regarding Chainfire 3D, its the beta driver install that kills GPS, the standard driver will work with GPS, waiting to see if Sleep of Death effects me, i am sure it will

Guest Coxeroni

Bad news - Camera doesn't work. As mentioned in a few comments before, camera preview just displays a white screen, camera seems to work, if seems to take pictures, you just can't see what you are taking a picture off till the picture is saved.

I had the same issue, reflashed because of it. After reflashing the white screen was gone. I restored all apps via appbrain market and now the camera shows the white screen again.

Can you not use it as a phone at all or are you getting an error when you call the phone app from the Dell dock?

I can use the phone app, but not the Dell dock one. States application not installed! I am having issues with the email app force closing issue as stated by others, I did try to use an older email.apk and I still have the same issue and email notifications (vibrate, display in title bar do not work.)

Guest kimheong

I've had this since i updated to GB - both the el-cheapo dealxtreme cable in the car (which worked before) and the deal extreme cradle won't charge....the cradle kinda works in USB mode but not very reliably. I might downgrade and see if it is related to the GB rom but at the moment i'm loving the new rom...especially the CRT animation (i'm sad, i know) :D

Darn..i just bought another new DX cable..thought that my old one was damaged :(

Anyway..will update again if the new one works :( crossing fingers... :)

cheers...

Edited by kimheong

Hello guys. I have 1.9 streak droid on my streak and im really happy. Looking forward to try this one. Any suggestions before I will go for this release or just fallow installation process from first page?

Guest Spencershaun

I just follow the instructions from the 1st page its all i did & a tested all the betas from 1.9wink.gif

Hello guys. I have 1.9 streak droid on my streak and im really happy. Looking forward to try this one. Any suggestions before I will go for this release or just fallow installation process from first page?

Guest Chris Cullen

Hey guys, I am really tempted to go GB, but I have been changing roms like mad since I've had my phone and I am currently on the retail dell rom (360) and I'm kinda happy with it and I've promised myself no more factory resets for a while :). So my question is, apart from a few snags (and no rom I've used is without them) what are the main reasons to upgrade. In other words, what will the update give me that I don't have now?

I've used simplestreak, streakdroid 1.8/1.9 o2 eclair/froyo and retail. Any feedback will be much appreciated !

Guest Azurren

those of you suffering from wifi problem or/and sleep of death, remove "pm.sleep_mode" from your build.prop. it worked for me.

No idea about the sleep of death (Never experienced it) however Wifi still has its issue

Guest mellojoe

I use the Deal Extreme cable for my work PC and it does a decent job. If your Streak battery is very low, I have had troubles with the Deal Extreme cable charging. I use the DELL cable at home for full battery charges. The Deal Extreme has caused crashes on my Streak from time to time when I plug it in, so it is only used sparingly. I just don't trust it. Sure, it was cheap, but I would not recommend it as a primary cable.

No idea about the sleep of death (Never experienced it) however Wifi still has its issue

Same with me, just tried the trick: no use, didnt help.

Anyone suggestions how to resolve the tearing in scrolling larger wabpages and documents without using cpu-vsync?

gostl

Guest nystreak

I'm still getting FC's with stock email app. Its also not giving me any notifications. Does anyone know what email.apk is working and where i can get it?

Guest amcolian

All the people who have camera problems.

Kindly mention the following...

1) What options did you choose for install.txt?

2) Did the camera not work from first reboot?

3) Did you use titanium backup to restore apps/data?

4) If yes to question 3, did you restore system apps/data?

For me, I chose arabic, zeam, bios for install.txt

didn't check camera on boot

used titanium backup for restoring apps/data including system data!

Also try dalvik wipe and cache wipe to see if it works

Another thing to try is to clear camera data and then run fix permissions

All these are suggestions on other threads (not dell streak related) that people have suggested and they work for some people.

Lets get active and help the DJ here!

Guest mbmapit

I have downloaded fastboot but when I put my streak in fastboot mode and connect to my pc it says it is in fastboot mode but when i double click fastboot.exe it literally opens then immediately disappears. Any help would be much appreciated. :(

Excellent!

