[ROM] Cyanogenmod 9 (Android 4.0.3)

Guest Zunex

Guest jeddy1

Found a problem with scandinavian keyboard. There is not the same symbols anymore. Can not use it anymore.

ok good dont use it :P

its not for everyday use

you could give 5 min to the first page though

that would explain many things to u

Guest CopBuster

For people who can't get superuser to work, and has DSP manager, and Gallery crashes, just hard reset the phone and download and install this tpt..

Partition layout: 38MB cache, 215MB system, 204MB data

Instructions are found here..

Flashing firmware to ZTE Blade/Libra via windows

Then flash the ICS rom , gapps, and flash 'Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed'

Its then done....

My device runs very smooth. No DSP manager crash, neither gallery crash, and of course I have full root access...

I overclocked my device at 729mhz using setcpu and it runs very smooth...

Hope it helps....:)

Guest jeddy1

What is "hard reset"?

hmmm full wipe :P

u dont have to do it

the TPT will do it for u so if u want to keep any data or apps back them up...

Edited by jeddy1

Guest chimas

What is "hard reset"?

Hahahaha, I remeber when I used to ask that question. Wipe data/factory reset. Best way of doing this is through clockwork recovery.

NOTE:

Every gets erased, setting, apps, basically everything goes back to the way it was when it left the factory.

On a different Note. Can People stop snapping when someone ask a question. Everyone here has done it, me included. If it's a topic already discussed then point the person in the right direction. And If you think you are asking a question already answered please search the thread and read the first post.

Edited by chimas

Guest jeddy1

i am just trying to help with information about problems in this rom. whatever.  

You are saying that u can't use it anymore because of the keyboard and I told u ok don't use it because its not for everyday use and u tell me smart ass! Isn't that a little ironic? You think the problem is the symbols of the keyboard? Well I'm saying no!!! I am waiting the Tom get more stable, more features and more things working and then I would go for the symbols of the keyboard if it would be necessary!!! I see you are newbie and I guess you didn't read any rules or any good big threads! We will all help anyone with what we can but plz this words say them at your house because as I said I am not ur friend or brother

Sent from my blade using browser :P

Guest hugobosslives

listen guys. please stop the pointless arguments. this is not what the cm9 thread should be full of.

this thread should be used to help people who want to run the latest cm9 alphas.

if you don't want to help someone, or think their post is stupid please just ignore their post.

thanks

everyone else, keep up the ICS enthusiasm for the blade :D

Guest CopBuster

What is "hard reset"?

Okay, what I meant was install the tpt (it will automatically hard reset your phone), and perform the remaining steps....

Guest ColdEmbrace

Is there a way one of the devs that frequents this thread can combine the ICS alpha the TPT to 160mb or 210mb plus gapps + su binary for those people that still seem to be having issues. This would render the amount of redundant post to a minimum due to the fact everything will completed at once and the likelihood of this screwing up is lowered.

Just a thought that might help those in need, didn't see it suggested already but sorry if it has been.

Guest chimas

Don't Know how much this will help but here, When I first downloaded the tpt flash files I got an image folder with two files in it. If you have this you downloaded the wrong thing. the working one should have more than that amount of files in it. Just thought I share as it drove me crazy while I was trying to flash the new partition.

And stop the bickering and banter, it seems there are people here with high bloods.mad.gif. Come now it's the New year. Eat some ice cream and chill out.tongue.gif

Guest Aurimas L.

I want to try this build. If my system layout has 128mb and if I make a backup with cwm recovery and then with tpt change size to 160mb will it be possible to restore backup without changing the system size againt to 128mb?

Guest B9Anders

This may be a stupid question, but I want through some pages without seeing an answer and I reckon I am not the only one wondering:

How usable is this for everyday use? Gallery and camera not working is no biggie for me. Facebook integration with my address book, 3G, wifi-tethering (to my non-3g tablet) and of course battery life are very important every day factors for me though. How does ICS meet those demands at the moment?

This may be a stupid question, but I want through some pages without seeing an answer and I reckon I am not the only one wondering:

How usable is this for everyday use? Gallery and camera not working is no biggie for me. Facebook integration with my address book, 3G, wifi-tethering (to my non-3g tablet) and of course battery life are very important every day factors for me though. How does ICS meet those demands at the moment?

I'm using it as a daily driver at the moment, it runs very smoothly, gallery is working for me. No camera or browser at the moment though. Facebook contact sync doesn't work at all but this is not a limit in the ROM, just ICS as a whole due to a dispute between google and facebook. Battery life is better for me then any other ROM I've ever run.

Guest brookergray

Just shut up and let the guys do their work. If you don't like it or you can make a better rom start a new thread and post it there. No one forces you to use this rom. So pls stop whining and annoy someone else.

Thanks for the update!

I'm not talking about the rom that this thread was made for. That's wonderful and real work. This guy on the other hand just added a few files that were already available and uploaded it as his own work, even going as far as iterating the version number, without any actual improvements.

Let me repeat this again: this wasn't directed at Tom G. the actual developer but to the guy whose post I originally quoted. Text comprehension is a really useful skill, you should learn it.

Your point of me shutting up and letting guys do their work is really badword up, because the guy I was complaining about didn't do any work.

Guest Amphoras

I want to try this build. If my system layout has 128mb and if I make a backup with cwm recovery and then with tpt change size to 160mb will it be possible to restore backup without changing the system size againt to 128mb?

It depends how much space you are using just now in the /data partition. If the space used now is more than the space available with the 160mb system layout, then you won't be able to restore your backup. If its smaller than the space available with the 160mb system layout, then it might work ok.