ICS talks

Guest pier11

Well, personally tried to port MIUI MDPI to Pulse... tricky, framework problems, still in pre alpha, good news that at least the boot animation works...

If any progress will post. laugh.gif

just a (maybe stupid) thought...

pier11 - I remember your good old froyo reference rom ;) running without modification atop of ported kernel .32

shouldn't the same be possible with ICS for u8150, i.e. take their port, slim it to fit our system partition, and boot it with kernel .32?

Wouldn't be fully functional, but one could maybe get a first impression about how laggy the UI would be. If it boots at all...

edit: just saw you already posted exactly the same idea long ago. But I guess no one tried so far...

Edited by dr.flo

just a (maybe stupid) thought...

pier11 - I remember your good old froyo reference rom ;) running without modification atop of ported kernel .32

shouldn't the same be possible with ICS for u8150, i.e. take their port, slim it to fit our system partition, and boot it with kernel .32?

Wouldn't be fully functional, but one could maybe get a first impression about how laggy the UI would be. If it boots at all...

edit: just saw you already posted exactly the same idea long ago. But I guess no one tried so far...

No one, correct. People are lazy nowdays...

what ramdisk did you use for booting u8150-froyo? was it the ramdisk of u8150-froyo or cm6-pulse, or a modified version of one of those?

u8150 froyo, I removed broadcom driver from ramdisk to save space - dhl.ko (or smth like that - don't remember)

Edited by pier11

Is known, cm9 does not have device tree for us. It looks like was dropped among other older devices. But that should not prevent us trying :)

Couple of tutorials show how simple it is to add a new device (having it's device-tree of course).

Blade people initially used their CM7 tree just fine (see the first post of this thread).

How to Compile ICS (Ubuntu)

[Tutorial] Compile ICS on Ubuntu

Look at the second half - how to add HTC Hero device.

dtox125? dr.flo? anybody? :) Who will first compile cm9 for Pulse? Who will make a historical record? Look at pool in thread header - most people want ics

My dream for the weekend... Setup my compiling environment for ICS! (probably will make it functional earlier than altering framework for MIUI in alpha) laugh.gif

I just tried booting u8150 ics beta 3 rom. Doesn't boot. You get a fancy boot animation and that's all.

logcat output attached.

great attempt. It boots pretty far.

no obvious errors. Looks to me it waits for something. Not sure it is wifi. But u8150 uses broadcom driver, not atheros like us.

(Last time I observed something like like that was completely missed android subsystem in kernel :) But it was long time ago.) Probably dmesg complains on untracked pids...

Can you upload it please?..

Can you upload it please?..

There you are :)

ramdisk is unmodified, just kernel exchanged. deleted many apks, tts folder and some media to shrink it down. Maybe I picked something I shouldn't have touched...?

It should give you lot's of libdiag errors. I adb pushed libdiag.so from one of our roms into it, and the libdiag errors went away. Sadly I forgot which one. It must have been one out of CM7, CM6-clean, or u8150-froyo... (filesize is 17904)

Maybe it would be good to have a swap partition during boot? I don't have any. Maybe it just needs more memory...

Edited by dr.flo

There you are :)

It should give you lot's of libdiag errors. I adb pushed libdiag.so from one of our roms into it, and the libdiag errors went away. Sadly I forgot which one. It must have been one out of CM7, CM6-clean, or u8150-froyo... (filesize is 17904)

Maybe it would be good to have a swap partition during boot? I don't have any. Maybe it just needs more memory...

Thanks!

will try later today with swap partition :) I have 64MB :)

@tilal,

what is critical to change in current cm7 device tree to adopt it to just build for cm9,

thanks for your help, man!

Edited by pier11

Which means you have checked out ICS branch of CM and tried...? This is getting interesting...

did that already when published links to the tutorials above. It doesn't start the build, some misconfig.

I'm trying to build with our current device tree. The build system wanted 'ics' branch. So I cloned our current to ics (in my git)...

it neads more changes. but dont have the time to look into it.will do next week.i hope you will manage to compile it.

it definitely need. it's just a start to make it build.

Edited by pier11

Guest desalesouche

hi... if i follow that tutorial

How to Compile ICS (Ubuntu)

[Tutorial] Compile ICS on Ubuntu

adapted with that from pier

cd device/

mkdir huawei

cd huawei

git clone git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_huawei_u8220.git u8220

can i manage to create ics rom for huawei u8220/u8230?

where do i find the binaries for huawei u8220/u8230?

if somebody can help...thx :)

is there a link for the binaries?

Edited by desalesouche