[ROM][ZTE Skate] SKatie by Ceco - Android 2.3.5 (DOLBY MOBILE NOW AVAILABLE!!!)

Guest C3C0

Guest radiodaze

Added Prop tweak and new equaliser and the phone is working great. I'm glad you're replaced the DSP Manager, I couldn't get it to work without multiple FC's. The add on zip removed the faulty DSP Manager and the new equaliser is working fine.

Thanks Ceco

R

I really would like to test this, but theres some things stopping me.

1. I don't like my TPT changed as I'm already on 160MB and with that I can use most of the other ROM's. It makes it easier to debug.

2. I don't like ClockworkMod 4.0.1.5 as the menus looks broken when compared to 4.0.1.4

3. I don't like the battery circle mod (I prefer something like Atomic's or this)

4. I prefer GO Launcher Ex

5. I have no need for K-9 Mail and can't remove it

6. I don't really need a data counter, and they say widgets slow things down so I'd probably use NetCounter

7. DSP Manager is broken so it'd be great to have Equalizer built in

8. Build.prop tweaks would be great built in

Tip: If you change the manufacturer in build.prop to HTC then the OMC/Skate is also able to play some HD games that it otherwise couldn't. That's a trick from Atomic.

So if you're looking for suggestions it'd be great if you could offer a .zip installation option, or another ROM that's close to stock but contains some of the above changes :P

I just like that this is really close to stock but has some extra work under the hood. I just wish all of the extra applications and modifications were addons, as that's something I think we're lacking between ROM choices. Nobody has made a ROM that looks like the stock ROM but gives you just the performance enhancements and then allows you the user to decide on the applications and appearance without unremovable stuff getting in the way.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest domenico lamberti

for some strange unknown reason, i have no data connectivity , it displays H in the top corner, indicating that there is HSDPA available, but when i go into settings, about device, status, it says its disconnected from the network, i have wiped and there is still the same problem

Guest TouchyAndalou

for some strange unknown reason, i have no data connectivity , it displays H in the top corner, indicating that there is HSDPA available, but when i go into settings, about device, status, it says its disconnected from the network, i have wiped and there is still the same problem

You probably just have to set the APN settings for your network provider manually. I'm with giffgaff and I had to do this when I flashed this rom.

Guest domenico lamberti

You probably just have to set the APN settings for your network provider manually. I'm with giffgaff and I had to do this when I flashed this rom.

yeah i am with giffgaff aswell and i had to do it,not a big problem,just annoying

I really would like to test this, but theres some things stopping me.

Thanks god we have a freedom of choice :)

1. I don't like my TPT changed as I'm already on 160MB and with that I can use most of the other ROM's. It makes it easier to debug.

2. I don't like ClockworkMod 4.0.1.5 as the menus looks broken when compared to 4.0.1.4

3. I don't like the battery circle mod (I prefer something like Atomic's or this)

4. I prefer GO Launcher Ex

5. I have no need for K-9 Mail and can't remove it

6. I don't really need a data counter, and they say widgets slow things down so I'd probably use NetCounter

7. DSP Manager is broken so it'd be great to have Equalizer built in

8. Build.prop tweaks would be great built in

A little explanation just to make thing more clear.

1) I wanted this rom to be kind of different than others and the main intent was to bring the easy installation. A lot of people are not willing

or skilled enough to go through all the pre-installation steps like installing recovery, etc.And I belive there is a lot of them.

2) Can you give me more info? If you mean a lot of NO options and one YES if confiriming certain actions it's not a bug but feature. Makes people be more aware of what they are doing and helps avoiding accidental confirming of non-undoable actions.

3) This is too subjective. A lot of people do.

4) Then use it :)

5) K-9 is a replacement for stock mail and is considered as one of the best email clients on market. Anyway, you can uninstall it.

6) Again, you have choice of not using it :)

7) there is already addon for this

8) Will be automatically part of next release

Tip: If you change the manufacturer in build.prop to HTC then the OMC/Skate is also able to play some HD games that it otherwise couldn't. That's a trick from Atomic.

This is a well known trick a lot of cooks are using (not just Atomic). But this is my conservative approach I was mentioning already in my previous posts. I own Audi A6 Avant. But I won't put the S6 label ont which looks cool but it just won't make a better car of it. In other words, I would like to avoid the situations where people are complaining about applications downloaded from market not functioning properly because they are designed for other devices/hardware.

