My Rom: I8000NXJJ1 build 21916 rom with Transparent Taskbars

Guest bobfrantic

Guest bobfrantic

Hello Bob, just downloading your rom now :) in readyness for my B7610 which should be with me next week providing UK customs stop sleeping on the job. Will let you know how I get on with it :).

Cheers for sharing your rom.

Hi there, thanks for the interest. I not sure the rom will work on a B7610 as I haven't got one. It was made for the Omnia II GT-I8000 so flash at your own risk as I have no way to test it on your phone model. If you go ahead and it works, let me know, I am kinda curious LOL....

Guest mad_a_22

i want to try this sir but apparently i did not flash my phone for many months now..i forget how to flash... :(

this is my phone right now. and i need your ideas on how to flash properly.

PDA: I8000NXXJD3

CSC: I8000XEEJD5

PHONE: I8000XXJD1

not yet downloaded your file...should i flash all or only PDA and CSC or flash all to JJ1 OEM then use this room after?

Edited by mad_a_22

Guest bobfrantic

i want to try this sir but apparently i did not flash my phone for many months now..i forget how to flash... :(

this is my phone right now. and i need your ideas on how to flash properly.

PDA: I8000NXXJD3

CSC: I8000XEEJD5

PHONE: I8000XXJD1

not yet downloaded your file...should i flash all or only PDA and CSC or flash all to JJ1 OEM then use this room after?

Here is the csc, eb0, and phone.bin files for my rom. They are thanks to Jacob's rombuilder and work well with the rom I made. Hope this helps you decide. If you do flash your phone remember to do a hard reset to make sure all is up to date with the new rom and stuff.

DownloadHere

• 4 weeks later...
Guest FOLENPIED

Hello Bob,

Thank you for this ROM that works smoothly on my i8000.

This rom is well with my requirements ... except that I am French!

For Frenchify this one, I need the MUI files 040C ... can you tell me how to download or is there a lang pack for it? Excuse me for my English aproximatif and thank you in advance for your response.

Jacques

Guest longsin

Need to use the Samsung dialer...

I want to try, but I can not download in China, please upload to other, thanks

Edited by longsin

Guest huy_gm

Man I got some problems with sms and 3g

Message display number of unread messages, but empty when u get in.

Apparently I can't connect to 3g, it show H or 3g+ and then disconnect right away.

I will try to re-flash with csc, eb0 and phone.bin in post #28, by the way the link for this is wrong in the first post, it point to the same eb1 file.

sr for my english.

Guest huy_gm

ah nevermind, after flashing message part work again. However I need dozen times of rebooting and network config to make 3g work (seem like change operation other than my carrier, then change it back do the trick).

Guest bobfrantic

ah nevermind, after flashing message part work again. However I need dozen times of rebooting and network config to make 3g work (seem like change operation other than my carrier, then change it back do the trick).

yea, the reflash would do same as a hard reset after flashing... as for 3g, i never have used that so not sure how to fix, sorry...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Wonderful work this is, Bobfrantic!

I was just wondering if it is possible to flash the firmware in another language than English? I had the choice to pick Swedish in the CSC- file but it turned out to be English anyways.

Is there anything I made wrong?

Guest bobfrantic

Wonderful work this is, Bobfrantic!

I was just wondering if it is possible to flash the firmware in another language than English? I had the choice to pick Swedish in the CSC- file but it turned out to be English anyways.

Is there anything I made wrong?

Try flashing this csc

http://www.mediafire.com/?zspwjc3mwj5dx32

Hope it works. otherwise maybe good a full csc for nxjj1 rom... good luck and thanks

• 1 month later...
Guest tamas_kurti

Hi.

Firstly i would thank for this great rom. Its realy fast. Howewer i have a problem. I cant click the x button on top right. Always when i click that x-mark, it appears the context menu with connection, wifi, bt and other buttons. I must kill apps within task manager. Howewer when i install a program, i cant go further since i cant click the ok-button from top right of the screen. please help. thx.

Guest bobfrantic

Hi.

Firstly i would thank for this great rom. Its realy fast. Howewer i have a problem. I cant click the x button on top right. Always when i click that x-mark, it appears the context menu with connection, wifi, bt and other buttons. I must kill apps within task manager. Howewer when i install a program, i cant go further since i cant click the ok-button from top right of the screen. please help. thx.

Hi, have you installed a custom taskbar?

Guest tamas_kurti

Hi, have you installed a custom taskbar?

nope. that is what happens even after hard reset.

even after install that custom metro-style taskbar.

Even more: with all jj1 rom i have the same result (stock firmware, or custom fw)... maybe my screen need a replacement? :(((

Guest bobfrantic

nope. that is what happens even after hard reset.

even after install that custom metro-style taskbar.

