[ROM] CyanogenMod 7.2 | Kernel 2.6.32 | Camera works

Guest pier11

I have installed the preverious CM7.2 over the latest t-mobile uk update and gapps.

The latest is 2011 and has a small system partition! You need 2010 update - or leave out google apps

edit; just saw you did one of that. Does any official update still boot fine for you?

You also may want to try a kernel .29 based rom.

What does adb logcat say?

Edited by dr.flo

• wipe/factory reset (this is format sd-ext too),
try to reformat sd-ext by PC (computer) with ext2

What is your touchscreen model? (dmesg from system where touchscreen works)

Does the kernel support an ext partition on the sd card?

I found a bug: I'm not able to reboot into recovery from inside the rom.

But the .32 seems way faster than the .29 kernel.

I noticed that bug before, but I thought it was a problem because I was using the older version of the kernel.

Anyway a workaround for that (if u r using rom manager) when selecting whatever u want to do, when the phone restarts, hold the menu + red button.

The saved script will launch.

No - but maybe I just picked a lucky day for syncing the repo... we would maybe want to checkout gingerbread-release instead of gingerbread, to have a more stable setup. But then again, I guess it would be labeled CM7.1

I've one question regarding the various a2sd/app2sd/data2sd/etc stuff. I've not yet fully understood how many variations are around there and what advantages each individual version has. On Eclair, I used "Link2SD" and was very happy with it, because it just worked and I believe I understood how it worked.

As far as I know, a clean build of CM7 only features Android's native mechanism which moves apps into .android_secure on the sd card main partition. Is this true?

I would suggest to keep it that way and not add any 3rd party alternative directly into the ROM. I know the native mechanism has some disadvantages, but I think everyone should be able to pick one's own preferred alternative and set it up on his own.

I just ask this because I've seen some move_cache_sd etc scripts in the dtox based rom... I'm getting more and more confused...

people should note that dtox125 build comes with a2sd .

pier anyway to add higher cpu speeds in a flashable zip to this kernel?

cheers

@demiur,

what is this? what are you trying to install??

Linux version 2.6.29-perf (huawei@product-second) (gcc version 4.4.0 (GCC) )

I flash your firmware - cm7.2_u8220_20120123.zip.

dmesg.txt - received at recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.4

Guest lloco73

just tested this build

Must say it's quite good except this:

• Comparing to version with kernel .29 camera is more buggy, i've tested with high def video and it records but after stop app crashes. Remember that on the .29 rom i was able to record on high def and without crashes, except on the first app lauch just after rom install;
  • I have the sensation that we need a litle overclock, the responsivness is a tiny bit slow;
  • WIFI works but when i installed my prefered wifi app i lost connectivity (i have installed wifi manager).
  • Cannot connect phone to windows (it shows Qualcomm hsusb device - no driver found);
  • Cannot reboot into recovery also;

For now reverting to my flb rom and wait next improvments

Edited by lloco73

@demiur,

what is this? what are you trying to install??

Linux version 2.6.29-perf (huawei@product-second) (gcc version 4.4.0 (GCC) )

it seems that it is HU official 2.1 update

Guest desalesouche

work well at first boot 2 messages on the screen telling problem loading widget... problem with android market it often close or when i launch it often telling me /no connection try again my phone reboot by itself once i don²t talk about oc ; it is coming :rolleyes: i see that i have a lot of reboot :unsure:

Edited by desalesouche

Guest al.daun
Cannot connect phone to windows (it shows Qualcomm hsusb device - no driver found);

I found that the drivers for Alcatel One Touch 990 (Alcatel_AndroidManager_2.2.1111.2444.exe) recognizes the phone in windows

http://www.alcatelon...nes/ot-990.html

Just open the executable in a packagemanager and extract "\driver\android\usbdriver"or install the software.

Guest Dante2070

Just installed this rom with all my apps. Works perfects so far, except the Market getting lots of fc's and being sluggish overall. Thank you very much for this rom!

About kernel .32 being faster than kernel .29 -> are there any means of quantifying this?

Is this really related to the kernel or to the broken libEGL which you have fixed in this thread's rom?

Just wanted to ask this again... seems to have got lost...

people should note that dtox125 build comes with a2sd .

Thanks for pointing this out. Do we really need this pre-installed? Wouldn't a separate update.zip also do the job, like for the gapps?

Just installed this rom with all my apps. Works perfects so far, except the Market getting lots of fc's and being sluggish overall. Thank you very much for this rom!

I'm yet to experience Market crash... Never happened so far. (Though I did not install much yet).

Did you install gapps from the first link?

Did you wipe everything clean befor install as suggested in instructions?..

Do you have enough space in system partition (UK 2010 layout or better for u8220 device) ?

Just wanted to ask this again... seems to have got lost...

I don't know how to quantify it... In which units to measure UI responsiveness. cm/sec scrolling :) :)

Try to revert the open GL lib and see if it changes anything...

Guest desalesouche

hi again apps2sd gui is not working for me ; do i have to make partition on sd card with rom manager and can i create ext 2 or 3 or 4 with it? i would like to free space...thx i can²t move application from internal storage to sd....and i can²t install mobo player codec after installing mobo player thx

Edited by desalesouche

Guest lloco73

I found that the drivers for Alcatel One Touch 990 (Alcatel_AndroidManager_2.2.1111.2444.exe) recognizes the phone in windows

http://www.alcatelon...nes/ot-990.html

Just open the executable in a packagemanager and extract "\driver\android\usbdriver"or install the software.

yeah i found it after revert to normal rom. i'm going to reinstall rom to go with some more tests.

Question?

Does anyone have problems on wifi if installs a wifi app manager?

Hello!

I download this rom and install it with all instructions.

But when I touch screen, my device is reboot.

This is my dmesg: http://pastebin.com/m3bfVbWA

Dmesg captured with other rom, but i think, it does not hurt to diagnose the problem.

I'm sorry for bad english. I am belarussian.

could you please also zip it and attach here. Pastebin just had been blocked for me at work...

Guest rulerofkaos

Has anybody tried to connect to a 802.x network with peap encryption? I tried this with the CM 7.2 rom with the .29 kernel and couldn't because the popup where I had to enter the username and password always closed. Is this possible in this rom?