Official Gary Crutcher's ROM Discussion Thread

Guest Lancez

Guest Gary Crutcher

Here's another mod courtesy of [email protected]. (For XWLP9/DXLP9 only)

It allows you to hide the statusbar clock or just hide the AM/PM.

2 items are added to Date and Time menu.

This mod replaces your Settings.apk and SystemUI.apk files.

Use CWM to install.

Screenshots (Will have the green checkmarks, not blue):

post-557795-0-63742400-1336304141_thumb.post-557795-0-61130900-1336304157_thumb.post-557795-0-00520300-1336304169_thumb.

APK:

DXLP9_HideClock_Mod.zip

XWLP9_HideClock_Mod.zip

Edited by Gary Crutcher

Guest Malteser

Hi,

Is anyone else getting random reboots with this ROM? I installed this ROM on mine and a friends SGS2, and we are both getting random reboots.

I have followed the instructions to the letter as always, and only this time it is happening. In my case I have restored the DATA from a nandroid backup, but my friends was a completely new install so I cannot understand what's happening.

Guest Gary Crutcher

Hi,

Is anyone else getting random reboots with this ROM? I installed this ROM on mine and a friends SGS2, and we are both getting random reboots.

I have followed the instructions to the letter as always, and only this time it is happening. In my case I have restored the DATA from a nandroid backup, but my friends was a completely new install so I cannot understand what's happening.

Which ROM? I have posted many ROMs.

If you are referring to DXLP9, I am using the one I posted and have had no problems nor have I heard from anyone else that they are having problems.

What were you doing when it rebooted?

Guest Malteser

Which ROM? I have posted many ROMs.

If you are referring to DXLP9, I am using the one I posted and have had no problems nor have I heard from anyone else that they are having problems.

What were you doing when it rebooted?

Yes - I am referring to the DXLP9. I never had any issues with the other versions. And the funny thing is that I would not be doing anything at all when it happens. I only notice because i hear the tone while it reboots.

Same thing happens to my friend's fone but once it did not reboot, it just got stuck. He had to remove/replace the battery to turn on the fone.

Any logs I can check to see what's happening?

Guest Gary Crutcher

Yes - I am referring to the DXLP9. I never had any issues with the other versions. And the funny thing is that I would not be doing anything at all when it happens. I only notice because i hear the tone while it reboots.

Same thing happens to my friend's fone but once it did not reboot, it just got stuck. He had to remove/replace the battery to turn on the fone.

Any logs I can check to see what's happening?

Hmmm...how long after you turn on phone does this usually happen?

Have you tried flashing the ROM and not restoring anything just to make sure it is a problem with the ROM and not an application you have restored/installed?

Guest Malteser

Hi Gary,

The reboots are quite random - maybe once or twice a day - can take hours between reboots - even after its been over 8 hrs on. And the fone works perfectly with no glitches while its on.

My friend's fone had nothing restored - it was a clean installation.

i can send you logs if you tell me where I can find them.

Cheers

Mark

Edited by Malteser

Guest zeflar

im on LP9 . installed yesterday and getting random reboots totaling about 9 so far. happens at random. Will probably be going back to a recent backup....

Guest Lancez

I don't know what happened to your phone, but I've had best experience with Gary's DXLP9. Make sure you flash stock ics rom first then flash Gary's rom. And always, I mean always do a factory reset after flashing. There are a lot of things can cause reboot. I haven't had any on his DXLP9 since it's release date.

Guest Malteser

Downloading the DCLP3 ROM now. Hopefully the reboots issue is resolved.

Gary, FYI, the Gdrive link is down.

Any idea when a 4.04 ROM is available? I tried a Nexus Galaxy port and I loved the interface. Pity the ROM was incomplete and some parts not working. But 4.04 is a lovely interface and a definite improvement over 4.03

Edited by Malteser

Guest Malteser

barely 4 hours after installation and I got my first reboot! I cannot understand what's happening. Is definitely the ROM because in the few days I was using the F1 Galaxy Nexus I did not get a single reboot.

Any ideas?

Guest Malteser

I installed the SiyahKernel v3.2.1 maybe it solves my spontaneous rebooting problem.

will let you know how it goes.

Edited by Malteser

Guest skoda60

Using dxlp9 for many days with latest siyak kernel 3.2.1 never encountered any problem. Great job Gary. Trying restoring from my Turbey ROM V37(XWLA4) cwm backup set as shown. After restored all my programs worked as expected.

post-433401-133679479197_thumb.jpg

Guest Gary Crutcher

Using dxlp9 for many days with latest siyak kernel 3.2.1 never encountered any problem. Great job Gary. Trying restoring from my Turbey ROM V37(XWLA4) cwm backup set as shown. After restored all my programs worked as expected.

Thanks for the feedback.

Am trying to add more useful features as I find them. There are a lot of smart and talented people on the Internet, especially at xda-developers.com.

Guest Malteser

Quick update - I have experienced zero reboots using the SiyahKernel v3.2.1 The phone has been rock stable all this time.

I seem to have a proble with Data though. It does not seem to support 3G / HSDPA data, or if it does I cannot get my usual APN to work. Any ideas?

Guest Gary Crutcher

Quick update - I have experienced zero reboots using the SiyahKernel v3.2.1 The phone has been rock stable all this time.

I seem to have a proble with Data though. It does not seem to support 3G / HSDPA data, or if it does I cannot get my usual APN to work. Any ideas?

Well, happy to hear Siyah kernel worked for you. Some people using Siyah kernel still have reboots so every phone is not the same.

I have never had a problem with data, so you may have to manually input the APN informatiom.

If you want to try something - mostly because I had problems when I first switched to ICS - is to get back to your previous ROM, install HiAPN program from market (free), save your APN settings and restore new ROM and reset APNs using HiAPN. After I first used it, I have not had to use it again.

Now...if that is not the problem, first check in settings to see if you have an entry for data.

Guest skoda60

I used siyah 3.2.1 then 3.2.2 had no problem.

Your phone data problem, you can try to used titanium backup to restore diarer storage from your previous working cwm backup set. Hope it worked for you.

Guest skoda60

Your phone data problem, you can try to used titanium backup to restore diarer storage from your previous working cwm backup set. Hope it worked for you.

see the attached picture:

post-433401-133713459558_thumb.jpg

Guest Gary Crutcher

Thanks for that skoda60. I have not tried it with titanium backup but it's good to know it works.

Guest Gary Crutcher

Here is a link to a mod for XWLPD that allows Call Recording.

I have tested this on XWLPD and it works okay. You can playback the recording using the VoiceRecorder.apk application (Samsung stock app).

Make a backup BEFORE you install this.

The CWM zip file will replace the following files:

/system/app/Phone.apk

/system/lib/hw/audio.primary.exynos4.so

/system/lib/hw/audio_policy.exynos4.so

NOTE: It will be difficult for me to support this as I compared the original Phone.apk and this modified one and there are too many files which are different for me to know which ones got changed for this mod.

https://hotfile.com/...rd_Mod.zip.html

Guest Lancez

Call recording is standard feature for Chinese roms, it's been haxed due to some legal BS in other countries. Samsung has been doing this mod for a long time, I still remember this feature on winmo phones back the days. so we shouldn't have any problems with this, the only thing I can think of is the compatibility issue which was already proven working on LPD. Besides, it is an option so people can choose not to install.

Thanks for your time to make us a wonderful rom once again.

Guest skoda60

Thank Gary for your wonderful ROM. I stilled on dxlp9 ROM but can't resisted your new XWLPD ROM. Enjoying hotfile download.