[CM9] Cyanogenmod 9 for LiquidA1/LiquidE

Guest thepasto

Guest kaerry

Looks like swappiness set to 40 gives less reboots and tolerable performance. But you can't properly multi-task anyway. Forget about listening to music and surfing the web - that won't work on A1 with 256 megs. Time to throw A1 away...

Or time to wait another update or reinstall liquidnext. But if you want to throw away the liquid, please consider to gift it to me :)

Guest FeareX

I told myself to wait till there is a more stable release.. i was running the stock 2.2 rom (with root). But yesterday evening i had nothing to do and thought, lets give it a go!

Since i was running the stock rom already, i started with flashing the bootloader. Then repartitioned the sd card (thx for the headsup that it would delete al the existing files :P). I also used a 256MB swap and 1024MB ext partition. And then flashed the rom and the google apps.

I must say, i expected something buggy, but this is amazing! I use link2sd and all my apps are up and running again. I'm testing the battery life now, i use my phone allot in the train to school and back. In total 3hours of continious use a day, and i whatsapp allot the rest of the day, so i prefer good battery life.

I can live with the current issues, like the camcorder and thetering. I just have one question, te browser loads pages verry slow. Over wifi (no problems with wifi btw) i load a page, the blue loading bar goes from 0 to 100% pretty quick. Then it takes a while before the page actually shows. As if te phone takes allot of time to render the page. When its finnaly loaded, its smooth as silk with scrolling (gpu acceleration ftw!).

Is there anything i can do to speed this up? I can make a video of it to make it more clear if you guys want :)

All in all i'm very happy this far! The browser is the only negative i found so far. I'm looking forward to everyone's feedback!

And btw; i typed this on my Acer Liquid E, running ICS :D

Guest Master_T

Guys, any idea as to how to reflash a clean BIN? Acer Download Tool doesn't recognize my A1 now, not in normal mode nor in recovery mode... any tips? I tried to flash a 2.3 rom directly from CWM recovery, but it doesn't install properly, the rom just freezes on the acer logo...

Guest thepasto

Guys, any idea as to how to reflash a clean BIN? Acer Download Tool doesn't recognize my A1 now, not in normal mode nor in recovery mode... any tips? I tried to flash a 2.3 rom directly from CWM recovery, but it doesn't install properly, the rom just freezes on the acer logo...

reinstall malez before.. then run adt when phone is in recovery mode

EDIT: Another easier way (don't know if it really will work) tick usb theter option then open adt, maybe your phone should be recognized

Edited by thepasto

Guest thepasto

Have you got an "how to" for touch sensibility?

adb remout && adb shell

echo 25 > /sys/devices/platform/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-005c/sensitivity

echo 75 > /sys/devices/platform/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-005c/noise

change 25 and 75 to what you like. to make it persistent just
adb remout && adb shell

echo "echo 25 > /sys/devices/platform/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-005c/sensitivity

echo 75 > /sys/devices/platform/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-005c/noise" > /system/etc/ini.d/05touchscreen

chmod 777 /system/etc/init.d/05touchscreen

Edited by thepasto

Guest akira.pwr

adb remout && adb shell

echo 25 > /sys/devices/platform/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-005c/sensitivity

echo 75 > /sys/devices/platform/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-005c/noise

change 25 and 75 to what you like. to make it persistent just
adb remout && adb shell

echo 75 > /sys/devices/platform/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-005c/noise" > /system/etc/ini.d/05touchscreen

Can someone to give good values for sensitivity? I don't remember if lower/greater are better/worse, thanks

Guest kaerry

Can someone to give good values for sensitivity? I don't remember if lower/greater are better/worse, thanks

My best values: 25 sens, 50 noise.

But adb no more working with ics :(

Thepasto, my liquid always reboot when plug the usb (for charge the phone), is it a know bug?

Edited by kaerry

Guest joker87

Hi, what about Dalvik cache? I used to move dk to the EXT partition via a2sdgui, app available on the market, that's the only way to install a decent number of apps on our liquids, is this trick still working?

To get ADB working

You need to have drivers already installed. Open devices, click update driver, select manual installation, choose driver from the list of all installed drivers, select Acer ADB, click Next. Windows will tell you that you should not do that. Ignore warning and install. Now it works.

I've found one of the reasons for hiccups. This is a DEBUG build! Check out ADB logs - profiling is running and all other stuff. thepasto, can you please build release build? That should improve performance on A1 AFAIK.

Guest kaerry

This is the command to set a sensitivity for a better UI experience:

adb remout
adb shell

echo 50 > /sys/devices/platform/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-005c/noise" > /system/etc/init.d/05touchscreen

Edited by kaerry

Guest kaerry

I've found one of the reasons for hiccups. This is a DEBUG build! Check out ADB logs - profiling is running and all other stuff. thepasto, can you please build release build? That should improve performance on A1 AFAIK.

