Insufficent Space - help please

Guest jayneuk

Guest GedBlake

Feel like I've caused a bit of a thing :-( I'm just grateful to you all for trying to help.

Oh.. don't worry about it - just some friendly disagreement...

Enjoy VegaComb... it's a great ROM and it's good that you've got it up and running...

You will find me, in my more natural habitat, over at TABLETROMS...

But I will continue to post here, as long as I can be of service.

GED.

Hi, Newbe5...

" The app installation cache is on the SD card as standard on VegaComb "

" If you are just running VegaComb b9 u3 then this is not required, VC does this by default...."

- Newbe5 -

Actually... it isn't... and it doesn't... (and I hate to take issue with one of the wizards who gave us of VegaComb...)

I have tested this, as follows...

On a MODDED STOCK V2 ADVENT VEGA, and after performing a FULL WIPE...

I FLASHED <VegaComb_HC3.2_Build9n.zip> and <VegaComb_HC3.2_Build9n_update3.zip> in the same CWM session.

Rebooted into VegaComb... no problem...

My numbers are as follows...

SD CARD...508MB FREE/3.7GB TOTAL

SYSTEM CACHE...30.82MB FREE/32MB TOTAL

After running Areos script ( market_symlink(sdcard).sh ) via ScriptManager as ROOT & BOOT, and rebooting the Vega, my numbers are now...

SD CARD...508MB FREE/3.7GB TOTAL

SYSTEM CACHE...508MB FREE/3.7GB TOTAL

The SYSTEM CACHE is now MOUNTED on my SD card, as the above numbers attest (SD CARD=SYSTEM CACHE)...

Of course, non of this will matter if you don't plan on downloading anything (from Android Market) larger than the 32Mb default system cache that VegaComb offers.

GED.

Look, your absolutely right! Where in the hell did I break that? :/ lmao

I take it all back, it doesn't work by default :P I'm looking in to it now :P

newbe5

Guest gevans3342

Hello all

I've been following this with some interest. I've been happily using VC3.2_9n for a while and it's so good that I've actually been using the tablet rather than constantly tweaking (rather novel!!).

However the lack of full HDMI output plus the promise of extra space made me give the HoneyIce update a try. I must admit to finding the rather legthy install instructuction a pain, but got everything working and HDMI worked like a charm and the market cache was on the SD card .. hurrah !! .... all looked good.... but after sleep wifi did not reconnect. I tried lots of settings, but whatever I tried no joy. I know it's not a major thing to go into settings and turn wifi off and on again, but I'd got used to the vega just working.. So back to standard VC i've gone...

My question is: Where can I find the HDMI patch that you mention, Newbe5?

Guest jayneuk

Hello all

I've been following this with some interest. I've been happily using VC3.2_9n for a while and it's so good that I've actually been using the tablet rather than constantly tweaking (rather novel!!).

However the lack of full HDMI output plus the promise of extra space made me give the HoneyIce update a try. I must admit to finding the rather legthy install instructuction a pain, but got everything working and HDMI worked like a charm and the market cache was on the SD card .. hurrah !! .... all looked good.... but after sleep wifi did not reconnect. I tried lots of settings, but whatever I tried no joy. I know it's not a major thing to go into settings and turn wifi off and on again, but I'd got used to the vega just working.. So back to standard VC i've gone...

My question is: Where can I find the HDMI patch that you mention, Newbe5?

I've installed the Honey Ice thing and haven't had those problems you describe. It also wasn't a complicated installation - just put it on sd card and installed it. Wondering if I've done the wrong thing now lol if it's meant to be complicated.

Guest gevans3342

I've installed the Honey Ice thing and haven't had those problems you describe. It also wasn't a complicated installation - just put it on sd card and installed it. Wondering if I've done the wrong thing now lol if it's meant to be complicated.

I've looked again at the tabletroms page for honeyice and the instructions seem very straightforward. The ones I followed the first time involved loads of extra scripts and running a script in the hidden /data folder.

However, I've tried the current one and wifi still does not reconnect.. If anyone has any ideas on either the HDMI patch on VC3.2_9n or getting Wifi to work properly on honeyice, then I'd be most grateful !

Guest jayneuk

I've looked again at the tabletroms page for honeyice and the instructions seem very straightforward. The ones I followed the first time involved loads of extra scripts and running a script in the hidden /data folder.

However, I've tried the current one and wifi still does not reconnect.. If anyone has any ideas on either the HDMI patch on VC3.2_9n or getting Wifi to work properly on honeyice, then I'd be most grateful !

What security is your router using? I had to change mine to WPA to make it work properly.

Guest gevans3342

What security is your router using? I had to change mine to WPA to make it work properly.

Using WEP, but the problem isn't connecting, it's reconnecting after the tablet has been sleeping..

Guest jayneuk

Using WEP, but the problem isn't connecting, it's reconnecting after the tablet has been sleeping..

Yes, I had that problem. Try changing it wo WPA - worth a go.

Guest IanTurner

Does it connect on powerup or does it fail after sleep or powerup as apparently you have to enter the wifi settings before installing 3.2.7 (see richardmleas response to my query as to why he was doing this)

Does make it somewhat unportable if you have to do this everytime you want to use someone elses wifi.

Edited by IanTurner

Unless im missing something and not understaning this whole market cache issue ... in VC.3.2 build xxx we shouldnt need a large cache .. as we have

dalvik.vm.dexopt-data-only=1

in build.prop

if we dont have the space in /data/ then yes we will hit issues ... if there is enough space in /data then size is never an issue .. /cache is never used ...

Edited by Cass67

• 3 months later...
Guest Lestat1000

Apologies again, for my last post...

Something didn't quite go to plan using the STOCKBROWSER on VegaComb/HoneyIce Advent Vega...so here goes with Opera Mini.

-----------------

From the the HoneyIce thread...

Run this SCRIPT as Root (su) & Boot http://www.multiupload.com/RA80XE5EIO using ScriptManager ( https://market.andro...ptmanager&hl=en )

Reboot your Vega, and the Market download cache will now be MOUNTED on your SD card instead of the internal NAND.

And the size of that cache will be equivalent to the available free space on your SD card.

Take a look at the HoneyIce thread for more details.

GED.

Does anyone still have this script? The links here are no longer available :(