[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

Hi Konstat,

Have you made some progress with the new camera sensor? (not the OV5640 one). I still have problems with my proximity sensor and the dialer (and contatcs app) seems to be of lower graphic quality then the previous ones.. Could be just me, anyone else of you guys noticed that too? (I have an OLED Blade.)

Haven't even really looked into the camera issue yet. It's possible that proximity/camera sensor issues won't be sorted before ZTE decides to follow GPL agreement and release source code. Blade is already sold in sweden with comviq gingerbread. There are at least few people at swedroid who have already bought it. There is also unbranded version and it would be interesting to have romdump from that device. ;) Maybe it's time for mass polite email to ZTE and remind them about kernel source.

There is ZTE proximity calibration app in market and some have reported that they've used it successfully to calibrate sensor. Another tip would be to calibrate proximity under bright light. Most proximity calibration issues have been sorted with a reboot or a reinstall.

I meant the one mentioned in this post - , because it perfectrly works on rls2.

Btw, I can make Ukrainian translation if it is necessary.

And my name offer for this rom is Swedish Ginger Ale :)

It seems that it also changes some statusbar icons, so it probably also replaces SystemUI.apk. If you use it, you'll lose some features that were added to RLS3.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest Cyclothunder

I just use the zte proximity calibration tool from the android market, and it seems to work ok :) (btw, just installed RLS3, all is good so far.)

thanks

Guest CoccoBill

Hi KonstaT,

this ROM is almost perfect, maybe the most perfect out there.

Just flashed rls3 and everything is working fine, only problem I'm having is with contact syncing with Facebook. I had this problem since I flashed AOSP dialer (which I think is a great choice) on rls2.

I'm having some weird issues accessing the account options.

If I go from my home screen Menu>Settings>Accounts and Sync, Facebook isn't listed there. It was on CM7 dialer.

Now if I try to add it Facebook appears as an option to add, but if I try to add it by clicking on the Facebook icon it just takes me back to the Account screen where it isn't listed.

If I sign out of Facebook and try to add the account it opens up the Facebook login page, I sign in, but still no account options. Facebook doesn't even show any sync option at the first start, as it should do.

I can sign into it successfully and can use it and all seems normal except when I try to go to the account options.

Another weird issue is that if I open the Facebook application and from the main Facebook page I tap Menu>Settings I can only see the "General Settings" and "Notification Settings" and I can see only the heading for "Other Settings", but I can't scroll down past that.

So "Other Settings" appears at the very bottom of the screen, but I can't bring the settings up into view.

Also Facebook isn't pulling in Facebook pictures for people that it used to pull with CM7 dialer.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing a few times, tried wiping and reflashing, even tried a 1.8.0 apk, but no joy.

Guest sumdumguy

staus bar brightness control doesn't seem to work for me

proximity sensor still flaky

if i use the stock kernel on the front page does it still have all the tweaks less undervolting, and can be overclocked etc ?

edit, no birthday entry in edit contacts

Edited by sumdumguy

Guest KonstaT

Hi KonstaT,

this ROM is almost perfect, maybe the most perfect out there.

Just flashed rls3 and everything is working fine, only problem I'm having is with contact syncing with Facebook. I had this problem since I flashed AOSP dialer (which I think is a great choice) on rls2.

I'm having some weird issues accessing the account options.

If I go from my home screen Menu>Settings>Accounts and Sync, Facebook isn't listed there. It was on CM7 dialer.

Now if I try to add it Facebook appears as an option to add, but if I try to add it by clicking on the Facebook icon it just takes me back to the Account screen where it isn't listed.

If I sign out of Facebook and try to add the account it opens up the Facebook login page, I sign in, but still no account options. Facebook doesn't even show any sync option at the first start, as it should do.

I can sign into it successfully and can use it and all seems normal except when I try to go to the account options.

Another weird issue is that if I open the Facebook application and from the main Facebook page I tap Menu>Settings I can only see the "General Settings" and "Notification Settings" and I can see only the heading for "Other Settings", but I can't scroll down past that.

So "Other Settings" appears at the very bottom of the screen, but I can't bring the settings up into view.

Also Facebook isn't pulling in Facebook pictures for people that it used to pull with CM7 dialer.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing a few times, tried wiping and reflashing, even tried a 1.8.0 apk, but no joy.

Ok, thanks. I don't have facebook account so I haven't tested this. If someone else can also confirm this. This is what happens when you try to put in dialer that isn't supposed to be there. :P I'm not going to switch back to the CM7 T9 dialer because it had more/bigger bugs. Might switch back to the older non-T9 CM7 dialer though. Also the current AOSP dialer is missing hdpi graphics so it's will be switched in the next release anyway. The original ZTE dialer (witch this ROM should have) doesn't have these issues, but it doesn't have facebook sync to begin with. ;)

If someone wants to play with these you can use Contacs.apk and ContactsProvider.apk from previous release.

Guest elrond_bs

Another great release from KonstaT! Thanks for the great ROM :)

There's only one thing I really miss in RLS3 - the vibrate on call connect. Is there a way to enable it? Flashing some old apk from RLS2?

