[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest NinjehKitteh

Sorry to be annoying (I'm a teenager, it's my job :P) but would getting all the optional things make any difference? I'm sure Gingerbread already has A2SD doesn't it? Surely it'd be stupid if they didn't add it in ICS :P

-Ninjeh.

Guest Dazzozo

Sorry to be annoying (I'm a teenager, it's my job :P) but would getting all the optional things make any difference? I'm sure Gingerbread already has A2SD doesn't it? Surely it'd be stupid if they didn't add it in ICS :P

-Ninjeh.

It's up to the ROM author whether or not it's in the ROM as the Darktremor scripts come from the community.

Guest NinjehKitteh

Yep, volume down.

There's no absolute requirement for a charger - if you have a full battery you can just do it on that.

I booted it with 'Power' and 'Volume Down' but it's gone into FTM :/ I'm guessing that means I don't have CWM? How would I go about getting it then?

Thanks, yet again

-Ninjeh.

Guest Dazzozo

I booted it with 'Power' and 'Volume Down' but it's gone into FTM :/ I'm guessing that means I don't have CWM? How would I go about getting it then?

Thanks, yet again

-Ninjeh.

Fastboot method that I linked to earlier.

Guest NinjehKitteh

Fastboot method that I linked to earlier.

When downloading the Android SDK, will I need to download any addition packages? Because if so, I'm screwed. I get an error message saying it was refused connection, so there's nothing else I can download within the SDK Manager :/

-Ninjeh.

Guest Dazzozo

When downloading the Android SDK, will I need to download any addition packages? Because if so, I'm screwed. I get an error message saying it was refused connection, so there's nothing else I can download within the SDK Manager :/

-Ninjeh.

You'll need platform tools.

Guest NinjehKitteh

You'll need platform tools.

Does that come from within the SDK Manager or can I download it from the developer.android.com website?

-Ninjeh.

Guest NinjehKitteh

It's all in the SDK.

Would that be something I'd get from here? Or would it be on my Start Menu? I'm sure I've had this issue before when I was trying to develop apps :/Non_working_SDK.jpg

Guest Dazzozo

Would that be something I'd get from here? Or would it be on my Start Menu? I'm sure I've had this issue before when I was trying to develop apps :/Non_working_SDK.jpg

KOoZGg.png

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest NinjehKitteh

KOoZGg.png

I'm guessing it has something to do with this? It's what I had before but I could find no way to solve it. It's come back to haunt me :/

-Ninjeh.Refusing_connection.jpg

Guest Dazzozo

I'm guessing it has something to do with this? It's what I had before but I could find no way to solve it. It's come back to haunt me :/

-Ninjeh.Refusing_connection.jpg

Yeah you can't pull the repository lists.

Guest NinjehKitteh

If it helps, I did mine (OSFII) by flashing TPT through system updates then flashing the ROM...

Would you be able to explain to me how I could do that? Because I've even ran the SKD as Administrator and it still didn't work :/

-Ninjeh.

Guest RedZombie

Download ROM to SD card, then follow this option 4. Once you have downloaded tpt and checked md5 extract zip to SD card and out will get a folder called image. Then go to settings>about phone>system updates>install from SD card.

Phone will flash tpt and boot into recovery, then install ROM as per this thread instructs.

Only tried this on my OSFII so can't guarantee it will work on vivacity.

Guest NinjehKitteh

Download ROM to SD card, then follow this http://android.modac...-vivacity-tpts/ option 4. Once you have downloaded tpt and checked md5 extract zip to SD card and out will get a folder called image. Then go to settings>about phone>system updates>install from SD card.

Phone will flash tpt and boot into recovery, then install ROM as per this thread instructs.

Only tried this on my OSFII so can't guarantee it will work on vivacity.

Thanks for that. It appears to have worked, it's booting up now and the animation is great. If all goes to plan and it's worked, I'll report back with any issues I find, and with the amount you've fixed, I'm guessing there'll be hardly any besides the camera.

-Ninjeh.

Guest VivacityJohn

Has anyone got iplayer working on this ? I've installed the flash player and iplayer from FnC and iplayer just shows a cube with a question mark in meaning it hasnt found flash. I use it alot and if it doesnt work on here then this rom will be useless to me which is a real shame as it's sooo smooth compared to FnC (which is still good btw!)

Edited by VivacityJohn

Guest Dazzozo

Has anyone got iplayer working on this ? I've installed the flash player and iplayer from FnC and iplayer just shows a cube with a question mark in meaning it hasnt found flash. I use it alot and if it doesnt work on here then this rom will be useless to me which is a real shame as it's sooo smooth compared to FnC (which is still good btw!)

Give up with Flash. Chances are it will never work now Adobe has abandoned it.

It's nothing for me to fix either. You're asking too much with Adobe's current attitudes, the fact it's an ARMv6 device, and the fact it's ICS.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest NinjehKitteh

Give up with Flash. Chances are it will never work now Adobe has abandoned it.

It's nothing for me to fix either. You're asking too much with Adobe's current attitudes, the fact it's an ARMv6 device, and the fact it's ICS.

The was a version on the xda forums that I found, that supposedly works on ARMv6 devices. I believe it was entitled Adobe Flash Player 11.3 or something?

But I'm not sure if it'll work on ICS :/

-Ninjeh.

Guest NinjehKitteh

I have a problem, it's not too big, but it's not small.

When using the browser, all I get is blank white pages, doesn't matter what site I go on. I've fiddled with all the settings I could find on the browser but I've had no good luck.

I'm not sure if it's just me, but I'm just reporting my findings.

-Ninjeh.

Guest Dazzozo

The was a version on the xda forums that I found, that supposedly works on ARMv6 devices. I believe it was entitled Adobe Flash Player 11.3 or something?But I'm not sure if it'll work on ICS :/-Ninjeh.

Probably not. It's the combination of these factors, not just any one of them.

I have a problem, it's not too big, but it's not small.When using the browser, all I get is blank white pages, doesn't matter what site I go on. I've fiddled with all the settings I could find on the browser but I've had no good luck.I'm not sure if it's just me, but I'm just reporting my findings.-Ninjeh.

I've not seen this issue before and I don't think anyone else has reported it yet.

Also, are you using mobile data? I don't think the ROM has an APN list for some reason.

Try out another browser, too.

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

I've not seen this issue before and I don't think anyone else has reported it yet.

Also, are you using mobile data? I don't think the ROM has an APN list for some reason.

I do get a similar browser problem on the AOKP rom but not on this one. On the AOKP rom it affects the "Android Pro Widgets" I use to show facebook and twitter on my homescreens, they're supposed to show an integrated webpage to let you login and link the widget to the account but they show no browser page and then just close. Maybe a similar problem to this?

Guest Dazzozo

I do get a similar browser problem on the AOKP rom but not on this one. On the AOKP rom it affects the "Android Pro Widgets" I use to show facebook and twitter on my homescreens, they're supposed to show an integrated webpage to let you login and link the widget to the account but they show no browser page and then just close. Maybe a similar problem to this?

I've had the issue on AOKP. AOKP will probably only inherit shared fixes from CM9 for a while, though. When CM9 is stable I'll work on AOKP specific things.

Guest NinjehKitteh

I'm using Wi-Fi at the moment because I have no data plan yet, but I will soon.

I fixed, but I don't know how :/ It did seem to work after I downloaded Dolphin Browser though.

I'll report back with any more findings tomorrow.

-Ninjeh.