[CM9] Cyanogenmod 9 for LiquidA1/LiquidE

Guest thepasto

Guest MihaelSamara

Ext size is only 4096Mb... and swap only 256.. but i have 8Gb 10 class microSDHC and want to use 7936Mb for Ext and 256Mb for swap. How can i do that? :) I have pc with cardreader :) just resize 4096 partition? what's program can do that(in windows)?

Guest lidoliberta

Ext size is only 4096Mb... and swap only 256.. but i have 8Gb 10 class microSDHC and want to use 7936Mb for Ext and 256Mb for swap. How can i do that? :) I have pc with cardreader :) just resize 4096 partition? what's program can do that(in windows)?

hi i'm italian....you must to do swap 256 and ext little,i've 1gb of ext (ext is for alternative memory,take a little part of sdcard,you dont need all mb of sdcard).....just this one.....:lol: B)

ok?sorry 4my english :-)

Guest MihaelSamara

@lidoliberta

I'm russian :) sorry for my english too))))

I thought ext is /sdcard after create swap.. okay.

this is my little video about working beta2 on my Liquid A1

Guest DethWraith

@ALL

I will upload a bugfixed version of beta2 because this one is a mess, maybe this night.. Sorry :)

If this version is a mess, I can't wait for the bugfixed version. This runs great for me, far better than beta1 did. I haven't had any issues at all, so it can only get better! Thanks for the excellent work! :)

Guest Ma7moud

@lidoliberta

I'm russian :) sorry for my english too))))

I thought ext is /sdcard after create swap.. okay.

this is my little video about working beta2 on my Liquid A1 http://youtu.be/vN4xfkUtv2o

i lol'ed at the reboot on video, i searched everywhere for a fix for that but found nothing

seams like it happens when the phone has too low free ram, on Nexus one it happens around 5MB free

and the only fix for it that i know of is don't let it get that low, and let the phone settle for a minute after booting up

edit: after watching the whole video i think the performance is great for a not overclocked liquid

Edited by Ma7moud

Guest DethWraith

i lol'ed at the reboot on video, i searched everywhere for a fix for that but found nothing

seams like it happens when the phone has too low free ram, on Nexus one it happens around 5MB free

and the only fix for it that i know of is don't let it get that low, and let the phone settle for a minute after booting up

edit: after watching the whole video i think the performance is great for a not overclocked liquid

That was very strange that it rebooted like that. You're probably right about the ram thing, but it seems odd that would happen so close to bootup. Perhaps it would be good to leave the phone alone for a minute or so after bootup before starting to use it, maybe it would free up the memory required.

You're right too, that runs great! If this is only beta2, just imagine what it'll be like after further tweaking! :)

Guest renzs

Downloading now. Just want to ask before flash, is codec still broken?

Thanks for the great work thepasto & all who did this rom!

~renzs

Edited by renzs

Guest LcD59c

hi

if i already use the BETA 1 do i need to reflash CWM_Recovery_Salsa ?

or just wipe and flash it ?

thx for the ur work thepasto and everyone else that worked on this ROM :)

Edited by LcD59c

Guest Sn0w0nS

Ok , I think something is broken on my phone because usb debugging is turned on but i can't install the new recovery I think that was why i couldn't go back to the old recovery neither.

Is it really necessary to instal this update of CWM recovery or can I also install the second beta on the first CWM recovery ?

Guest Willem van Oort

you don't need a1_patch you have a liquid E :P

I know, but when i patched that one, it was the only link available, so i thought that it was the correct one, but half an hour later you said beta 2 had to be installed over beta1

Guest Fussel

hi

if i already use the BETA 1 do i need to reflash CWM_Recovery_Salsa ?

or just wipe and flash it ?

thx for the ur work thepasto and everyone else that worked on this ROM :)

Better flash CWM_Recovery_Salsa, before wipe and flash it. Reduces the error when flashing the rom.

Ok , I think something is broken on my phone because usb debugging is turned on but i can't install the new recovery I think that was why i couldn't go back to the old recovery neither.

Is it really necessary to instal this update of CWM recovery or can I also install the second beta on the first CWM recovery ?

Here are the new drivers, worked for me on W7 x64 without Problems. W7 says the drivers are not signed but trust it.

Then you can install CWM_Recovery_Salsa for cm-9.0.0-Liquid-salsa-Beta2. ;)

Here is a new driver for ADB - Download

Thanks thepasto and the other devs so much. Beta 2 is much more stable and faster then beta1.

But on my A1 with 256mb: the low mem kills apps sometimes (stock browser, xabber,...)

Edited by Fussel

Guest akira.pwr

I had the same problem with debug, I suspect device shows debug turned on, but it doesn't works, I've installed second cwm recovery in fastboot (guide in italian: http://www.tuttoandr...adt-t11683.html ), then flashed the rom, I have the problem my device isn't recognized by pc and I could't flash malez recovery like second cwm, don't know why.

anyway, I suspect most of my problems are for debug with beta 1.

Thanks to Thepasto and Yann for help yesterday)

Edited by akira.pwr

Guest Darei

Beta 2 problems in Liquie E Ferrari:

- still missing battery info -> phone say Connect Charger

- can't connect to WiFi -> when I run phone in first time and set up a hided WiFi with WPA2 security, phone can't connect to it, restart phone was not resolve problem

- camera -> cant connect to the camera

PS: sorry for my english.

Darei

Guest Master_T

I don't understand all these problems about "not being able to flash old recovery"... if you can't use adb 'cos drivers don't work or whatever, just download QuickBoot from market and reboot into bootloader from there, then flash malez, no need for working adb/debug.

Guest Sn0w0nS

Better flash CWM_Recovery_Salsa, before wipe and flash it. Reduces the error when flashing the rom.

Here are the new drivers, worked for me on W7 x64 without Problems. W7 says the drivers are not signed but trust it.

Then you can install CWM_Recovery_Salsa for cm-9.0.0-Liquid-salsa-Beta2. ;)

Thanks thepasto and the other devs so much. Beta 2 is much more stable and faster then beta1.

But on my A1 with 256mb: the low mem kills apps sometimes (stock browser, xabber,...)

How do I install these drivers as there is no exe file only dll files.

Do I have to place these dll files somewhere?

Guest phoenixita

How can i activate the a2sd? A2sdgui is not working anymore D:

Edit: sorry this was obviously just go on terminal emulator and give this commands"su" and then "a2sd"

Edited by phoenixita

Guest Fussel

How do I install these drivers as there is no exe file only dll files.

Do I have to place these dll files somewhere?

Pretty easy:

-unzip

-go in dekstop and press the right button on the computer icon(on the win7) and press properties

-after that press managing devices

-go on your phone ,right click for updates drivers

-select manually drivers

-select the folder you have unziped

-install drivers. done.

Edited by Fussel

Guest renzs

How can i activate the a2sd? A2sdgui is not working anymore D:

Edit: sorry this was obviously just go on terminal emulator and give this commands"su" and then "a2sd"

Hi, can u give some kind of guide. I did as u said but too many instructions..

thanks in advance. Edit: found the xda thread on this. Now working good

~renzs

Edited by renzs

Guest akira.pwr

I don't understand all these problems about "not being able to flash old recovery"... if you can't use adb 'cos drivers don't work or whatever, just download QuickBoot from market and reboot into bootloader from there, then flash malez, no need for working adb/debug.

I've tried to flash malez like the second cwm, that's all, debug and adb are important for other reasons, I've tried to flash original Froyo bin with acer tools, but process are stopped for (I think) debug problem, my device results connected at start, so, I want to understand what happened, now I have flashed LN1.9.2 with new recovery and I'll keep it until someone find a solution.

Guest Sn0w0nS

Pretty easy:

-unzip

-go in dekstop and press the right button on the computer icon(on the win7) and press properties

-after that press managing devices

-go on your phone ,right click for updates drivers

-select manually drivers

-select the folder you have unziped

-install drivers. done.

I've installed the drivers like you said and that worked but I can't still install the new CWM recovery.

Here is a link to a screenshot of what my terminal says.

http://d.pr/U9vv