[ROM][beta]CyanogenMod 9

Guest Lens_flare

Guest Lens_flare
how can I do to prove the changes?
do you mean where to check those changes? For that purpose I just updated first post with links to github repos.No new version will be out, as for mere user nothing changed.

Guest Carter07

uhm looks like wifi deep sleep issue, which is common for some chips those drivers were upgraded to ics without changing kernel driver. For sure I can't fix such behaviour..

Yep, now happened again with wi-fi in deep sleep. :(

Is there a way to undervolt cpu with this rom?

Edited by Carter07

Guest acer-

Also I could offer one deal with gingerbread CM7 source. If somebody could get one of the bunch opensource libraries on CM7 to work (at the same time getting rid of the acer proprietary crap) we could wrap it then to CM9 routines and finally get camera to work. It seems easier than trying to find trouble in kernel (which has perfect camera driver, thx acer!).

Unable to compile latest CM7

Whenever the

make -j10 

(yup 5 cores to spare in virtual box)

command is issued

the output is

build/core/product_config.mk:196: ** _nic.PRODUCTS.[[vendor/cyanogen/products/cyanogen_ace.mk]]: "device/htc/ace/ace.mk"

There is an error in the product_config.mk!!! (looks like forgot to edit the device when you ported it from Desire HD :P)

and has nobody got his error ??? (or nobody has compiled)

I think you forgot to edit that or am i doing something wrong ????

( if you want to ask why i am compiling cm7 then the answer is I am seeing if there are any updates and also checking if the java is working correctly )

as for cm9 fabiorino is resyncing the repo as i am posting

Thanx to fabiorino for his wonderful PC

Edited by acer-

Guest Lens_flare
Unable to compile latest CM7

Whenever the

make -j10

(yup 5 cores to spare in virtual box)

command is issued

the output is

Spoiler

build/core/product_config.mk:196: ** _nic.PRODUCTS.[[vendor/cyanogen/products/cyanogen_ace.mk]]: "device/htc/ace/ace.mk"

There is an error in the product_config.mk!!! (looks like forgot to edit the device when you ported it from Desire HD :P)

and has nobody got his error ??? (or nobody has compiled)

I think you forgot to edit that or am i doing something wrong ????

you should issue liquidcm.sh first. And I ported from desire Z, not HD. Latest cm7 (-b gingerbread) has no error like that.

Guest acer-
you should issue liquidcm.sh first. And I ported from desire Z, not HD. Latest cm7 (-b gingerbread) has no error like that.

Liquidcm.sh was issued

All the command were issued without any problems

HTC ace is desire HD

Guest Lens_flare
Liquidcm.sh was issued

All the command were issued without any problems

wait for me on gtalk instead, it would be much faster than arguing here..
HTC ace is desire HD
nobody argues :D it's just first device in devices list of cm7 itself, so you got such error.

Guest acer-
wait for me on gtalk instead, it would be much faster than arguing here.. nobody argues :D it's just first device in devices list of cm7 itself, so you got such error.

Sorry i can't talk now

I am very busy

lucky I have got a few MBs on data plan remaining :)

I figured that (about ace) later

But still not sure about why it came in the first place

So problem is still not solved :(

We will argue about it from 12 March if you don't mind -__-

Guest Lens_flare
I figured that (about ace) later

But still not sure about why it came in the first place

So problem is still not solved :(

make sure you have a4 defines in vendor/cyanogen: vendorsetup.sh, AndroidProducts.mk, folder in products. Tree is 100% right.

Guest acer-

make sure you have a4 defines in vendor/cyanogen: vendorsetup.sh, AndroidProducts.mk, folder in products. Tree is 100% right.

Looks like it is compiling

I cant say for sure

but the last error i encountered was that of wrong java version I had jdk 1.7. something but it wanted v1.6 so installed it began again from extract-files.sh (just to be sure..... liquidcm.sh patch was already applied )

then I went to have dinner and he has not emailed with any error since (this happened last night ) so the rom must be surely compiled by now (lets hope [):(] )

@lens i am online now :)

Edited by acer-

Guest Lens_flare

forget about gb and camera at all, I got an actual reason of all the crap we get from opensource camera drivers: jpeg callback.. just imagine, damn Acer just got rid of it, everywhere! That actually means, that when AOSP camera tries to access picture, preview, video, Acer happily returns ZERO, without any way to bypass it (coz all that stuff both system and kernel might get only from oemcamera lib, which is pure proprietary). Nothing to do with mmap, overlay, kernel drivers and whatnot.

Guest acer-

forget about gb and camera at all, I got an actual reason of all the crap we get from opensource camera drivers: jpeg callback.. just imagine, damn Acer just got rid of it, everywhere! That actually means, that when AOSP camera tries to access picture, preview, video, Acer happily returns ZERO, without any way to bypass it (coz all that stuff both system and kernel might get only from oemcamera lib, which is pure proprietary). Nothing to do with mmap, overlay, kernel drivers and whatnot.

Which translates to Liquid MT will not get Camera on ICS until acer release the code

Guest Lens_flare

I could offer another deal: start from 2.2 rom base which is more opensource.

but just before you start, I discovered something quite interesting:

Seems even liboemcamera.so from 2.2 is compatible with 2.3 (for sure it won't be as easy as pasting it to vendor/proprietary), at last it do have jpeg callback, and maybe some other goodies which 2.3 lib lack of.

Though there are dependencies like libmmjpeg and libmmipl which should be from the same rom..

I bet it needs slight kernel mod to be backward compatible with 2.2 lib, so all in your hands guys :P

Guest acer-

I bet it needs slight kernel mod to be backward compatible with 2.2 lib

SLIGHT KERNEL MOD !!!!!

thank you for the solution

I know somebody will contact you and you will help him

Best of luck :)

I could offer another deal: start from 2.2 rom base which is more opensource.

Didn't I ask you that before ??? <_<

Edited by acer-

Guest McJefferson

Which translates to Liquid MT will not get Camera on ICS until acer release the code

In the MT page on Acer website, under "documents", there are a couple of "kernel source codes"

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Document/App.%20Guide/App.%20Guide_Acer_1.0_A_A.zip?acerid=634532944239670123&Step1=Smartphone&Step2=Liquid&Step3=Liquid%20MT%20(S120)&OS=a06&LC=it&BC=Acer&SC=EMEA_17

Useful?

Edited by McJefferson

Guest Lens_flare
Does anyone know where I can download the CM9 for the Acer Liquid Metal?
nowhere for now, lfdesigns forbids any mirrors unless specified. Hope we will be back soon :P