What is this "debug build"?

Guest thepasto

When it will be more stable you have release build. Many infos are needed now. just wait

Guest Master_T

When it will be more stable you have release build. Many infos are needed now. just wait

Which means technically that ICS on the liquid can be quite a bit smoother than it is already... that's great!

By the way, thanks for the tip about installing Malez to use Acer Download Tool, worked perfectly.

I'm back on MIUI now, but I know my curiosity will keep me checking ICS back at each release just to see the progress :D I'm addicted to flashing :D:D

Guest thepasto

Which means technically that ICS on the liquid can be quite a bit smoother than it is already... that's great!

By the way, thanks for the tip about installing Malez to use Acer Download Tool, worked perfectly.

I'm back on MIUI now, but I know my curiosity will keep me checking ICS back at each release just to see the progress :D I'm addicted to flashing :D:D

Well for me it's hard to say how much it will go smoother... But it's only the first release and cm is on alpha stage so we can only do better :P

For me it's difficult to understand speed issue, because on liquid E works really great and i can't test on a1 unluckly.

Guest bildr

I've tested the battery drain that I seem to have myself. It seems that the phone is having problem looking for the network and when I set my Liquid on Airplane mode(wich freeze my phone, but after a reboot it mode is still there) I don't get this draining anymore. So my suspicious would be on the Network. But still for a beta1 of a CM alpha it is really a great job! I'm having less bug than on LiquidNext!!!! Yeah! For some reason(I'm with Fido/Rogers in Canada) all liquidnext version seems to make my com.android.phone crash and airplane mode going on and off by itself! So indeed this custom ICS is really a great job!

Guest joker87

Ehm... How do I flash back malez recovery?? With the new USB management I can't get my device recognized and I can't even start the procedure...

Guest BR-ONE

Ehm... How do I flash back malez recovery?? With the new USB management I can't get my device recognized and I can't even start the procedure...

suggest: go in CWM and format your SD.

reboot

copy files in you brand new formatted SD

reboot

wipe as in istructions

flash

enjoy

no need malez....

Guest hatredwicked

Hi devs,

Would like to affirm some noob qns.

Can i flash it on top of Froyo BIN 2.2.2 / kernel 2.6.29 / Acer_LiquidE_4.008.08_EMEA_VFIT rom? I'ma Liquid A1 user though.

Just follow those steps from page 1 or need other preparation?

I've CM9, CWM, Alpha 0_36, gapps-ics & dtapps.

So which is the 1st to install pls advise.

I've got Malez_0.6 installed long time ago and did a back-up via nandroid not long ago.

Thz in adavance.

Guest joker87

suggest: go in CWM and format your SD.

reboot

copy files in you brand new formatted SD

reboot

wipe as in istructions

flash

enjoy

no need malez....

This is the longest way, I have almost 20 Gb on my SD...:P

But where are new backups on SD?? On the first page they say you can use this recovery mode to restore older nandroids backups on Liquid E, but it doesn't find any. Must use a new folder but I don't know which one... :huh:

PS: Found it! They're stored in /clockworkmod/backup. I'll try to move there an old backup and see if I get it to work. ;)

Edited by joker87

Guest Master_T

This instructions are for windows 7, not tested on other versions:

I modded the sdk acer drivers to work with this rom, as suggested by a user a few pages back:

-Download: http://www.mediafire...mmqbulxeajnct2n

-Extract to a folder of your choice

-Right click on "My Pc" --> Properties --> Device Manager

-Find the "A1" device marked with the yellow "!" that indicates that the device is missing a driver

-Right click on it --> Update drivers --> Browse computer --> Let me pick --> All devices --> Have disk... --> navigate to the folder you extracted the above package and choose "android_winusb.inf" --> of the 3 choices select "ADB device" if I remember correcly (the shorter of the two)

-Windows tells you the driver has no signature, ignore this and install anyway

-ADB should now work, use it to do "adb reboot bootloader"

-Flash malez as usual

OTHER OPTION (much faster :D):

-Downlaod "QuickBoot" from market

-Use it to boot into Bootloader

-Flash malez

;)

Edited by Master_T

For me it's difficult to understand speed issue, because on liquid E works really great and i can't test on a1 unluckly.

The thing is that Linux kernel tries as hard as possible to allocate RAM when there is little amount of it. Since debug release contains many native processes which work in background gathering statistics and so on they start conflicting with Dalvik memory management. At some point kernel panic happens. I'm too lazy to go into details right now, but I think debug build won't work better on A1.