[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

Off topic, slightly, but hey it's my thread!

Wikipedia confirms it - we don't have Blade 2s! "The Blade II, is released in 2012, March, with 1GHz Snapdragon processor and ICS.[4]"

Guest NinjehKitteh

Windows should only see the FAT partition from now on which is your normal SD area, which should be shrunk by 512MB, so you should be able to format while retaining the ext partition. If you want to restore the changes you'll have to repartition in CWM with 0MB ext and 0MB swap.

Grade. I have to wipe my card sometimes to get rid of files I just cba to delete manually :P

-Ninjeh.

Guest NinjehKitteh

• Create an ext partition in Recovery (bearing in mind this will wipe your SD card in the process)
  • Flash the Darktremor scripts
  • Open Terminal Emulator
  • "su"
  • "a2sd cachesdreset"

And never worry about internal memory again! :P

It just shifts all your Dalvik cache to an ext partition on the SD card while keeping your actual apps on internal memory. A lot of the tiny internal memory we have on a cheap ZTE phone goes to waste because of Dalvik cache residing on it.

Opening the Terminal Emulator is when the phone is actually booted up right? It's an app I do believe?

-Ninjeh.

Guest NinjehKitteh

Off topic, slightly, but hey it's my thread!

Wikipedia confirms it - we don't have Blade 2s! "The Blade II, is released in 2012, March, with 1GHz Snapdragon processor and ICS.[4]"

I never actually refer to it as a Blade 2 because I always know that ZTE is too unoriginal to come up with new names all the time, even if it does look similar to the Blade :P

-Ninjeh.

Guest BrideOfTheAtom

Why was I expecting anything less...

adb shell getevent -lt /dev/input/event1

223-801286: EV_KEY KEY_HOME DOWN

224-23718: EV_KEY KEY_HOME UP

226-783939: EV_KEY KEY_HOME DOWN

226-926311: EV_KEY KEY_HOME UP

229-461013: EV_KEY KEY_HOME DOWN

229-583005: EV_KEY KEY_HOME UP

Okay so it turns out my other ROM just wasn't working with ADB. Your ICS rom I had on the sdcard (an older version than the last release) does. However I can't seem to get any output from adb shell getevent -lt /dev/input/event1. Was this the output to the shell or was it saving to some file on the phone?

Guest Dazzozo

Okay so it turns out my other ROM just wasn't working with ADB. Your ICS rom I had on the sdcard (an older version than the last release) does. However I can't seem to get any output from adb shell getevent -lt /dev/input/event1. Was this the output to the shell or was it saving to some file on the phone?

Output to the shell.

Guest BrideOfTheAtom

Output to the shell.

Okay so the problem was that the vivacity keys don't seem to fire up any events in /dev/input/event1. If I remove that filter I get loads of information on event2 and event0...

Edited by BrideOfTheAtom

Guest Dazzozo

Okay so the problem was that the vivacity keys don't seem to fire up any events in /dev/input/event1. If I remove that filter I get loads of information on event2 and event1...

Well, tell me if you figure anything out.

Guest NinjehKitteh

Aye.

I followed your steps but it still says my internal memory only has 200MB in total, when I selected 512MB? I confused :/

-Ninjeh.

Guest Dazzozo

I followed your steps but it still says my internal memory only has 200MB in total, when I selected 512MB? I confused :/

-Ninjeh.

It doesn't increase your internal memory. It moves your Dalvik cache to the sd-ext partition which decreases the usage of the internal memory.

Guest NinjehKitteh

It doesn't increase your internal memory. It moves your Dalvik cache to the sd-ext partition which decreases the usage of the internal memory.

Oh okay, so that's why instead of 100 odd MB everything I have no only uses 63MB?

-Ninjeh.

Guest BrideOfTheAtom

Well, tell me if you figure anything out.

I don't think this is going to help much as it looks like the capacitive buttons output something similar to the capacitive screen rather than a discrete button press. Oh well.

Guest NinjehKitteh

I don't think this is going to help much as it looks like the capacitive buttons output something similar to the capacitive screen rather than a discrete button press. Oh well.

I know this probably won't work as I don't get how most of this does, but surely if there's 4 capacitive buttons, then you can see what 1 button does and just make the other button do the same but just change the outcome.

Again, it's most likely not that simple, and it probably doesn't work like that, but it's my newbish POV :P

-Ninjeh.

Guest fr0do

Thinks out loud: If the home button is causing a outline highlight it's doing something like a button press on the screen, maybe not pressing the button but emulating a touch.

Guest Dazzozo

I'm thinking of changing the internal name for everything from "blade2" to "crescent". As this isn't actually the Blade 2 and when the Blade 2 comes along it'll probably cause problems. It needs some thinking about.

Edit: "crescent" seems to cause no arguments and is model unspecific. Plus it's a little more original than "blade2". ;)

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

In my settings it already says Crescent? And I couldn't find any reference of Blade2 anywhere on here :P

-Ninjeh.

I said "internal". :P

It is already set to show "Crescent" as the nice name, I'm talking developmentally and internally within the OS.

Guest RedZombie

I have started getting the blank screen issue in browser and Gmail that some others have mentioned... screen within the apps and Gmail widget just goes white. Any ideas?

Guest Dazzozo

I have started getting the blank screen issue in browser and Gmail that some others have mentioned... screen within the apps and Gmail widget just goes white. Any ideas?

Let's be honest here - until I experience it myself I can't really do a lot about this issue. People need to step up and start finding relevant logs, etc. That's your best way to getting things fixed.

Guest RedZombie

Let's be honest here - until I experience it myself I can't really do a lot about this issue. People need to step up and start finding relevant logs, etc. That's your best way to getting things fixed.

Cool OK, what us the most useful way to get the info for you?

Guest Dazzozo

Cool OK, what us the most useful way to get the info for you?

Plug the phone in with USB debugging enabled, either grab ADB from the Android SDK under Platform Tools or find a separate download of it, and check out "adb logcat" or "adb shell dmesg" when these issues occur.