[Development][ROM] Stock FROYO + 2.6.32 kernel

Guest pier11

This sould be done in any case since our phone does not support automatic brightness, there is no sensor for it (as far as I know).

Just disabling this option does not turn leds on.

But maybe worth to flash u8150 rom once again and check if lights work there when disabling automatic brightness. If so, we would have to find out how to "port" that condition to um840... should be in ramdisk then...

not exactly ramdisk, u8150 kernel was from normal branch,

while I used compat-kernel on um840 to please cameras. That means it contain compat-hack for leds naming:

"button-backlight" -> "keyboard-backlight"I'd revert the hack, but we still did not figure solution what to change in cm7 to adopt it to normal froyo-kernel namings.

Guest lloco73

tested again the UM840 rom (allready rooted and app2sd)

replaced libloc_api.so and deleted libloc_api-rpc.so now gps is working but i noted that sattelite fixes are always changing, from 0/0 to 5/5 to again 0/0 and so on.

also i think that wifi suffers from the same as cm7.2 rom

for info with all apk moved from data/app to system space in use is 135,6MB.

tested again the UM840 rom (allready rooted and app2sd)

replaced libloc_api.so and deleted libloc_api-rpc.so now gps is working but i noted that sattelite fixes are always changing, from 0/0 to 5/5 to again 0/0 and so on.

also i think that wifi suffers from the same as cm7.2 rom

for info with all apk moved from data/app to system space in use is 135,6MB.

u8220 doesn't have such a big system partition... 110MB is max we can achieve.

I tried DT Apps2SD yesterday, but for some reason, it refused to move cache to sd and also refused to enable swap. (cm7 worked fine with the exact same sd card). Any ideas?

Edited by pier11

Guest lloco73

I tried a2sd yesterday, but for some reason, it refused to move cache to sd and also refused to enable swap. (cm7 worked fine with the exact same sd card). Any ideas?

yes, but i'm testing on U8230

not exactly ramdisk, u8150 kernel was from normal branch,

while I used compat-kernel on um840 to please cameras. That means it contain compat-hack for leds naming:

"button-backlight" -> "keyboard-backlight"I'd revert the hack, but we still did not figure solution what to change in cm7 to adopt it to normal froyo-kernel namings.

That commit you linked to is everything that toggles compat for sensors + leds?

Rotations works on latest um840 rom - does this mean you have replaced sensors lib there to accomodate compat kernel?

edit: no I guess you didn't need to, because compat kernel no longer contains sensors part of said commit... right?

Edited by dr.flo

That commit you linked to is everything that toggles compat for sensors + leds?

Rotations works on latest um840 rom - does this mean you have replaced sensors lib there to accomodate compat kernel?

edit: no I guess you didn't need to, because compat kernel no longer contains sensors part of said commit... right?

right I've reverted compat part for sensors in compat-kernel. That's why they work.

Edited by pier11

Guest lloco73

I tried DT Apps2SD yesterday, but for some reason, it refused to move cache to sd and also refused to enable swap. (cm7 worked fine with the exact same sd card). Any ideas?

for info i've managed to have root on the um840-20120213, added superuser, apps2sd and busybox but unfortanely for the U8220 people i think they don't have sufficient space on system partition(110,91MB is the used space). This huge need of space is due to the huge number of languages included on this rom, i think.

Guest desalesouche

for info i've managed to have root on the um840-20120213, added superuser, apps2sd and busybox but unfortanely for the U8220 people i think they don't have sufficient space on system partition(110,91MB is the used space). This huge need of space is due to the huge number of languages included on this rom, i think.

how did you root it? have you done that way ?

from dc flo?

I guess this method would work

http://www.pocketabl...oid-device.html

Edited by desalesouche

I tried some experiment with UM840 ROM and Keypad LED working :D

1. Replace boot.img UM840 with boot.img u8150

2. Change Setting - Display - Brightness (uncheck automatic brightness) just trigger to make keypad LED on

Edit

Back off when screen off :blink:

maybe we should edit build.prop or any file to configure to make (no automatic brightness) default on booting

sorry for my english

Tested that, leds turn on only after the toggle of screen auto-brightness,

but stay off after again. So not a solution.

Ascend have proper lights control. (dr.flo's mini-ascend rom for pulse is available somewhere in this thread)

It is controlled via build.prop, but something else is involved too. But it's weird - enabling it in build.prop disables WiFi hotspot option in menu.

Edited by pier11

were to find ideos x3 or any other compatible autoron.iso file?

here for example. Not x3 but just Ideos

but before that try instructions referenced in this my post.

desalesouche said the instructions worked for him. I use linux, can't test.

Edited by pier11

Guest mustafa_ale

Tested that, leds turn on only after the toggle of screen auto-brightness,

but stay off after again. So not a solution.

Ascend have proper lights control. (dr.flo's mini-ascend rom for pulse is available somewhere in this thread)

It is controlled via build.prop, but something else is involved too. But it's weird - enabling it in build.prop disables WiFi hotspot option in menu.

i found this on xda: we can try this

To enable the hard key lights to stay on while the screen is on and not timeout

ro.mot.buttonlight.timeout=0

Try disabling BLN if your having trouble getting this to work

my pulsa @home right now, cant try this script

Edited by mustafa_ale

um840-20120215.zip (download on the first page)

- video playback works

- cameras can record video

- gps works

- added superuser

I really enjoy watching and contributing a little to the progress we're making with that ROM!