If you really want to enjoy latest HD games go for better device. :)

I just like that this is really close to stock but has some extra work under the hood. I just wish all of the extra applications and modifications were addons, as that's something I think we're lacking between ROM choices. Nobody has made a ROM that looks like the stock ROM but gives you just the performance enhancements and then allows you the user to decide on the applications and appearance without unremovable stuff getting in the way.

Thanks. There are really not much additional apps. Just Equalizer and Data counter widget + system applications needed for special features (performance tuning). Everything else is just stock and everything looks just like stock (except for battery indicator).

Hope this post will be useful also for others deciding whether to choose this rom or some other.

Ceco.

So, I guess the kitchen is the solution to my problems? :D It seems as close as it's going to get to being stock and offering options.

1. Flash ROM

2. Boot to ROM at least once?

3. Apply an update that will either remove or add the enhancements we'd like

Exactly :)

Be aware that the TPT version is still same 1.1 including all additional apps.But after using kitchen and not selecting apps they will get removed.

Edited by C3C0

Guest pablitobm88

I like your idea of ​​being able to choose the app, but anyway, for me it is not necessary and will give you more work, as I uninstall the app, I do not use your rom with rootexplorer

What improvements actulizacion brings about the 1.1? Did something important or just the choice of pre-install app?

My version 1.1 is going well and if the difference marking the only app I'm not changing to 1.2

thanks

Just build.prop tweaks added. Nothing else. It was previously as addon.

You may say it's too little for the upgrade but wanted to have it up ASAP to bring up the update kitchen :)

Will update the info on what's new in 1.2 soon

Info updated - in the second post

Edited by C3C0

Can't remeber :lol: but probably ondemand + bfq

I'd made the HTC change before you offered the option. I just extracted the file, edited it and placed it back into the zip. I presume that's okay to do?

Yep.

Edited by C3C0

Is it possible for you to add the radio replacement that Atomic uses in this kitchen? And how about the animation the screen does when you press the power button? A few of my friends think that's a nice touch ;)

Yes! I have big plans with this. FM radio option, Music player option. Adobe flash as system app, etc., etc.

What I am missing here is enough time for everything. I should give myself a little break now to go to see the other part of my house to find out how my family is doing :lol:

This week will have too much to do at my official work but will try to follow this topic to be informed.

Ceco.

P.S.: What animation are you thinking of?

That's great news! :D

As for the animation, in CM7 and Atomic there's this screen off animation that sort of pinches the image and then exits with a white light. I just think it looks really nice, but I'm not sure what was added to do it.

The radio is the FM Radio by MIUI. It says that it's modified for the ZTE blade by andorko.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest JThumar

Its the TV switch off effect !!

That's great news! :D

As for the animation, in CM7 and Atomic there's this screen off animation that sort of pinches the image and then exits with a white light. I just think it looks really nice, but I'm not sure what was added to do it.

The radio is the FM Radio by MIUI. It says that it's modified for the ZTE blade by andorko.

Its the TV switch off effect !!

its called CRT off animation

and can be enabled very easy

decompile framework-res.apk and go to

res / values / bools.xml

Change this

<bool name="config_animateScreenLights">true</bool>
to this
<bool name="config_animateScreenLights">false</bool>

then compile

Edited by tillaz

GMail updated to 2.3.5.2 - already patched it to support third party apps to read/write gmail (like gmail widgets, etc)

If you already have installed Gmail as an update from Market, uninstall it first - so you don't end up with two identical versions (one in the system partition and one in user data partition).

Use Update Kitchen to update your SKatie.

Guest pablitobm88

could add the script to App2SD Darktremor? I had your rom for a week and I liked it, but I had to return to the Atomic z3 because both me as your rom linksd problems

greetings and thanks

Edited by pablitobm88

Guest pablitobm88

My ideas for this fantastic rom:

1. Add appwidgetpicker default as this menu will be much more orderly wigdet

2. Improving the visibility of the icons in the notification bar, typethe Z3Elitemovil, but continuing with all the icons that appear on your rom, as the Z3 has only 4 icons

3. Support to run the GUI A2SD Darktremor because it worksmuch better than Linksd, tested 100% in the rom Z3Elitemovil

A greeting and thanks for your great work