[CM9] Cyanogenmod 9 for LiquidA1/LiquidE

Guest thepasto

Guest Ma7moud

Can you try? I ' m a noob I don't now how to use adb...

yes i can confirm that Acer Download Tool detects the phone in bootloader mode on CM9

connect the USB cable then select reboot to bootloader and run the ADT

yes i can confirm that Acer Download Tool detects the phone in bootloader mode on CM9

connect the USB cable then select reboot to bootloader and run the ADT

thanks!

Guest Ma7moud

looks like this rom is dead even before it goes out of beta, maybe the developers are busy or maybe it just can't work.

i'm really disappointed with Acer, i knew android needs powerful hardware so i picked the best phone from what i had to choose between, and it is the best hardware but i don't know why phones like the LG Optimus One and the HTC Wildfire and even the HTC Legend and Hero are more supported than the Liquid.

in a few months many apps will be updated to require Android 4.0+ and all Liquid users will have to live with an unstable ICS build or get a new phone or live without those apps, and then all apps will need ICS like what happened with 2.1 before when 2.3 was released

i don't hate Acer, i have 2 Acer laptops and i'm very satisfied with them, so i thought an Acer phone would be the same but turns out its not.

i might think about changing my phone soon, i don't know what i might get but its not Acer

i had my phone for just a year and its already an old, unsupported, and slow phone.

i get so frustrated when i'm using the phone and suddenly it freezes and reboots, or when i try to turn it on to find it frozen and i have to pull the battery out

but i still can't just go back to 2.1 or 2.2 "leaks" and pretend everything is ok, because then i will be using and old version that will be unsupported in a few months, like the phone itself.

i'm sorry for all this but i just had to let it out

the community here is great and it is what kept the phone alive after Acer killed it

Guest phoenixita

looks like this rom is dead even before it goes out of beta, maybe the developers are busy or maybe it just can't work.

i'm really disappointed with Acer, i knew android needs powerful hardware so i picked the best phone from what i had to choose between, and it is the best hardware but i don't know why phones like the LG Optimus One and the HTC Wildfire and even the HTC Legend and Hero are more supported than the Liquid.

in a few months many apps will be updated to require Android 4.0+ and all Liquid users will have to live with an unstable ICS build or get a new phone or live without those apps, and then all apps will need ICS like what happened with 2.1 before when 2.3 was released

i don't hate Acer, i have 2 Acer laptops and i'm very satisfied with them, so i thought an Acer phone would be the same but turns out its not.

i might think about changing my phone soon, i don't know what i might get but its not Acer

i had my phone for just a year and its already an old, unsupported, and slow phone.

i get so frustrated when i'm using the phone and suddenly it freezes and reboots, or when i try to turn it on to find it frozen and i have to pull the battery out

but i still can't just go back to 2.1 or 2.2 "leaks" and pretend everything is ok, because then i will be using and old version that will be unsupported in a few months, like the phone itself.

the community here is great and it is what kept the phone alive after Acer killed it

+1 i'm going to buy an htc one x next month...

Guest akinov5

+1.

Guest Ma7moud

snapdragon s4 dual core 1.5 GHz... good choice!! ;)

and uni-body and 1650mAh battery. and no other phone can beat it in all benchmarks even the One X because of its HD screen

but i'm thinking about Sony too, their customer support is great and they support all phones for a long time

Guest Thmz159

In my opinion, ICS is not very important. Probably, it'll run slower on the A1 than Gingerbread do. I'd really like CM 7.2 because that added some nice features (rotation animation! :D) from ICS to Gingerbread. To bad that development on LiquidNext has stopped, but updating LN 1.9.2 shouldn't be that hard I think. I'll try that when my device's back from warranty :P.

Edited by Thmz159

Guest Ma7moud

In my opinion, ICS is not very important. Probably, it'll run slower on the A1 than Gingerbread do. I'd really like CM 7.2 because that added some nice features (rotation animation! :D) from ICS to Gingerbread. To bad that development on LiquidNext has stopped, but updating LN 1.9.2 shouldn't be that hard I think. I'll try that when my device's back from warranty :P.

if ICS can run on the Optimus One and Xperia X10 and the Nexus One then it can run on the Liquid E , the problem is the A1 and its 256MB ram (you can use only 184MB from them too)

and i would be really happy witn CM 7.2 , it means i can hold on to my phone a few months more until i can get the One S tongue.gif

Guest Thmz159

offtopic:

the problem is the A1 and its 256MB ram (you can use only 184MB from them too)

yes, that's really annoying. I still wonder where that 72 mb has gone to. I think a part of it is used as video memory, and another bit for radio etc. The Motorola Droid1 has got 256 mb too and I think I've read that they could use ~230 mb of it....