One general question: How do you create your initial flashable zips from stock roms. Is there some tool to convert system.img into flashable zip? Maybe with option to (or not to) deodex?

Edited by dr.flo

Guest samnang

um840-20120215.zip (download on the first page)

- video playback works

- cameras can record video

- gps works

- added superuser

Thanks you! I can front camera feel so happy! and i can use yahoo video call with back camera but don't know how to switch to front camera! however, happy to use it! Thanks so much :lol:

sorry m poor in English!

Guest radodendron

Incredibly =) In 8230 everything is fine =) Just do not load the image at startup. Thank you for the work

Not enough support a2sd

I tried to put myself, but it did not

Sorry for English. I use a translator

Edited by radodendron

One general question: How do you create your initial flashable zips from stock roms. Is there some tool to convert system.img into flashable zip? Maybe with option to (or not to) deodex?

yes this one - dsixda's Android Kitchen

i used it with um840.

(i'd guess if apply to u8150, it'd make it better, and may be even help its radio work.)

yes this one - dsixda's Android Kitchen

i used it with um840.

(i'd guess if apply to u8150, it'd make it better, and may be even help its radio work.)

Thanks! I'm trying to understand this deodex and related stuff. Could it be that apps on /data/app didn't work in um840 rom because they were deodexed and not signed again? I've read from some other custom roms things like "deodexed and signed"...

Guest lloco73

Thanks! I'm trying to understand this deodex and related stuff. Could it be that apps on /data/app didn't work in um840 rom because they were deodexed and not signed again? I've read from some other custom roms things like "deodexed and signed"...

I also used dsixda's Android Kitchen

Moved the apps from data to system created the rom and after boot they are installed ok. Tested by me.

Guest lloco73

here for example. Not x3 but just Ideos

but before that try instructions referenced in this my post.

desalesouche said the instructions worked for him. I use linux, can't test.

Thanks but no thanks. usb mounting the sdcard is working.

what is not working is adb. adb remount gives me error: device not found

I'm using ideos drivers on Win 7 resolved:used old adb and now updated new from sdk

Edited by lloco73

I also used dsixda's Android Kitchen

Moved the apps from data to system created the rom and after boot they are installed ok. Tested by me.

Might just be that somehow system apps are not checked for valid signature since they are (normally) not modified and are thus "trusted" by the system regardless of signature?

Might just be that somehow system apps are not checked for valid signature since they are (normally) not modified and are thus "trusted" by the system regardless of signature?

it is interesting as theoretical subject,

practically though most of apps I placed to /data/app are available on Market. So either to replace the apps from Market, or just remove completely to give that option to install what needed to user. This is the way gapps packaged for gingerbread - only core is installed - the rest - go to Market.

... to give that option to install what needed to user.

That's what I would do for now.

But when I played with cm6-clean and only installed market app, I found that although market was fully functional, I could not install GMail from there - it would never show up in search results, while other google apps (Maps, Voicesearch etc) showed up.

Searching market in the PC shows GMail. Something in the phone prevented it from showing.

Edited by dr.flo

Guest desalesouche

i saw on this site http://www.androidvz...-basada-en.html that there is last rom by froyo for um840.... try to boot it on u8230 and i have

E:can²t symlink /system/xbin/su

E:failure at line 72:

symlink /system/bin/su SYSTEM:xbin/su

installation aborted.

anyway;may be it could help...don²t know for what yet :unsure: can dl it there http://www.mediafire.com/?1w2chwpcwgjhldo here is what it is said about his rom

esta Muy buena Ya viene con el FIX del multitouch ademas de tener un aspecto Grafico al estilo Honeycomb 100 % estable Deodexada y compilada Partiendo del UPDATA.APP con algunos Cambio en El Framework ademas les agregue algunos Tweaks para mejorar la velocidad fluidez y vida de la Bateria sin mas Que decir Aqui va:

• eliminado icono de datos de la barra de notificaciones
  • aumentada la velocidad de transferencia de la tarjeta SD
  • mejorado en un 50% el consumo de bateria con respecto a versiones anteriores.
  • mejorada calidad de fotos y videos
  • rápida y estable
  • se mantiene el mismo aspecto visual o framwork
  • pequeñas modificaciones en el kernel para mejorar rendimiento ( pronto kernel overclock a 710 Mhz)
  • nuevo bootanimation.
  • he agregado 3 aplicaciones para aumentar el volumen de los audifonos DSP manager, volumen droid ,y un reproductor de música con equalizador que te permite aumentar el volumen de los auriculares.

• - Jit Activado al Iniciar el Telefono
    - se agregaron algunos tweaks para Mejorar la estabilidad velocidad y Fluidez
    - mejora del Cosumo de Bateria.
    - no agrego el App2sd porque el Link2sd Funciona mucho mejor.

- Algunos Cambios en El FrameWork Ahora al Estilo Gingerbread
    - Mejorada Reproduccion de los Video HQ en Youtube
    - Se creo Un Icono al estilo Chrome como acceso directo al Navegar Para Sustituir El Neo Navegador
    - Se eliminaron Varias Aplicaciones Inutiles
    - Notificaciones de color Blanco
    - Mejoras En el Sonido.

Edited by desalesouche