Guest KonstaT

staus bar brightness control doesn't seem to work for me

proximity sensor still flaky

if i use the stock kernel on the front page does it still have all the tweaks less undervolting, and can be overclocked etc ?

edit, no birthday entry in edit contacts

Make sure that have disabled auto-bightness. Just slide your finger on closed statusbar.

Stock kernels don't have any tweaks. Phones are not usually sold with kernels that support overclocking/undervolting. ;)

Guest KonstaT

Another great release from KonstaT! Thanks for the great ROM :)

There's only one thing I really miss in RLS3 - the vibrate on call connect. Is there a way to enable it? Flashing some old apk from RLS2?

You can use Phone.apk from RLS2. Might be best to add it into the ROM .zip before flashing.

Guest sumdumguy

Make sure that have disabled auto-bightness. Just slide your finger on closed statusbar.

Stock kernels don't have any tweaks. Phones are not usually sold with kernels that support overclocking/undervolting. ;)

thanks for the info,

flashing over the top again this time haveing one of my launchers set for default worked for the brightness gizmo, very cool ..thanks

]

Made a new battery cirlce mod plus improved gps and blue tooth icons for rls 3

Does it affect the features that are in changelist of rls 3? Because Konsta mentioned it might.

Guest KonstaT

Just a quick question, how does this undervolt kernel work then. Does the CPU have to be running at 200mhz for it to be undervolted?

All CPU frequencies below 480mhz are undervolted. This gives slightly better battery performance on standby or under light use. Also wifi adapter is undervolted.

The link to the "rls3-center-clock-no-battery" zip is broken!

Fixed. Forgot to put the new links into the first post. :P

Guest KonstaT

Here is AOSP dialer with hdpi graphics. Could someone with facebook account test if the contacts sync work? And if it doesn't, any ideas why? I thought that gingerbread still had native facebook sync. Google removed (or created new API for) it in ICS, but afaik it should work in gingerbread.

SS-RLS3-AOSP-Dialer.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?s6xc2t75toq1950

MD5:BEB66634D4D8D11BC7D3A5FC37ECB804

Edited by KonstaT

Guest Lord_Snake

KonstaT, is it possible to add the TCP optimizer used on Fish & Chips to Swedish Snow?

Thank you for all this fantastic work ;)

Edited by Lord_Snake

Thanks daaneel! I was about to go to UOT kitchen so you saved me the work and wait.

Here's a grey circle battery for the SS RLS3, made it for myself, but maybe someone else likes it!

(I use ADW Launcher with icons from ADWTheme WHITE & background found on google "pebbles black and white" in case anyone's wondering)

http://www.mediafire...3rw591vuoafj2ac

Great work on the ROM and the 3rd RLS Konsta, love the volume/track selection (great for when I'm bicycling or plain lazy)!

Can't get the brightness status bar sliding thing down though (not too worried about it though).

Thanks also to KonstaT for another fine release.

Intrestesting, and very thorough. :) I also tested with CM7 and the output is the same as with this ROM. That would mean that neither ROM pulls the value from either gsm.sim.operator.alpha or gsm.operator.alpha. If CM7 displayed gsm.operator.alpha, it would be Elisa for me, but it displays Saunalahti as it should. I also discovered while using CM7, after switching airplane mode on/off, notification area carrier label first displays Elisa for about a second and then it changes to Saunalahti. That doesn't happen with this ROM. I'll have to dig a little deeper to find out where those values are pulled.

Next release will have generic RILs and framework patched to enable 'national roaming'. I doubt it will help with this issue though.

I have tested a T-Mobile UK PAYG SIM and this performs better (in the UK when roaming on Orange, at least, I haven't tested this when roaming outside of the UK - but from a recent visit to Belgium I can confirm that the operator name is constantly reported as "T-Mobile" no matter which Belgian operator I connect to with my T-Mobile UK contract SIM with Swedish Snow RLS2 - CM7 shows the correct network, as previously reported).

The PAYG SIM shows the operator name as "T-Mobile" on T-Mobile UK's network while Phono (from the Market) shows "T-Mobile UK", with the following getprop values:

[gsm.sim.operator.numeric]: [23430] 

[gsm.sim.operator.alpha]: [] 

[gsm.sim.operator.iso-country]: [gb] 

[gsm.operator.alpha]: [T-Mobile UK] 

[gsm.operator.numeric]: [23430] 

[gsm.operator.iso-country]: [gb] 

[gsm.operator.isroaming]: [false] 

When roaming on Orange, the phone shows ""T-Mobile Orange" while Phono displays "Orange", and getprop | grep operator gives:

[gsm.sim.operator.numeric]: [23430] 

[gsm.sim.operator.alpha]: [] 

[gsm.sim.operator.iso-country]: [gb] 

[gsm.operator.alpha]: [Orange] 

[gsm.operator.numeric]: [23433] 

[gsm.operator.iso-country]: [gb] 

[gsm.operator.isroaming]: [true] 

It looks as if Phono is grabbing the network name from gsm.operator.alpha - you may be able to confirm this with your phone if Phono shows "Elisa" rather than "Saunalahti"

PS. BTW, I'm sure this is not a SIM-specific fault as a second T-Mobile UK contract SIM I have tested also sticks with "T-Mobile" when roaming on Orange in the UK.

Edited by nrev