Guest Ma7moud

offtopic:

yes, that's really annoying. I still wonder where that 72 mb has gone to. I think a part of it is used as video memory, and another bit for radio etc. The Motorola Droid1 has got 256 mb too and I think I've read that they could use ~230 mb of it....

well then maybe it has less than 256MB but they said it has 256 mad.gif

Guest Ma7moud

so i'm trying to build CM9 from sources

followed many guides and tutorials and everything was good until i got this build error

target thumb C++: hwcomposer.qsd8k <= hardware/qcom/display/libhwcomposer/hwcomposer.cpp

target thumb C++: liboverlay <= hardware/qcom/display/liboverlay/overlayLib.cpp

In file included from hardware/qcom/display/libhwcomposer/hwcomposer.cpp:32:

hardware/qcom/display/liboverlay/overlayLib.h: In constructor 'overlay::FrameBufferInfo::FrameBufferInfo()':

hardware/qcom/display/liboverlay/overlayLib.h:181: error: 'MDP_BORDERFILL_SUPPORTED' was not declared in this scope

hardware/qcom/display/libhwcomposer/hwcomposer.cpp: At global scope:

hardware/qcom/display/libhwcomposer/hwcomposer.cpp:132: warning: missing initializer for member 'hw_module_t::dso'

hardware/qcom/display/libhwcomposer/hwcomposer.cpp:132: warning: missing initializer for member 'hw_module_t::reserved'

hardware/qcom/display/libhwcomposer/hwcomposer.cpp: In function 'bool isValidDestination(const framebuffer_device_t*, const hwc_rect_t&)':

hardware/qcom/display/libhwcomposer/hwcomposer.cpp:867: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions

hardware/qcom/display/libhwcomposer/hwcomposer.cpp:867: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions

make: *** [out/target/product/salsa/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/hwcomposer.qsd8k_intermediates/hwcomposer.o] Error 1

hardware/qcom/display/liboverlay/overlayLib.cpp:129:1: warning: "LOG_TAG" redefined

In file included from hardware/qcom/display/liboverlay/overlayLib.h:21,

from hardware/qcom/display/liboverlay/overlayLib.cpp:18:

system/core/include/cutils/log.h:68:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition

make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

In file included from hardware/qcom/display/liboverlay/overlayLib.cpp:18:

hardware/qcom/display/liboverlay/overlayLib.h: In constructor 'overlay::FrameBufferInfo::FrameBufferInfo()':

hardware/qcom/display/liboverlay/overlayLib.h:181: error: 'MDP_BORDERFILL_SUPPORTED' was not declared in this scope

hardware/qcom/display/liboverlay/overlayLib.cpp: In function 'int overlay::initOverlay()':

hardware/qcom/display/liboverlay/overlayLib.cpp:377: error: 'msmfb_mixer_info_req' was not declared in this scope

hardware/qcom/display/liboverlay/overlayLib.cpp:377: error: expected ';' before 'req'

hardware/qcom/display/liboverlay/overlayLib.cpp:378: error: 'mdp_mixer_info' was not declared in this scope

hardware/qcom/display/liboverlay/overlayLib.cpp:378: error: 'minfo' was not declared in this scope

hardware/qcom/display/liboverlay/overlayLib.cpp:390: error: 'req' was not declared in this scope

hardware/qcom/display/liboverlay/overlayLib.cpp:391: error: 'MSMFB_MIXER_INFO' was not declared in this scope

hardware/qcom/display/liboverlay/overlayLib.cpp: In member function 'bool overlay::OverlayControlChannel::setOverlayInformation(const overlay_buffer_info&, int, int, int)':

hardware/qcom/display/liboverlay/overlayLib.cpp:1268: error: 'struct mdp_overlay' has no member named 'dpp'