Release Candidate already :D

Recommended procedure:

1. Flash the Stock recovery for your version
    360 recovery (Retail): http://mirror2.strea...60/recovery.img
  2. Flash the latest PKG
    360 PKG (Retail): http://mirror2.strea...60_17397_00.pkg
  3. Allow the device to boot once
  4. Flash StreakMod recovery
  5. Flash AMS and DSP1 from the OP
    Note: These are different from previous 2.3 builds
  6. Flash GingerStreak 2.4 RC
  7. Wipe Data / Cache (StreakMod)
  8. Wipe Dalvik Cache (StreakMod)
    Under "advanced"
  9. Perform a Dell Factory reset
    Option 1 in recovery BEFORE entering StreakMod
  10. Allow the device to boot

Guest amcolian

I have downloaded fastboot but when I put my streak in fastboot mode and connect to my pc it says it is in fastboot mode but when i double click fastboot.exe it literally opens then immediately disappears. Any help would be much appreciated. :(

Put the recovery file, the amss file and dsp1 file in the same folder that has the fastboot.exe

place the .zip file on the SD CARD on your phone along with install.txt file that has the options you want

after that open command prompt on your windows (goto "start", then click on "run", then type "cmd")

then goto the folder you have the files in (like e:\folder)

then type "fastboot -i 0x413c flash recovery recovery.img"

then type "fastboot -i 0x413c reboot"

when it is screen goes black, keep both volume buttons pressed until you see recovery mode... go to update.pkg option using volume buttons and then choose it using camera button

goto install .zip file and then choose the .zip file

after this is done, reboot the device and goto fastboot mode again

then go to your command prompt window and type "fastboot -i 0x413c flash amss amss.mbn"

then type "fastboot -i 0x413c flash dsp1 dsp1.mbn"

again when it is rebooting, goto recovery mode with both volume buttons pressed and then goto update.pkg option...

now clear cache and dalvik cache

then choose reboot

again when rebooting, come to recovery mode with both volume buttons pressed

then choose factory reset (first option)

now let the streak reboot normally

Hope that made it easier

don't forget to thank please

Guest Technomenon81

Well, there is a pretty noticeably difference in power management (battery life and task management) which translates to an overall general smoothness. Also, coming from the AT&T locked version of the Streak (bloatware included), Gingerbread is more aesthetically pleasing. I don't consider myself a power-user and this current development of Steve and Fards is pretty damn stable for an RC rom. If you can get past the snags and the occasional FC's and hard crashes, I think you'll like it much more then stock. I know that I have no intention of returning to it.

Hey guys, I am really tempted to go GB, but I have been changing roms like mad since I've had my phone and I am currently on the retail dell rom (360) and I'm kinda happy with it and I've promised myself no more factory resets for a while :). So my question is, apart from a few snags (and no rom I've used is without them) what are the main reasons to upgrade. In other words, what will the update give me that I don't have now?

I've used simplestreak, streakdroid 1.8/1.9 o2 eclair/froyo and retail. Any feedback will be much appreciated !

Edited by Technomenon81

Guest Azurren

Put the recovery file, the amss file and dsp1 file in the same folder that has the fastboot.exe

place the .zip file on the SD CARD on your phone along with install.txt file that has the options you want

after that open command prompt on your windows (goto "start", then click on "run", then type "cmd")

then goto the folder you have the files in (like e:\folder)

then type "fastboot -i 0x413c flash recovery recovery.img"

when it is screen goes black, keep both volume buttons pressed until you see recovery mode... go to update.pkg option using volume buttons and then choose it using camera button

goto install .zip file and then choose the .zip file

after this is done, reboot the device and goto fastboot mode again

then go to your command prompt window and type "fastboot -i 0x413c flash amss amss.mbn"

then type "fastboot -i 0x413c flash dsp1 dsp1.mbn"

again when it is rebooting, goto recovery mode with both volume buttons pressed and then goto update.pkg option...

now clear cache and dalvik cache

then choose reboot

again when rebooting, come to recovery mode with both volume buttons pressed

then choose factory reset (first option)

now let the streak reboot normally

Hope that made it easier

don't forget to thank please

The cmd command for selecting the folder is cd. Example: cd C:\Dell Streak\GingerStreak

I find its much easier to create a batch (.bat) file in your fastboot directory (folder) and paste the above code into it (Then you don't ever have to type anything / get anything wrong)

You can easily make a batch file by saving a text document as name.bat (With "All files" selected in the second box)

Have two separate ones, one for recovery and one for AMSS / DSP1