4 Apr Ir13 (IMM76D / 4.0.4 / CDMA + GSM): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest alanhsu

I did a full wipe! ... Just installed another ROM completely (after a full wipe), and about an hour later my phone rebooted :(

What on earth should I do now?

Strangely Nova Launcher is still on the phone even after a full wipe... I even tried a factory reset and its still there!! Can anyone help?

Is my phone broken?

Thanks

I used that superwipe script when I flashed ir12 from ir10 (forgot where I got it, but its around).

Everything worked. Maybe you want to try that.

Guest alanhsu

I checked all the dialer settings, I am not seeing any option to enable it.

By default, names don't come up as I spell them out using the dial pad.

I think the kitchen did not include cm9 dialer even though I selected it. Twice. I'll try the kitchen again.

I solved my own problem.

It turns out even if I am on ir12 already, I still need to wipe again if I want the CM9 Dialer to install successfully.

If I don't wipe (I used superwipe script), then it doesn't work.

Guest alanhsu

Your CM dialer is ok?

In my GNEX anytime FC, with EXdialer it's all ok...i don't understand...

CM dialer works, no FC.

I did do superwipe before flashing the rom.

Guest lollo1927

CM dialer works, no FC.

I did do superwipe before flashing the rom.

Do not blame the wipe, always, every time I install a rom, do a wipe of tut, including systems, data, dalvick, and battery.

I already had this problem with other rom, and reading on some forums, others have had the same problem ...

Edited by lollo1927

Guest beeboss

4.0.4 Source being pushed, Update maybe?

Completely agree! Devs said it includes thousands of bugfixes and Paul said that he will release next version when a big update from Big G rolls outrolleyes.gif So here we go againsmile.gif

Guest Puzzlegirl

Update with the changes from the official 4.0.4 in progress, watch this space! :)

P

Great! I was just looking at Twitter and thought your priority might be a petrol queue :-P

Guest zenkinz

Update with the changes from the official 4.0.4 in progress, watch this space! :)

P

can't wait Paul!

do you find the offiicial 4.0.4 any better than the leaked one?

Guest Jeff Bower

I know Paul's probably busy weeding through the official 4.0.4 release, but I wonder if he can do anything interesting with tablet mode. I played briefly with it by modifying build.prop to set the screen density to 160 and it looks like it could be workable and a nice change to the UI. I don't know if it was the lack of installing one of the tablet mods or simply a shortcoming of Nova launcher but the navigation buttons didn't appear so it's not very usable in the current state.

Then again, other than a nice YouTube app it doesn't buy too much so the level of effort vs. return on investment may not be favorable...

Guest reilly31

Been lurking around here for a while and have decided to Flash the rom on the first page. Did it about 25 minutes ago and its still on flashing colour's screen after booting up. How much longer will it take?

I had the same result. I am still trying to flash. I am a beginner and my phone was rooted the same way:)

I recopied the file to phone and flashed the rom a second time and all is well... but FB sync of course is not working as others have reported which is a bummer dry.gif Thanks for all the hard work Paul, keep it going it is much appreciated.

Edited by kudd

Guest jmagee

Ok managed to flash my phone, is there a way to have the new ROM flashed and have all my old stuff back at the same time?

Use titanium to restore apps and data from nandroid backup. Thats about as close as you can get.

Guest lollo1927

Guys, I tried to flash the new factory stock 4.0.4, and after a few hours I reflash my MoDaCo.

It seems that now works better, for example I do not have the problems I had with the CM Dialer, and the LED notification works perfectly ... what do you think, is it just my idea or what?

Edited by lollo1927

Guest PaulOBrien

Hello chaps. Just a heads up that now my One X review is out of the way i'm back on updating this... no rest for the wicked etc. :D

P

Guest Chad Cluver

Hello chaps. Just a heads up that now my One X review is out of the way i'm back on updating this... no rest for the wicked etc. :D

P

Woohoo! Can't wait Paul, I've resisted the urge to check out CM9 nightlies and such because this is just such a fast, stable, solid ROM.

Guest jmagee

Woohoo! Can't wait Paul, I've resisted the urge to check out CM9 nightlies and such because this is just such a fast, stable, solid ROM.

I have tried the nightlies and came back to this. I used to love CM but now love Pauls' ROM

Guest lollo1927

... i talked to my doctor and he told me that I absolutely have to flash a new MoDaCo rom on my GNEX ... help me ...

Edited by lollo1927

Guest Brembo109

Anybody here who has just the time and skill to make a great custombootanimation for the MoDaCo GNex rom? What do you think guys do we need something like this? The gingerbread modaco roms had there own and I would like to see one here :-)