hardware/qcom/display/liboverlay/overlayLib.cpp: In member function 'void overlay::OverlayControlChannel::setInformationFromFlags(int, mdp_overlay&)':

hardware/qcom/display/liboverlay/overlayLib.cpp:1286: error: 'MDP_SECURE_OVERLAY_SESSION' was not declared in this scope

hardware/qcom/display/liboverlay/overlayLib.cpp:1288: error: 'MDP_SECURE_OVERLAY_SESSION' was not declared in this scope

hardware/qcom/display/liboverlay/overlayLib.cpp:1291: error: 'MDP_SHARPENING' was not declared in this scope

hardware/qcom/display/liboverlay/overlayLib.cpp: In member function 'bool overlay::OverlayControlChannel::closeControlChannel()':

hardware/qcom/display/liboverlay/overlayLib.cpp:1486: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions

hardware/qcom/display/liboverlay/overlayLib.cpp: In member function 'bool overlay::OverlayControlChannel::setPosition(int, int, uint32_t, uint32_t)':

hardware/qcom/display/liboverlay/overlayLib.cpp:1521: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions

hardware/qcom/display/liboverlay/overlayLib.cpp:1522: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions

hardware/qcom/display/liboverlay/overlayLib.cpp:1528: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions

hardware/qcom/display/liboverlay/overlayLib.cpp:1528: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions

hardware/qcom/display/liboverlay/overlayLib.cpp: In member function 'bool overlay::OverlayControlChannel::setTransform(int, bool)':

hardware/qcom/display/liboverlay/overlayLib.cpp:1600: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions

hardware/qcom/display/liboverlay/overlayLib.cpp: In member function 'bool overlay::OverlayControlChannel::setVisualParam(int8_t, float)':

hardware/qcom/display/liboverlay/overlayLib.cpp:2224: error: 'MDP_BLOCK_MAX' was not declared in this scope

hardware/qcom/display/liboverlay/overlayLib.cpp:2230: error: 'MDP_BLOCK_VG_1' was not declared in this scope

hardware/qcom/display/liboverlay/overlayLib.cpp:2234: error: 'MDP_BLOCK_VG_2' was not declared in this scope

hardware/qcom/display/liboverlay/overlayLib.cpp:2257: error: 'struct mdp_overlay' has no member named 'dpp'

hardware/qcom/display/liboverlay/overlayLib.cpp:2258: error: 'MDP_SHARPENING' was not declared in this scope

hardware/qcom/display/liboverlay/overlayLib.cpp:2259: error: 'struct mdp_overlay' has no member named 'dpp'

hardware/qcom/display/liboverlay/overlayLib.cpp:2266: error: 'MDP_SHARPENING' was not declared in this scope

hardware/qcom/display/liboverlay/overlayLib.cpp:2267: error: 'struct mdp_overlay' has no member named 'dpp'

make: *** [out/target/product/salsa/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/liboverlay_intermediates/overlayLib.o] Error 1

anyone can help with that? just tell me what you think is wrong and i will try to fix it

Guest philippe75017

hello,

i too will be disapointed when apps will not be compatible with my A1, because of android version, of maybe just of memory or power required.

but... you are wrong - and i don't work for acer :)

let me explain

keep in mind that the liquid was available in 2009 : our device is an old device, even for those who bought it in 2010 and 2011 (at a cheaper price)

in 2009, HTC did not even provide bin upgrades to 2.1 for popular devices like Tattoo or Dream, and hardly did it for Hero

while acer provided 2.1 and 2.2 that give 'real' improvements like multitouch or tether

today, samsung provides no ICS for very popular galaxy S !

and in some years, there might be no official android 5 for the new HTC one series

etc.

so believe me, acer's behaviour is not the worst

though android optimises memory and CPU usage, one day our A1 will be too slow, too short of memory etc

nothing we can do about it.

but meanwhile i enjoy my liquid

acer cannot maintain OS upgrade for all the devices. no manufacturer does unfortunately

Edited by philippe75017

Guest Ma7moud

hello,

i too will be disapointed when apps will not be compatible with my A1, because of android version, of maybe just of memory or power required.

but... you are wrong - and i don't work for acer :)

let me explain

keep in mind that the liquid was available in 2009 : our device is an old device, even for those who bought it in 2010 and 2011 (at a cheaper price)

in 2009, HTC did not even provide bin upgrades to 2.1 for popular devices like Tattoo or Dream, and hardly did it for Hero

while acer provided 2.1 and 2.2 that give 'real' improvements like multitouch or tether

today, samsung provides no ICS for very popular galaxy S !

and in some years, there might be no official android 5 for the new HTC one series

etc.

so believe me, acer's behaviour is not the worst

though android optimises memory and CPU usage, one day our A1 will be too slow, too short of memory etc

nothing we can do about it.

but meanwhile i enjoy my liquid

acer cannot maintain OS upgrade for all the devices. no manufacturer does unfortunately

why can't they do like Sony Ericsson, they updated all their 2011 phones to ICS, even low end phones

Acer and Samsung didn't update because they want Liquid and Galaxy S users to get their new phones, but this is bad for people like me who don't like to change phones every year

and if the HTC Hero can run ICS and Sense 3.5 and MIUI V4 on its 528MHz Qualcomm MSM7200A chip (this chip is from 2007) and only 288MB ram and Adreno 130 GPU then i'm sure the Liquid can

it should still have at least 6 months before it becomes an old device with outdated hardware

Edited by Ma7moud

Guest Ciotto
In file included from hardware/qcom/display/libhwcomposer/hwcomposer.cpp:32:

i not know what it is, but i think this is the problem.

maybe u not include some files or something else...

Guest Darei

Darei, read a few pages back with my FAQ.

Hi Auxx, thanks for the FAQ, but this isn't working for me. When i connect phone (Liquid E Ferrari), phone was connect ok over MTP protocol, I a have no yellow icon in Device Manager. But ADT won't recognize my phone.

Do you have any other idea?

Thank

Guest Rajit

For anyone on A1 who wants to go back to an older rom but is not able to flash malez recovery/official bin due the adb not recognizing the phone, follow these simple steps:

• Ensure that Acer Drivers are installed.
  • Switch off your phone
  • Put it in diagnostic mode by pressing VolumeUP + Camera + Power buttons.
  • (You might not see anything on the phone's screen, like in my case. If that does happen, do not worry and just give it a few minutes)
  • Connect your phone to the computer.
  • Run Malez Recovery installer or the Acer Download tool.
  • Your phone should now be recognized.

Guest Diljeet

[CM9] Cyanogenmod 9 for Liquid/LiquidE

First CM9 beta rom by Liquid-WAG-Team

Hello Sir

Just wanted to confirm this

Some people said :- " Wait... is this mod dead? They aren't working on it anymore? "

Please tell that it is not true.

I and others are very eagerly waiting for the second beta version.

Please tell the estimated time for the next beta/stable release.

From new member but a DieHard Fan

and Waiting Patiently(Couldn't resist the reply from someone that people have stopped working on this ROM)

Guest after_silence

Calm down guys, if any of you can do it better/faster than we are - so go on, or just sit down on your sits and wait. There are no need to ask to then will be released a new version - it will be as soon as possible and then update will worth to be called beta1 or beta2 or whatever.

Developing is not stopped, its just slowed down. For progress you can check as before github of thepasto and cm9 team.

Guest Ma7moud

Calm down guys, if any of you can do it better/faster than we are - so go on, or just sit down on your sits and wait. There are no need to ask to then will be released a new version - it will be as soon as possible and then update will worth to be called beta1 or beta2 or whatever.

Developing is not stopped, its just slowed down. For progress you can check as before github of thepasto and cm9 team.

good to know that

and i read something on the N1 forum saying that KSM "Kernel SamePage Merging" helps with low memory situations, can it be applied to the Liquid kernel?

Guest after_silence

good to know that

and i read something on the N1 forum saying that KSM "Kernel SamePage Merging" helps with low memory situations, can it be applied to the Liquid kernel?

As i heard from thepasto - its very hard to implement ksm for our liquid's kernel.

Guest Ma7moud

As i heard from thepasto - its very hard to implement ksm for our liquid's kernel.

thanks, i read more about it now and it uses more processor power and that means more battery drain, not everyone will be happy with that