[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest hugobosslives

Right, I switched back because

1) It has Gingerbread's music app

2) It freezes practically every app after a couple of days' use

3) It is totally slow.

Tilal, I'm sure you're really awesome and the ROM is really nice, I do love ICS, but I'm going to wait for it to become a little stable before using it again. Ice Armour III's Nandroid is going back on my Skate.

sorry. not in a harsh way. but i couldn't disagree more.

1) technically yes. but takes 30 secs to install google music and it works fine.

2) never had any reboots or freezes yet. the only apps that screw up for me are stock calculator (which i don't use, download scientific calculator from market) and gallery/videos.

3) again, mine is almost as fast as cm7 when i get apex/nova launcher on. (nb if you pick apex, install as a system app).

tilal keep up the good work. love this rom. once the little niggles are gone and browser/camera work you should submit to be an official cm9 device.

Guest eLJay

1) technically yes. but takes 30 secs to install google music and it works fine.

2) never had any reboots or freezes yet. the only apps that screw up for me are stock calculator (which i don't use, download scientific calculator from market) and gallery/videos.

3) again, mine is almost as fast as cm7 when i get apex/nova launcher on. (nb if you pick apex, install as a system app).

tilal keep up the good work. love this rom. once the little niggles are gone and browser/camera work you should submit to be an official cm9 device.

Those are the bits I'm waiting for then I will go CM9 and stay there.

Edited by eLJay

Guest PedroVader

I've had this on since the working camera release, so almost a week I guess. ONE FREEZE...NO REBOOTS!

Deep sleep has put my battery life through the roof(compared to what I used to get) 16 hours leaves me around 20% then its bedtime charging till morning.

Firefox nightly is my browser of choice, and I'm rock solid at 844 on the clock, can't see me ever going back below ICS.

+1 for Google Music, and +1k for Lalits work ;)

Guest tilal6991

Great news all round (almost) it seems.

Still same status as before but looking into some exciting areas which could lead to interesting results

(yes the above passage is deliberately vague...)

Guest plegdroid

looking into some exciting areas which could lead to interesting results

you did tease at the last change log, to undervolting the cpu? :)

Guest JThumar

Camera fully fixed, HW acceleration working, its official CM9 approved.......rolleyes.gif

Still same status as before but looking into some exciting areas which could lead to interesting results

Guest favod

I've having an issue with rom when I go to set a custom wallpaper from my gallery I can chose the picture but when I go to crop it I only get a black screen

Guest syst3m68

Not had any problems with this ROM at all.

The only problems i've had is with Nova Launcher, thinking about checking out Apex, anyone throw in a +1 for apex or nova?

I can use camera without preview. any word on Live Wallpapers? I love Phase Beam and Galaxy.

Guest plegdroid

Not had any problems with this ROM at all.

The only problems i've had is with Nova Launcher, thinking about checking out Apex, anyone throw in a +1 for apex or nova?

I can use camera without preview. any word on Live Wallpapers? I love Phase Beam and Galaxy.

Nova working excellent here, did have problem with apex, but have noted if using apex, it must be placed into system apps to work correctly..

Guest PedroVader

I'm a big fan of Apex, very tweakable app drawer, but as has been said, works better if its in the system directory.

Live wallpapers still a no go for me, as are the Beautiful Widgets weather animations, so I've gone back to Fancy Widget for my clock.

Still a great rom though, trying to convince the better half to have it on her blade, but with a grandchild around she wants a working video camera...all in good time :D

Guest plegdroid

I'm a big fan of Apex, very tweakable app drawer, but as has been said, works better if its in the system directory.

have you been able to get adw icons to size correctly with apex? as that was the only issue I have with apex :)

Guest JetKun

don't worry tilal, your work is top notch! Its just that I prefer totally stable roms, and the lack of flash, which iuse a lot, also swayed my opinion- just been informed of logcat. i have a nandroid of cm9, next time i flash it, ill get you some, you epic kid :)

Guest PedroVader

have you been able to get adw icons to size correctly with apex? as that was the only issue I have with apex :)

blink.gif?

adw icons?, nope you've lost me thererolleyes.gif, are you importing icons from adw theme packs?

All my standard Icons look fine, haven't tinkered with them at all ;)

Guest hugobosslives

i'll throw a +1 in for apex. spent alot of time with nova and apex and apex edges it for me.

much more customisation.

a quick way to install it on system is to long press it in titanium backup and choose the move to system function.

Guest plegdroid

blink.gif?

adw icons?, nope you've lost me thererolleyes.gif, are you importing icons from adw theme packs?

All my standard Icons look fine, haven't tinkered with them at all ;)

afternoon mate, yes apex, like nova, has the ability to use adw theme icons, Nova sizes them correctly but apex lobbs off alot of the icon, please see example s

:)

post-910238-133191590493_thumb.png

post-910238-133191593274_thumb.png

Guest PedroVader

afternoon mate, yes apex, like nova, has the ability to use adw theme icons, Nova sizes them correctly but apex lobbs off alot of the icon, please see example s

Cheers Dude, didn't know that..wahey, I learned somethin new!!! ;)

*runs off to play*

laugh.gif

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

What's that wallpaper? Me likey :)

Never mind, found it with google image search, neat trick

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa