[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest donarkaz

Hello!

I have a problem with this ROM, I was using link2SD without problems for 1 week now but suddenly yesterday whenever I try to laungh an app it comes up with an error message saying: "App isn't installed". When I launch Link2SD it does not recognise the second SD card partition (ext2 or ext3 - can't remember) and it's unmounted.

What do I do guys? Is is a common problem with this ROM and Link2SD? Shall I uninstall and stop using it? But I need it for the extra space it saves me...

Thanks

Guest trueno2k
Hello!

I have a problem with this ROM, I was using link2SD without problems for 1 week now but suddenly yesterday whenever I try to laungh an app it comes up with an error message saying: "App isn't installed". When I launch Link2SD it does not recognise the second SD card partition (ext2 or ext3 - can't remember) and it's unmounted.

What do I do guys? Is is a common problem with this ROM and Link2SD? Shall I uninstall and stop using it? But I need it for the extra space it saves me...

Thanks

I've never come across this problem myself but I'll try and help with my current know how ;)

My suggestion is to uninstall Link2SD first, reboot Skate, reinstall Link2SD, launch it, see if it asks for setting up the ext partition, and if it does then set it up, reboot again, then once fully booted, launch Link2SD, then in menu / more / relink apps ( I think but not sure as I'm using S2E as I have now have app2sd for ext4 support setup now ) and hopefully it will install the apps stored on the ext partition back onto you Skate... However, you may need to re-setup the apps data as they may have been reset back to stock app settings... hope this helps?!?...

Guest donarkaz

@Donarkaz Have you tried recreating mount scripts?

Menu>more

I tried recreating the mount scripts : Mount script cannot be created. mount:Invalid argument. ext3 may not be supported on your device. Try FAT32 on the second partition.

I'm sure I created an ext2 or ext3 partition in the first place and it used to work.

@trueno2k I'll try what you mention mate, thanks

Guest cooler11

Hav' U installed AW on SD? If so flash the latest build again and put the apk of AW to system/apps then U can delete trebuchet :)

Do I have to make once again flash latest zip? I hope not.

Do you mean put the apk of ADW Launcher in system/app? I cannot paste any apk there, system do not let me do it. So how can I put it there?

If I do it, the I should delete trebuchet apk there, and the next time I boot, I will get in ADW Launcher?

Guest donarkaz

I've never come across this problem myself but I'll try and help with my current know how ;)

My suggestion is to uninstall Link2SD first, reboot Skate, reinstall Link2SD, launch it, see if it asks for setting up the ext partition, and if it does then set it up, reboot again, then once fully booted, launch Link2SD, then in menu / more / relink apps ( I think but not sure as I'm using S2E as I have now have app2sd for ext4 support setup now ) and hopefully it will install the apps stored on the ext partition back onto you Skate... However, you may need to re-setup the apps data as they may have been reset back to stock app settings... hope this helps?!?...

Same thing happens still after your suggestion mate... No luck.

Any other suggestions guys?

Guest donarkaz

Well uhm I just use Rom Toolbox coz it allows me to move all apps to the SD.

this is a Monstrous app! It is like 10 apps in one!

I don't need it though, Link2SD is more than enough for me (I think), but only when it works!

Which other features have you found really useful in Rom Toolbox that you would miss if you had to uninstall it from your phone?

Guest trueno2k
Same thing happens still after your suggestion mate... No luck.

Any other suggestions guys?

Well, if that is the case, it looks like to me that you have a corrupted ext partition, I suggest backing up all the contents of FAT32 partition to you PC and recreate the ext partition!... HERE is a good guide to creating a ext4 partition which will help reduce the corruption reappearing... If however, you still get bad partition, it's probably a bad SDcard and you'd be better off buying a newer, better, more reliable one!... I'll google a few places to give you some good quotes for 32GB, I've seen some good offers lately ;) BRB...

Guest razzmataz1478

maybe huge release coming soon.... :D

i hope openmax will work

See here, we will have OpenMax video encoder/decoder in the next or a future release partly thanks to these guys

Edited by razzmataz1478

Guest plegdroid
maybe huge release coming soon.... :D

i hope openmax will work

well it's on tilals git :)

believe it's only omax stopping this becoming official cm9

post-910238-133649167266_thumb.jpg

Guest jul57640

See here, we will have OpenMax video encoder/decoder in the next or a future release thanks to these guys

i saw it ...just waiting tilal go back home :D

Guest plegdroid

See here, we will have OpenMax video encoder/decoder in the next or a future release thanks to these guys

iam under the impression that qcom have pushed to the 500 git, could be wrong though :D

Guest trueno2k

donarkaz, Here below are a few good branded microsdhc cards that are trusted, I have the samsung one and it hasn't failed me yet since December last year and they have reduced in price since I got one which is a bonus!...

Under 30£

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B00768ZRCA/ref=sr_1_11_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1336491302&sr=8-11&condition=new

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_6&products_id=110088

If you don't mind paying a little extra here is a link to the Kingston one which my cousin has ( which I bought him to replace his Lexar one - very temperamental these cards! )... At just under 39£ brilliant for a high quality microsd!...

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/32gb-kingston-microsdhc-memory-card-fast-class-10-including-sd-adaptor

2pence done!... ;)

Guest plegdroid

okdoki, battery feedback, not as good as the previous kernel, only came home with 39% battery left, on the previous kernel, came home with 70%,camera and preview are working though :)

post-910238-133649285093_thumb.jpg

post-910238-133649286678_thumb.jpg

Guest trueno2k
okdoki, battery feedback, not as good as the previous kernel, only came home with 39% battery left, on the previous kernel, came home with 70%,camera and preview are working though :)
Currently running C3C0s kernel and to me this is using a little more juice than the CFX 02/05 build is using, here is a screenshot for you viewers, tho, camera preview is working now, so I guess we have to just live with it for time being until Tilal comes out with proper fix update... Great job on the partial fix... Just thought I also say that i'm currently experiencing keyboard lag and screen flicker, will upload another vid for this issue... post-884799-133649322707_thumb.jpg An update to my issue with C3C0 kernel on 02/05 CFX build
Edited by trueno2k

Guest WiiSky70

The update supposdly coming today but i didn't see anything in the changelog yet :(

Also guys sorry for bother you and developers here who make soo hard the builds but im experiencing MMS sending problems in 02/05 build

Delete this (DOUBLE POST)

Edited by WiiSky70

Guest WiiSky70

The update supposdly coming today but i didn't see anything in the changelog yet :(

Also guys sorry for bother you and developers here who make soo hard the builds but im experiencing MMS sending problems in 02/05 build

Guest C3C0

No more deep sleep since I flashed the camera fix

AnyOne else ?

which one? The one i posted yesterday? Camera is no longer keeping the wakelock so this must be something else. It would be good to check with betterbattery stats