[ROM] Cyanogenmod 9 (Android 4.0.3)

Guest Zunex

As far as I know, Adreno 200 has no hw 2d acceleration. It's not exactly a graphics card, it's more like a graphics accelerator card, like the 3Dfx Voodoo 1 and Voodoo 2 cards in the '90s. It's not slow because Adreno is weak, but because it's not (fully) hw accelerated. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Sounds like it may be the case.

Anyway, it's good to fully understand how graphic - especially UI - rendering works in Android and that HW acceleration isn't necessarily a panaceum: https://plus.google.com/105051985738280261832/posts/2FXDCz8x93s

Guest adrien56

i've seen on xda that the desire has the hw accelration working now, so i just wanted to know if hardware acceleration is now possible on our blade or is there some parts missing ? we keep dreaming or not ?

i know i should not ask this question but i get exited about it

thank you

Edited by adrien56

Guest skywave

i've seen on xda that the desire has the hw accelration working now, so i just wanted to know if hardware acceleration is now possible on our blade or is there some parts missing ? we keep dreaming or not ?

i know i should not ask this question but i get exited about it

thank you

I dont really know what the other rom makers mean with "full" hw acceleration. What i can tell it that there is a hw accelerated user interface in the blade. I can also tell there are so many differences between the QSD8250 in the desire and the msm7x27 in the blade it isn't even worth comparing. Limiting factors that might (indefinitely) stop improving much to ICS on the blade are the kernel and compatible proprietary libraries that (in my opinion) have a very very slim chance to ever appear on armv6

Guest tilal6991

I've managed to get open gl acceleration - ie as full as you can get on the skate. I don't think it would be too difficult to get that onto the blade - my repo is ongithub.

Guest lupohirp

I've managed to get open gl acceleration - ie as full as you can get on the skate. I don't think it would be too difficult to get that onto the blade - my repo is ongithub.

hi tilial i'm lupohirp the developer of cyanogenmod 9 for lg optimus one :) i'm interesting in this....i've backported kgsl 3.0 drivers in kernel also added genlock support....now i've seen your github repo....i'm compiling with your changes but i have two questions : you haven't grabbed the new egl libraries from htc passion? and also these libs are compiled only for armv7???

Guest tilal6991

hi tilial i'm lupohirp the developer of cyanogenmod 9 for lg optimus one :) i'm interesting in this....i've backported kgsl 3.0 drivers in kernel also added genlock support....now i've seen your github repo....i'm compiling with your changes but i have two questions : you haven't grabbed the new egl libraries from htc passion? and also these libs are compiled only for armv7???

You don't need the passion libs - the adreno libs I've put up on the the repo works :). The passion libs are ARM7 only.

Guest lupohirp

You don't need the passion libs - the adreno libs I've put up on the the repo works :). The passion libs are ARM7 only.

Guest lupohirp

Yep.

my problem is that compilation doesn't call these libs :( i'm trying to force it but it doesn't work :( can you help me bout this? (sorry for going a while OT)...i've added BOARD_USES_QCOM_HARDWARE but nothing....

Guest tilal6991

my problem is that compilation doesn't call these libs :( i'm trying to force it but it doesn't work :( can you help me bout this? (sorry for going a while OT)...i've added BOARD_USES_QCOM_HARDWARE but nothing....

Try the command

mmm hardware/qcom/dislapy - what does it say?

Guest lupohirp

Try the command

mmm hardware/qcom/dislapy - what does it say?

after a full compilation it compiles fine but prolem is that some functions that are defined in qcomui.cpp are not recognized during compilation 'cause qcomui is not called ( surfacetexture and etcetc )...and linking to libqcomui.so is not working by these libraries :(

Guest tilal6991

after a full compilation it compiles fine but prolem is that some functions that are defined in qcomui.cpp are not recognized during compilation 'cause qcomui is not called ( surfacetexture and etcetc )...and linking to libqcomui.so is not working by these libraries :(

Ah - take a look at my frameworks/base repo on github - see what changes I've made there.

Guest targetbsp

Do you really want alpha 5? There's no reason to use it. The spinoffs from it have important fixes (ie the internet) and performance boosts. Burstlams RC5 from post 1 is probably your best bet.

Guest B9Anders

Do you really want alpha 5? There's no reason to use it. The spinoffs from it have important fixes (ie the internet) and performance boosts. Burstlams RC5 from post 1 is probably your best bet.

Thanks. What is the difference between the one linked in Post 1 and the one linked here. It's not really clear to me which version to go for.

Also, there are other spin-offs?

Guest targetbsp

There's an alpha 5 fix 2 linked in post 2 which is pretty much a stock alpha 5 with the internet patch and maybe something else I've forgotten but it's a pretty old version now.

The one in post 1 is RC5 so it should be newer than the RC4 you linked to. I dunno what changed.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Richard_Arkless

Hey guys it appears that RC5.5 is out

Google Translate

Days did not update, in fact, on camera, in fact, the entire transplantation have almost mortality. From the field on his way home before the Spring Festival, an airline checked baggage missing. Good Sibu Si inside the V880 with the compiler used in laptop computers ~ Although the airline still has a chance to find the heart of the Spring Festival time, seven eight off the upset ~ Fortunately, two days before finally received the good news and happy to take them home and give you one more good news. The biggest bright spot of the 5.5 version of the camera is connected (in fact, like luggage missing.) In theory be able to use the the CM7 camera function of the machine should be able to normal use. Can take pictures, but can not preview in the screen (rendering mode), so I put the version number is retained in the 5 Series. In addition, I have to A2SD built into ROM. Turned on by default. See the forum message that ZTE official promised to release the source code, I want to clarify: If the international version is the real source of the retail version of, Maximize the benefits of all individual hardware can not use the machine, can be the perfect running CM7. CM9 Frankly, the CM's official statement does not support 256MB machine, the the BNM machine can ultimately do so run smoothly and I can not confirm. If you own or her friends want to change a machine feel CM9 / ICS 4.0 Please select a minimum of ARMV7 architecture CPU, 512MB memory machines. The hard solution has been said before, I mean ADRENO chip library file. This part is not the resurgence can be determined. Fluency, a version of the update time, There are other machines of the same chip interface is relatively smooth, mainly because the screen resolution to the ICS system, the chip processing 800 * 480 was a bit difficult. The next time I will be in line with CM official, trying to open OPENGL rendering mode. This takes a little time to test and complete.

http://bbs.hiapk.com...984298-1-1.html

Download (Click the button on the right of the red button: http://115.com/file/c24o1ftj

Edited by Richard_Arkless