Nexus S Vs. LG 2x

Guest stonebear

Guest stonebear

I managed to get 2.3.2 back on my Nexus S.

I had to install CWM to flash it, when it reboots CWM is lost, so I re-locked the bootloader and it is now stock again.

Now I can return it for a refund. :)

I managed to get 2.3.2 back on my Nexus S.

I had to install CWM to flash it, when it reboots CWM is lost, so I re-locked the bootloader and it is now stock again.

Now I can return it for a refund. :)

Good luck. :)

Guest stonebear

Good luck. :)

Thanks but no luck!

I had already taken it into the shop with ICS on it and they saw that and said no, so I came home and put 2.3.1 back on it and tried to do the return by phone - little did I know that the gy in the shop had noted the order number and made a note that I had tried to return it!

It is on Ebay now if you want it. tongue.gif

Guest stonebear

I thought you have brought it back to Gingerbread?

Yea but when I went to take it back the shop it still had ICS on it.

Now they have me black-marked as far as returning it goes.

Guest stonebear

Thats too bad :(

It has just been one mistake (by me) after another, lol.

Sold on Ebay for £200, the guy wanted me to put ICS back on for him.

It means I lose some money due to fees but at least I get most back.

Guest cainn24

I picked up a Nexus S recently as I couldn't resist the temptation to try out an official ICS build. People seem to rave about the Nexus S as well, with many former owners stating that they really miss it after selling it and upgrading to a different device. But in the end I really only wanted to keep one device, which put me in a position that is identical to that of the OP: choosing between the Nexus S and the Optimus 2x.

The Nexus S is a really nice looking phone. I actually appreciate it's curves and the way it feels in the hand, especially when making calls. Additionally, the location of the power button (right side of the phone rather than on top) means that waking the device up is more convenient. Audio output through the headphone jack is excellent. In these respects I feel it is clearly superior to the Optimus 2x.

In the end however, the Nexus S is short on both features and performance. I could actually live without the expandable memory, since it already has a decent amount. I could possibly even live with the slower performance. But the lack of (at least) 720p video capture, HDMI output and proper support for any sort of hw accelerated 1080p playback (which I admit may be kind of a redundant complaint given the former one) means 3 compromises too many. And it's a real shame too, because the Nexus S could easily have been my favourite little phone of all time, if only...

So yeah, I'm going to sell it and stick with my O2x. But I am also going to miss it. So I'm basically going to become one of those people I referenced at the beginning of this post.

As for ICS, while I would certainly choose it over GB, I have to say I was a little underwhelmed by it. It's nice, but I don't think it's quite the game changer that many people make it out to be.

Guest stonebear

Yea, given that the 2X has way more powerful hardware it wasn't a simple choice for me either, the Nexus S has some good points, I especially liked how it felt to hold in the hand. I know I made the right decision though. :)

Guest markop90

The o2x is a fantastic phone, but the only things i regret are the big software bugs!

If i have a stock based rom, after some time the phone begins to lag a lot and not to be usable anymore (and it is a dualcore...wow....)...need to restart the device to clean-up the memory

If i have cyanogenmod based roms, the phone is fantastic! Never seen a smoothness like that! No lag, and nowadays all the key features work! But i encounter lot of bsod while charging or after a lot time in idle state....now my back cover is ruined because of the battery pullings..

:(

Guest everett_psycho

That cm9 spreadsheet is looking good, only 3 partials left and everything else is working apparently. Could we see a release this month? Would be amazing work if they pull it off

Sent from my Optimus 2X using Tapatalk