[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest welshrage

how do we log and post errors fella? i'm more than happy to help,am tech friendly but new to android and java etc...

just seen above post lol sorry will do :-D

Edited by welshrage

Guest Dazzozo

how do we log and post errors fella? i'm more than happy to help,am tech friendly but new to android and java etc...

Those commands will give you logs - logcat will keep updating with system logs, while you'll have to type adb shell dmesg again to get another update.

If they're lengthy, you can pastebin it and just dump a link here, if you can tidy it up down to a small relevant part then just post it in the thread.

Guest RedZombie

Plug the phone in with USB debugging enabled, either grab ADB from the Android SDK under Platform Tools or find a separate download of it, and check out "adb logcat" or "adb shell dmesg" when these issues occur.

Is there any way of doing it just using the phone as my laptop is not very well atm :(

Guest NinjehKitteh

Yes! I manages to pull the repository lists, so I will finally get adb!

-Ninjeh.

Wait, don't hold me to that. It's playing up again -.-

-Ninjeh.

Guest NinjehKitteh

I managed to get everything downloaded ^_^ If you need anything doing for the TMV now, just ask and I'll work it out and give it a try :)

-Ninjeh.

Guest Dazzozo

I managed to get everything downloaded ^_^ If you need anything doing for the TMV now, just ask and I'll work it out and give it a try :)

-Ninjeh.

Nothing specific - see what you can find. ;)

Guest NinjehKitteh

Once I work out what all the adb commands do then I'll have a play around :D Got any specific commands I should know? :P

-Ninjeh.

Guest Dazzozo

Once I work out what all the adb commands do then I'll have a play around :D Got any specific commands I should know? :P

-Ninjeh.

adb logcat and adb shell dmesg, pretty much. :P

Guest Dazzozo

Logcat gives the biggest, most random string of things :P And I have no idea what shell dmesg is :P

-Ninjeh.

Latest things appear towards the bottom, so go bug hunting and see what messages show up.

Guest Dazzozo

Oh okay, I see. What should I see if I press a button? Like back maybe?

-Ninjeh.

These don't show up in logcat or dmesg, you'll have to run adb shell getevent -lt /dev/input/event1

You might have to do adb root first.

Guest irishpancake

Is there any way of doing it just using the phone as my laptop is not very well atm :(

Would Catlog from Market, sorry....Play, be useful, on the Phone??

I think this is a useful logcat client, with logs, filtering and e-mail built-in!!

And possibly Terminal Emulator

Guest Dazzozo

Would Catlog from Market, sorry....Play, be useful, on the Phone??

I think this is a useful logcat client, with logs, filtering and e-mail built-in!!

And possibly Terminal Emulator

Catlog's good if people find that easier. Terminal Emulator lets you enter adb shell commands on your device itself.

Guest Dazzozo

Obviously >.< :P I pressed all 4 many times :P

-Ninjeh.

The command probably only works for physical buttons, then. Not sure what you could try.

Guest Dazzozo

I'm guessing so because all the 4 buttons still come up blank :/

-Ninjeh.

There's probably some other command we're unaware of - I can't really figure it out myself as I don't have a phone with touch buttons, obviously. :lol:

Feel free to have a poke and a Google around, though. See what you can find.

Guest NinjehKitteh

I saw all the commands on the Android dev but I don't get most of them :3

I'll fiddle about with some tomorrow and figure something out :P

-Ninjeh.