Even more: with all jj1 rom i have the same result (stock firmware, or custom fw)... maybe my screen need a replacement? :(((

that may be the case then. I have used this rom since I made it and never had a problem with the "X" Question tho, are you using Quick menu? Or htc task manager? If so there are settings that activate the X to close the programs. But if this is happening with any rom you install, there may be indeed a spot on the screen that has lost its touch ability. Sorry I can't think of anything more to help. Hope you find out what is going on...

Guest Saeed1000

hello

I installed this rom and enjoyed it

its very fast

softwares are perfect

my csc work perfectly

unlock screen is fast

just start menu icons can be choosen better

and games icons in start are good but not in cube shortcut

Thanks alot

Edited by Saeed1000

• 2 weeks later...

I8000NXJJ1 build 21916 rom with Transparent Tasbars

First I want to thank JacobN for his rom builder and for the files to make the build 21916. Also to all the chefs on Modaco which helped me to learn about rom building. And to bobhero for the EzInput keyboard which I prefer over any other keyboard and the Sip menu changer .

I use this rom daily with no troubles. Lots of free ram always and most stable. I give the disclaimer that I am not responsible for anything that goes wrong though, you install this at your own risk. I made this for my own use, but have seen some who want transparent taskbars so thought I would share it is all. Enjoy.

Included in the rom:

Adobe Flash 2.1

EzInput Sip Menu Changer

(you need to go to this to activate the full keyboard in the EzInput 2.1)

HTC EzInput 2.1 Keyboard (with camera button fix)

Windows Live

Adobe Reader

Audio Note (Recorder)

Auto Rotation

Call Log

File Manager (My Files)

File Explorer

Fm Radio

Games

Java

Newer Main Menu

New Camera with date and time in file name

Samsung Photo Album

Calculator

Phonebook

Smart Converter

Smart Memo

Smart Sync

Samsung SMS-MMS

Samsung Task Switcher

Touch Calender (Schedule)

Touch Clock

Touch Player

You Tube

Office Mobile 2010

Security Off

Auto Close Patch

CeleTask

Rotate Left

Screen Capture

Soft Reset

NetCF 3.5

Transparent Taskbars

My own Start screen and welcomehead...

There is only the Windows Today UI in this rom, Chome and Samsung Today are removed. Also no Samsung keyboards. If any other program is not listed above it also is not in the rom.

Here is a screenshot after I installed a metro taskbar from XDA.... attached biggrin.gif (found it hehe)

post-746506-0-16813300-1321115238_thumb.

Here is the download link. I only have account with mediafire sorry, if anyone wants to mirror this go ahead.

Download Rom

PagePool is 6 meg which is plenty for the rom. On first boot there is about 95 megs free ram and 240 megs free space.

Remember to go to the EzInput Sip Menu Changer and select Full QWERTY keyboard.

One thing to do after flashing this rom, make sure to do a hard reset immediately to make sure there is nothing from the previous one you had on your phone still there. Thanks to Umpal for reminding some to do this but I felt I should add this to the first post. If you are not getting your sms or you see 2 message folders, then the hard reset will correct that. It isn't a fault of the rom but just how things work when flashing phones... always do a hard reset. cool.gif

Enjoy.... Its my personal rom and hope you like it!!

Let me know what you think, will appreciate any comments or suggestions (not that I can promise anything else LOL)

Here is the metro taskbar cab. It will be a bit different from my screenshot as I did a little bit of editing on a couple of the DLL files in it...

(if you want the dll files I edited, send me a PM and I will give them to you...)

MetroTaskbar.cab

biggrin.gif

And a thank you would be most appreciated....

I have a strange problem after using this PDA. My mobile never goes after screen alignment Its asking to tap the screen, but the target keeps on moving even after tapping for more than 10 times, nothing happens after that. I tried hard reboot and flashing it for more than 3 times, no luck. I used OCTANS to flash

Guest bobfrantic

I have a strange problem after using this PDA. My mobile never goes after screen alignment Its asking to tap the screen, but the target keeps on moving even after tapping for more than 10 times, nothing happens after that. I tried hard reboot and flashing it for more than 3 times, no luck. I used OCTANS to flash

Hmmm never heard of this one on my rom before. Did you also use the csc ebo file or just flash the pda. if that is case try flashing with the other files too from post 28, then do hard reset after flashing. hope this helps.

Edited by bobfrantic

Hmmm never heard of this one on my rom before. Did you also use the csc ebo file or just flash the pda. if that is case try flashing with the other files too from post 28, then do hard reset after flashing. hope this helps.

i tried that already, no help :( The hard reset, it needs after the phone reboot which does automatically after writing the images, right ?