[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest RedZombie

Once again excellent work. Flashed now and working beautifully! Only one question atm as I guess it relates to the wifi issue... can't find an option for wifi tethering although there is a notification drawer power control icon for it that changes state as if to say I'm working...

Guest VivacityJohn

when I press the home key it doesnt take me back to the apps page, so I have to quit the current running app to select something else.

My spirit fm light isnt working, cant detect fm and it was fine on FnC4.

Had a weirdy where no apps or widgets were showing. I did have force 2d gpu rendering on. I've turned it off and will see if it happens again.

Guest Dazzozo

when I press the home key it doesnt take me back to the apps page, so I have to quit the current running app to select something else.

Had a weirdy where no apps or widgets were showing. I did have force 2d gpu rendering on. I've turned it off and will see if it happens again.

Vivacity. Yeah. That's been a problem right since Fuzzra's first ever build and has never been fixed. I'll look in to that.

Yeah, and this message goes to everyone, turn Force 2D GPU rendering off. It's only going to cause problems from now on.

Guest welshrage

yeah erm sorry i aint posted my thanks yet on your hard work Dazzozo.. i've been erm #blush# getting intimate with my sexy new rom hee hee nah serious damn good work on this wi fi issue, have backed up and gonna try the new aokp build as i love the rom controls on it

good work!

waiting for your perfect one!

Guest Reider59

So smooth, as I remembered and a pleasure to use. I love that boot up animation, had to switch off and see it again before I reverted to Fish n Chips R6. I see an ideal mix with this and some of the features we have in F n C R6. Compared with the Kang one I prefer this CM9 version 100% personally, as it stands now. It seems smoother and better looking for me. Adding the WiFi in has strengthened it considerably. Its really coming together well and I hope it retains the smoothness all the way through any changes. Many many thanks for your time and work on this.....

Guest Prettygrim

showing my absolute ignorance here guys. what exactly are the differences between the AOKP and the CyanogenMod 9 versions? is one more suited/recommended for the Vivacity than the other?

Guest Dazzozo

showing my absolute ignorance here guys. what exactly are the differences between the AOKP and the CyanogenMod 9 versions? is one more suited/recommended for the Vivacity than the other?

http://knowmydroid.com/blog/what-is-aokp-rom-how-is-it-different-from-cm9

Neither would be more suited to the Vivacity than the other - the kernel I post is the same file in both threads.

Edit: If you want something a little more stable, go with CM9.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest adroc

flashed your new version this morning, it works great so far :D Nice to have gallery working !

Thank you again and keep the good work !

GPS working nicely here

Edited by adroc

Guest Dazzozo

So smooth, as I remembered and a pleasure to use. I love that boot up animation, had to switch off and see it again before I reverted to Fish n Chips R6. I see an ideal mix with this and some of the features we have in F n C R6. Compared with the Kang one I prefer this CM9 version 100% personally, as it stands now. It seems smoother and better looking for me. Adding the WiFi in has strengthened it considerably. Its really coming together well and I hope it retains the smoothness all the way through any changes. Many many thanks for your time and work on this.....

Once everything's stable I will probably do a customised ROM with CM9 as a base, but that's food for thought at this point.

Edit: Right, regarding the camera, I believe tilal is using the kernel 2.6 ICS camera HAL wrapper which as far as my understanding goes, lets you use Gingerbread camera libraries.

Edit 2: We're getting nowhere by pushing different versions of libs around.

Edit 3: It seems we share a camera with the Skate, specifically the OV5640. That'll be a start. Looking in to it.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest iharrybao

I‘ve tried a skate ROM before. everything works well but wifi and bluetooth. and it's not ICS, it's 2.3.7, and it has been changed a lot, seems just like the ICS. it's made by a Chinese, and no forum for crescent in China yet. so no one build the ROM, I don't know how to do it..

Guest domenico lamberti

I‘ve tried a skate ROM before. everything works well but wifi and bluetooth. and it's not ICS, it's 2.3.7, and it has been changed a lot, seems just like the ICS. it's made by a Chinese, and no forum for crescent in China yet. so no one build the ROM, I don't know how to do it..

are you saying this isnt ICS or Tilal's Build in the Sakte and Blade Forums are not, because i can assure you that they are

Guest Dazzozo

are you saying this isnt ICS or Tilal's Build in the Sakte and Blade Forums are not, because i can assure you that they are

This is pretty much ColdFusionX. I just can't call it that because it's not authored by tilal.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest iharrybao

I know the ROM in this thread is ICS, I mean the ROM I tried Is 2.3.7, and the ROM is for skate, it works good but wifi and bluetooth. so I hope anyone could help with it so we can try to use it.

Guest Dazzozo

On the issue of camera:

Have you tried putting the liboemcamera from the common repo to /system/lib?

Trying now.

Edit: I've also disabled the front camera in the kernel because this is causing the Camera app in CM7 to crash, just in case. Better to get one camera working first.

Edit 2: Nope, can't connect to camera. I'll grab a logcat if it's changed.

Edit 3: Same output. That ugly looking stack trace-like thing.

Edit 4: Got wpa_supplicant 8 to not break the entire build procedure, so I'll be testing that shortly.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

nice work!

Is this ROM stable?

Stable in what sense?

Edit: It runs smooth and fluid, if that's what you're asking.

If you mean 'does it work fully' then no, there are issues such as the camera.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

Right, Wi-Fi indicator fixed and as a handy side effect I don't need to use outdated libhardware_legacy anymore which makes the Wi-Fi fix a lot cleaner. Would people be interested in a build with this if I also threw in common_mini_phone? I don't have working camera yet.

Guest BrideOfTheAtom

Good work on the ROM Dazzozo, been very enjoyable watching this progress from the sidelines :D I had a similar problem with the home key on my Vivacity as described above. The unusual thing is that on the application screen (for example) pressing the home key did do something, rather than returning to the home screen it placed a little highlighting box around the top left app on the screen. Similarly on the Play store, pressing the home key highlighted the back button in the top left hand corner. Any idea what is going on here?

Only other issue I had was I couldn't seem to turn vibrate off when typing on the keypad. That's probably just me being a fool though!

Anyway, just thought I'd give my feedback, hope you don't mind and keep up the great work.